Trump is dominating the primaries. That doesn’t mean he’ll beat Biden

Social Media

49 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The rate of inflation is variable. It's customary for normal people to use "inflation" as shorthand for the "rate of inflation".

While the rate varies, the fact that it is cumulative does not. 

49 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Maybe "defilation" is shorthand for "deflation".

Maybe if you understood what it was you would not nitpick the spelling. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

While the rate varies, the fact that it is cumulative does not. 

Maybe if you understood what it was you would not nitpick the spelling. 

Amazing.

First you nitpick, and then you criticize nitpicking, all in the same post.

Zero self awareness.

38 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Energy price decreased less than five of the seven, why do you supposed that is? 

But without comparing it to what the increases were leading up it over the last few years. 

In any event, food prices went up dramatically for a couple years, now they're going up more slowly, that's good news. 

About your first question, I have no precise information about it. It may be that some countries have decreased prices a bit later than the U.S.

I agree with your comment about previous years. As I posted somewhere previously, U.S. inflation has been a bit higher than in other developed countries in 2022, and a bit lower in 2023, so the cumulative 2022+2023 inflation should be similar.  What is remarkable about the U.S. economy is not the inflation (similar to comparable economies), it's the GDP growth obtained with this level of inflation, which is much higher than other comparable developed countries.

27 minutes ago, candide said:

About your first question, I have no precise information about it. It may be that some countries have decreased prices a bit later than the U.S.

I agree with your comment about previous years. As I posted somewhere previously, U.S. inflation has been a bit higher than in other developed countries in 2022, and a bit lower in 2023, so the cumulative 2022+2023 inflation should be similar.  What is remarkable about the U.S. economy is not the inflation (similar to comparable economies), it's the GDP growth obtained with this level of inflation, which is much higher than other comparable developed countries.

Why is that remarkable? Inflation typically goes up with GDP growth, they are related. Ideally, it's best to have strong GDP growth with low/no inflation. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Why is that remarkable? Inflation typically goes up with GDP growth, they are related. Ideally, it's best to have strong GDP growth with low/no inflation. 

My point is that, with very similar level of inflation than other developped countries, the U.S has reached a significantly higher growth than other comparable developed countries.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

99c0f414-a003-4391-b7d6-963d136c34b3.png

Edited by candide

16 minutes ago, candide said:

My point is that, with very similar level of inflation than other developped countries, the U.S has reached a significantly higher growth than other comparable developed countries.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

99c0f414-a003-4391-b7d6-963d136c34b3.png

Does US GDP growth not typically outpace those countries?

12 hours ago, LosLobo said:

As Trump's incontinence has now been outed and is trending on media, who would have thought MagnaWorld would again project Trump's misdeeds onto Biden. 

incontinence..haha,  i've not see anything about it, too busy laughing at the alligator moats CNN says he wants to have

Edited by frank83628

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

incontinence..haha,  i've not see anything about it, too busy laughing at the alligator moats CNN says he wants to have

The 'alligator moats' also has been reported on PBS one of US's most trusted News services.

'In Texas, he delivered remarks highlighting his administration’s efforts to curb illegal immigration and the progress made on his signature 2016 campaign promise: building a “big, beautiful wall” across the length of the southern border — an imposing structure made of concrete and reinforced steel.

But over time, Trump demanded modifications that have been largely rejected: He wanted it painted black to burn the hands of those who touched it; he wanted it adorned with deadly spikes; he even wanted to surround it with an alligator-filled moat.

While he promised that it would be funded by Mexico, U.S. taxpayers ended up footing the bill.'

Trump says ‘25th Amendment is of zero risk to me’ while visiting Texas border wall | PBS NewsHour

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

'In Texas, he delivered remarks highlighting his administration’s efforts to curb illegal immigration and the progress made on his signature 2016 campaign promise: building a “big, beautiful wall” across the length of the southern border — an imposing structure made of concrete and reinforced steel.

But over time, Trump demanded modifications that have been largely rejected: He wanted it painted black to burn the hands of those who touched it; he wanted it adorned with deadly spikes; he even wanted to surround it with an alligator-filled moat.

yeah, you've heard of 'tongue in cheek' right? 

There are reports from credible people including a staff member on the Apprentice tasked with cleaning his mess. Do your own research as the maga types like to say.

Edited by Jingthing

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There are reports from credible people including a staff member on the Apprentice tasked with cleaning his mess. Do your own research as the maga types like to say.

Anyone that comes out against Trump is by definition credible to the left.  

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Anyone that comes out against Trump is by definition credible to the left.  

You seem confused. The most vocal anti-Trump forces are coming from conservative republicans like the Lincoln Project.

Being anti maga is NOT about right vs. left.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You seem confused. The most vocal anti-Trump forces are coming from conservative republicans like the Lincoln Project.

The Lincoln Project are never-Trump RINOs

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Being anti maga is NOT about right vs. left.

Being anti-MAGA is about continuing with the fundamental transformation of America. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Being anti-MAGA is about continuing with the fundamental transformation of America. 

No.

Magas are magas.

Old style Republicans are the only real Republicans remaining.

Calling them rinos is a maga gaslighting game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

i find it amusing and do not take it seriously, like i think some might!!
i dont think Biden does either, but if i had to bet on it, judged on there TV appearances past & present, i'd say the odds on bumbling Biden crapping his pants are higher

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The US has had the largest economy, most powerful military and greatest global influence of all nations since the end of World War II, if not longer.

Three obvious questions the MAGA fans can not answer:

When did America stop being great?

How did America stop being great?

Finally, assuming you buy the nonsense that America is no longer great, how will Trump make it great again?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The US has had the largest economy, most powerful military and greatest global influence of all nations since the end of World War II, if not longer.

So, money, power, and influence are all that matters? You must be a leftist. 

Three obvious questions the MAGA fans can not answer:

Really. 

When did America stop being great?

After WW2, but it is still great, just not as great as it used to be. 

How did America stop being great?

It's a pretty long list.

Finally, assuming you buy the nonsense that America is no longer great, how will Trump make it great again?

I think is still great but getting less so every year. I don't see Trump being elected, or the direction of the country changing, at least in my lifetime. 

Here's a question for you: If America is great, why does it need to be fundamentally transformed?

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No.

Magas are magas.

Old style Republicans are the only real Republicans remaining.

Calling them rinos is a maga gaslighting game.

Where are all the "real" Democrats? I don't see many of them around.

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, money, power, and influence are all that matters? You must be a leftist. 

Really. 

After WW2, but it is still great, just not as great as it used to be. 

It's a pretty long list.

I think is still great but getting less so every year. I don't see Trump being elected, or the direction of the country changing, at least in my lifetime. 

Here's a question for you: If America is great, why does it need to be fundamentally transformed?

Money, power and influence don't matter?  Tell that to Trump.  You must be extremely leftist.

So, Make America Great Again is nonsense, since America never stopped being great.  Thanks for confirming that.

I'm not advocating a fundamental transformation.  What gave you that idea?

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Money, power and influence don't matter?  Tell that to Trump.  You must be extremely leftist.

So, Make America Great Again is nonsense, since America never stopped being great.  Thanks for confirming that.

It's fair to assume that people who talk that way are referring to the fact that white people are becoming a minority, and they don't like it. Maga of course among other things is about white resentment. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You said that money, power and influence were what made America great, I only asked you it that was all that mattered. Now, because you have no integrity and are ill-equipped to have an honest discussion, you want to pretend I claimed that I claimed that money, power and influence don't matter. That's pretty weak. 

No, "Make America Great Again" is a campaign slogan, and it is not even original to Trump. Is "Build Back Better" an ideology? Does building something back better not imply it has been demolished? And of course you'll say something like Trump demolished it, but if Trump demolished it, it's not still great, is it? 

Do you support "Build Back Better"? If so, you are supporting replacing everything with something different. Almost like a fundamental transformation, yes? 

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's fair to assume that people who talk that way are referring to the fact that white people are becoming a minority, and they don't like it. Maga of course among other things is about white resentment. 

The race card, what a shock. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

And inflation is coming down. The inflation that started under Trump due to "supply change" issues.

Biden is doing a good job.

Whaaaat? you can't be serious

43 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes quite shocking. Pity that it's the truth.

Racial resentment: The insidious force that divides America | Berkeley

Opinion | Just how racist is the MAGA movement? This survey measures it. - The Washington Post

It has long been understood that the MAGA movement is heavily dependent on White grievance and straight-up racism. (Hence Donald Trump’s refusal to disavow racist groups and his statement that there were “very fine people on both sides” in the violent clashes at the white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville.)

Now, we have numbers to prove it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

IIRC Trump used it recently, when he referred to illegal immigrants poisoning the blood of America. I don't know what happened to give me your poor, your tired and huddled masses.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You said that money, power and influence were what made America great, I only asked you it that was all that mattered. Now, because you have no integrity and are ill-equipped to have an honest discussion, you want to pretend I claimed that I claimed that money, power and influence don't matter. That's pretty weak. 

No, "Make America Great Again" is a campaign slogan, and it is not even original to Trump. Is "Build Back Better" an ideology? Does building something back better not imply it has been demolished? And of course you'll say something like Trump demolished it, but if Trump demolished it, it's not still great, is it? 

Do you support "Build Back Better"? If so, you are supporting replacing everything with something different. Almost like a fundamental transformation, yes? 

What measure of greatness do you have in mind other than the world's largest economy, most capable military and most influence in world affairs?  I'd say those are the big three on practical measures of greatness. 

Yes, MAGA is a mindless campaign slogan.  Thanks for confirming that.

How many Biden supporters call themselves Build Back Better Americans?