Your opinion of eradication of dogs

Just now, simon43 said:

I find it very strange.  When I lived in Thailand, indeed I found many dogs to be a problem.  I had to carry a stick when I went for a morning walk.  They barked continuously and were aggressive and were a real threat to my health!

Now I live in Laos and there are many street dogs. But these dogs don't bark and are not aggressive!!

Why?

In Pratumnak the alpha males disappeared, dogs were calm and no problem, maybe the authorities got smart eventually and removed the alphas

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

In our village the dogs roam around the school and <deleted> on the playing fields.

There are toddlers at this school and I told the Mrs , it is only a matter of time before a kid gets attacked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I believe in Isaan too they have a cat  problem but no as bad the dog problem 

I have a cat problem, or should I say my couch has a cat problem :laugh:

We live in Khon Kaen and I don't see a cat problem 

I think the large number of dogs control the cat population. 

• Agree 1

I personally witnessed a Thai man die when he tried to drive his motorbike around a soi dog sleeping in the road. He startled the dog, the dog jumped and collided with the bike, the guy fell to the road and broke his neck.

But hey - I guess he forgot to put on his amulet that day. Sum num na.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, retarius said:

Most dogs are much nicer than people. No you shouldn't harm soi dogs under any circumstances, unless they attack you. 

Yes I had a nice dog he was chihuahua, he hated other dogs .

I had to get rid of him unfortunately because I live in a apartment and had to leave him by himself😭

But those Soi dogs in Thailand are not nice ,they are sneaky and angry 😡

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I had a nice dog he was chihuahua, he hated other dogs .

I had to get rid of him unfortunately because I live in a apartment and had to leave him by himself😭

But those Soi dogs in Thailand are not nice ,they are sneaky and angry 😡

No they are not, they might be hungry, but they have been beaten down all their lives and walk away from confrontation. Next time you see one, bend down and pick up a stone and see how fast they flee. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I stopped reading there because you seem to have a comprehension problem.

I said

"Is there an uncontrolled dog problem Thailand? sure is,  " for those who have comprehension issues, let me explain and i will try to speak slowly and use small words. 

It    means    that    I      agree     there    is     problem      with      "strays" . 

Sure you did, but unfortunately it can´t be taken seriously as this was above:

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I would not mind it , if the would start with you. 

I have a simple personality test for people. Anyone who does not  love dogs has something seriously wrong with them  and is to be avoided and kept an eye on. Removal from the gene pool is recommended but a lobotomy is not necessary IMO as one seems to have naturally happened to them during birth. 

So, the result is that you do not want them to be culled, but instead suggesting a system that is never going to work. Something that directly means you suggest to leave it like is.

• Thumbs Up 1