Prison officials say Thaksin eligible for parole

snoop1130

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Well I never, who'd of thunk it!!!

You could be forgiven for thinking this travesty would signal a sad day in Thai politics but with the never ending lies this is just business as normal, what a joke...

Yes Surprise Surprise!

8 hours ago, still kicking said:
pa·role
[pəˈrəʊl]

NOUN
  1. the temporary or permanent release of a prisoner before the expiry of a sentence, on the promise of good behaviour:

you can' t refer to him as a prisoner, because, well, he's in denial (and not in prison) . so there!!  ''Thai logic'' - the best example of an oxymoron.

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

True enough 30, 20, even 15 years ago...when Thailand didn't try to fool itself and others about who and what it/they truly are. Back then it was all smiles and 'we know and we know you know', so "mai pen rai", "sabai sabai" , "jai yen" and live and let live. Things were cool and easy. Now the place is worse than ever, yet it lies and pretends with charades and delusions, fooling no one but themselves. Things are more difficult for us, as well as majority of the Thai population. The elites are on a mighty high-horse, above any law or order...of which there has never been much...except now they rule with absolute power over their minions, expat residents and tourists...while running more wildly amok than ever. 

Meh, I reckon its just perfect.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can we please have a statement from the sick guy that from now on he will concentrate on his health and private family.

No more public appearances, no more political comments, just a quiet life.

He and his family did enough to divide Thailand. We really don't need more of him and his clan.

Once free he can do as he wishes although the anti Thaksin mob will be frothing from the mouth daily.

maybe you can form a group and froth together.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

And as absolutely everyone knew not one day in jail behind bars. 

At least Thaksin was arrested and deprived of his liberty.

Unlike the killer from the Red Bull family that has got away scot free.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin Meets Criteria For Parole, Can Take Up Political Role: Corrections Dept
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

De facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra next to Police Hospital, above, and flying back to Thailand on Aug. 22, 2023. Photo: Naewna

THE CORRECTIONS Department said today (Jan. 17) that de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-prisoner Thaksin Shinawatra meets the criteria for parole and once released may take up a political role, Naewna newspaper said.

This was stated during a press conference at the Justice Ministry attended by Mr. Somboon Muangklam, adviser to Justice Minister Thawee Sodsong, Mr. Guheng Yawhasan, secretary to the Justice Minister, along with Mr. Sitthi Sutheewong, administrative deputy director-general of the Corrections Department and Dr. Sompop Sangkutkaew, chief inspector-general of the Corrections Department.

Somboon said procedures had been correctly followed in allowing Thaksin to undergo medical treatment outside the prison when he completed 30, 60 and over 120 days’ stay at Police Hospital.

On Jan. 12 Mrs. Phongsawat Neelayothin, Justice Ministry’s permanent secretary, signed a document granting permission for him to continue staying outside the prison for medical treatment and yesterday Jan. 16, Justice Minister  Thawee signed a document acknowledging his continued stay at this hospital in excess of 136 days.

Full story: THA NEWSROOM 2024-01-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Why is the Corrections Department making the statement "He can take up political role." 

There is a government agency officially responsible for making appropriate statements according to a situation but it's certainly not the Corrections Department.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When PT abandoned all sense of morality and ethics, and jumped in bed with the extremely toxic and foul army, condoning them becoming part of the current administration, yet again, we all knew this was going to happen. 

We all knew a bargain was struck, we all knew that justice, righteousness, and the will of the people were all abandoned for the sake of power. That bargain likely included the return of Yingluck too. 

I don't know necessarily have a problem with that as you can make an argument that the charges were trumped up to begin with, but for the sake of transparency let's at least be honest about this. 

Let us not be naive, the sun will still rise, rice will still be eaten, it is the way of the world, big boys will beat little boys, who said life should be fair. It is as it is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

That was always the deal otherwise he would never have come back to Thailand his sister will be back by the end of the year my question is what deal has he and his party put together that the unelected senators will keep there posts when there supposed term of office comes to an end in March of the year !

Ahh the senators.

Does part of the comeback deal require PT to extend the senators? Absolutely! 

The closing act in a stunningly deceitful production that has had more twists and turns than the road to Pai.

• Like 1

I imagine Thaksin could play a role in implementing the dismantling of the recreational marijuana business. He has proved adept in the past at assembling squads of police to put drug dealers and users to the sword by their thousands. Where many think the legalisation horse has already bolted, Thaksin through injecting a substantial amount of fear into the situation will find a way to bypass the concerns of growers, sellers and users and halt the runaway beast in its tracks.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

45 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Off topic reference to Trump removed

Great !!.... I can see it is going to be one of those years with whatever other subject going, there will be someone trying to insert Joe or Donald into it.

Guys (Americans) please-have one big post on them that you can add to all year, but do leave the rest of the forum out of it.

“They let me out early because I was a good prisoner. Better than any other prisoner ever. The warden came up to me and said “Sir, we never had a prisoner as good as you . . . “

Oops, got him confused with someone else.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the doctors and nurses from the police hospital they have resurrected a man so close to death that he has had to remain in hospital for his entire incarceration. He was so close to death he couldn’t even spend 24 hours of his sentence in jail, now he has miraculously recovered enough to get parole and return to the stress of thai politics 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, stoner said:

the optics of this is nothing but a positive for thailand. 

also....i assume upon release he will be taken by ambulance to another hospital where he can be cared for until his terrible illness is cured ? a bum heart valve is no joke and will require an extended period of care....right ? 

after all he is far too ill as we have been told over and over for weeks now. 

a dose of Lazarus was given and a miracle occurred so I understand

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Great !!.... I can see it is going to be one of those years with whatever other subject going, there will be someone trying to insert Joe or Donald into it.

Guys (Americans) please-have one big post on them that you can add to all year, but do leave the rest of the forum out of it.

Let’s talk about Brexit again ffs 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1