Police Help Turkish Tourist Catch Young Thief on Jomtien Beach

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police swiftly nabbed a young thief early Monday morning after he snatched a Turkish tourist’s phone on Jomtien Beach

...both the thief (judging by the photo) and the victim are barefoot. one can run faster without shoes, i guess

Edited by Pique Dard

They'd make a lovely couple, nice to see a happy ending with cuddles, is that one of those menthol sticks that he's sticking up the guys nose or is he administing smelling salts as he may of been overwhelmed by getting his phone back?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

With a quick pursuit, officer Tassanai apprehended the boy

Why steal a phone  that is surely password or fingerprint protected ?

He would not have been able to use it anyway ... Did he not know this ?

Stupid .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why steal a phone  that is surely password or fingerprint protected ?

He would not have been able to use it anyway ... Did he not know this ?

Stupid .

You seem to expect a lot from a 4,000 baht phone.

By the joy of the Turk, you'd think it was an i phone 15

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

:offtopic2: Slightly.

I was watching NHK TV World yesterday on Youtube.

It's running a series called " Interview Japan"... yesterday it was asking people what they like or dislike about Japan.

Overwhelmingly almost everyone said they liked Japan because outside it was clean and tidy, everyone is polite and willing to help foreigners, and there is a feeling of safety.

On the subject of lost possessions almost everyone said if you left your phone/wallet/bag somewhere like a train/shop/restaurant etc it would be found and taken to the nearest police booth. For sure you'd get it back.

Seems that's a stark contrast to Thailand, with only the odd honest cabbie returning property.

On my list to get to that country for a one-month visit.

The place just sounds amazing from what I have heard and seen on travel programmes.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Overwhelmingly almost everyone said they liked Japan because outside it was clean and tidy, everyone is polite and willing to help foreigners, and there is a feeling of safety.

On the subject of lost possessions almost everyone said if you left your phone/wallet/bag somewhere like a train/shop/restaurant etc it would be found and taken to the nearest police booth. 

LOL. That brings back memories. I had read so much about Japan and the Japanese as a kid that, almost 30 years ago, I was confident to leave my big heavy backpack at a post office for a day. Went back hours later with a story that I had 'forgotten it'... It was untouched, but moved to the staff area. I wouldn't ever do that in another country.  

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is amazing. I've worked alongside Japanese for much of the last 40 years and have never met one I haven't liked. I only have experience of Tokyo but it is one of my favourite places to visit. Last time I went there with my wife for a short break to celebrate my birthday, and the staff at the apartment place we stayed at noticed my date of birth on the registration form, and when we returned to the apartment after a walkabout there was a cake and a card signed by the staff. That is the Japanese.

So are the Yakuza.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

Part of his joy may have to do with having all his phone numbers, photos, maybe emails, etc. back in his possession

It's called backing up your phone.

48 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

A well-organised powerful mafia, but that doesn't sum up Japanese culture

I understand that, but these exocitist tropes that the Japanese are all cute and well mannered also don't sum it up. 

Taxi drivers sometimes return cash wherever you go :wink: