Concerns after two foreign women sunbathe in Chiang Mai temple

webfact

Nothing wrong with this.

We all have to remember that it was the Thais that invented Ping Pong shows and that it is the National Sport of Thailand 🤣

Edited by DjSilver
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kickstart said:

Not ignorant, just do not understand Thai customs, the tour guide, if they were one, most tours are at sights just long enough to see the sight ,not to sun bath , should have said something............that is if her English was good enough to explain about Thai customs.

The big problem is that not enough Tourists give a damn about Thai customs nor do they bother to check!

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

My wife says, "What a drama!".

Referring to the old school conservatives (Junta Clown Class).  "There not wearing bikini's, there just wearing comfortable clothes and relaxing on the grass "Outside" of the temple.

The conservative Thai's are alarmists and resemble some of the Trumpist right wing nutcases.

Nightmare. 

Fatuous comment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Nonsense just about when and how long one does it. After 3pm makes perfect sense

Thailand would hope we all became monks.

Why would that time make a difference?   As a person that has had multiple skin cancers, I would be interested in know why.  

Also, I am not sure if there would be any difference with me.   I suspect agent orange poisoning has had some effect on causing skin cancers, based on a small study by one doctor years ago, with regards to people of a certain skin type. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, stix40 said:

They should respect the budist culture ! 

Plenty of sign's as you enter most temples ! 

Perhaps they would be better off going to magaluf or benidorm 

Or Kuta Beach ! 

It sure is mellow grazin' in the grass
(Grazin' in the grass is a gas, baby, can you dig it)
What a trip just watchin' as the world goes past

There are so many good things to see
While grazin' in the grass
Flowers with colours for takin'

23 minutes ago, stix40 said:

They should respect the budist culture ! 

Do you know about Sunbathing Buddha Festivals?

Also known as "the basking of Buddha."

Further the two ladies were appropriately dressed, neither nude nor semi-nude, what one might expect of a tourist on a hot, sunny day.

But to be fair, let be it the monks or abbot to complain of people enjoying the peacefulness of a Buddhist temple area in the open. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Was your Wife being sarcastic or did she literally mean it ?

What did you say back to her ?

I agreed, like 99 % of the other Thai's reading the news of the world on Facebook. 

Girls are outside the temple wearing shorts on a hazy,hot, polluted typical day in Chiang Mai. 

Probably dozens of others doing the same.  

10 minutes ago, loong said:

They were not half naked and they were not in the temple, they were lying in the grass outside. I have seen plenty of Thai women dressed similarly in temple grounds. They will put a wrap around if they enter the actual temple.

Temple grounds is part of the temple! Imop

Here is a dress code from another temple!

“All visitors must wear appropriate clothing with no exposed shoulders or skin above the knee to respect the sacredness of the place. For women, cover the shoulders and chest area and wear bottoms that go past the knees. For men, long pants and shirts with sleeves are required”.

https://www.pullmanbangkokkingpower.com/bangkok-attractions/bangkok-culture/wat-pho/#:~:text=DRESS CODE&text=All visitors must wear appropriate,shirts with sleeves are required.

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Nonsense just about when and how long one does it. After 3pm makes perfect sense

Thailand would hope we all became monks.

"After 3pm makes perfect sense"

Check "Senile purpura"!  Very unsightly!

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

Not ignorant, just do not understand Thai customs, the tour guide, if they were one, most tours are at sights just long enough to see the sight ,not to sun bath , should have said something............that is if her English was good enough to explain about Thai customs.

I think it’s fair to acknowledge that as the worlds most visited city, invariably there will be some who just plain don’t know … others will be lack of compliance… 

Either way, I think it’s fair play for the authorities to post relevant signage saying what is and what isn’t ok.

True, you can’t really post EVERYthing that’s not allowed - you can take that past the nth degree, but I think a reasonable list of prohibited actions is necessary.. and then i’d be ok with the authorities taking punitive/enforcement action; as proper notice was given in advance   

I don't believe the story.

There a 2 women, totally exhausted by heat and sun and want to relax just for some time.

Probably they were unable to walk even one step more.

And nobody offered any help (unfortunately I was not around there) and gave some considerable relief. (I mean some water)

It's a shame, isn't it?😂🙏

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, riclag said:

I’ve been to a few temples!

Many Temples have strict rules on attire. So strict that some offer Sarongs to cover up.

Inside a temple.

Outside shorts and sandals are common place.

So is sitting around like these girls are doing. 

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

Pardon; to be ignorant of some custom or law means to have no knowledge of said custom or law.

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Inside a temple.

Outside shorts and sandals are common place.

So is sitting around like these girls are doing. 

In and around the temple visiting tourists should adhere to the rules, as mentioned previously!

• Haha 1