British man arrested in Bangkok for buying sex from underage girls in Hua Hin

webfact

10 hours ago, carlyai said:

'Grown men should be staying well away from 18 year oldish girls. How sad.'

He was in his 30s I think. If you're a tourist, not been here long,  how can you tell a 20 odd year old girl from an under 18 year old girl?

I can.

But, still, these days...

I spend most of my time leering at the over-70 set of women here in Thailand.

Some are still pretty spry, and pretty, too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I can.

Good for you 👍 Do you ever hit on any of them? You must have accumulated a few chat up lines over the years.....

20 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I can.

Correction:  I am up for girls of 85, too!

Thai girls of 85 are more experienced.

Also, they are quite humorous, and humor is something I very much appreciate.

Once a Thai woman reaches the tender age of 85, she becomes much less demanding in bed.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Good for you 👍 Do you ever hit on any of them? You must have accumulated a few chat up lines over the years.....

I am thinking of hitting on my 85-year-old next-door neighbor, in fact.

I am even thinking about getting out my ladder, and climbing up to her second-floor window at 2AM.

I haven't done anything with my ladder since I was 18.

Those were the good old days.

15 hours ago, Woof999 said:

The OP and the site it links to only mention Brit, so he could be Scottish, English or Welsh.

I'll agree that he's unlikely to be Scottish though as the illegal sex did involve another human 😉

EDIT: Or of course Welsh for that matter.

BAAAAA !!!

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

He is right in one way, my niece just turned 20 last month and still acts like a child. Pulling faces and so on. She looks about 16 and acts like a 12-year-old.

They never mature past the age of 13 years old.

No matter how old they are in years very immature people Male & Female .

14 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I dunno how you could pinpoint the age down to 2 year intervals.

I've seen 26 year olds that could pass for 16.

My EX looked 25 when she was 35.

I saw a picture of her at 15 on her first day of work and I thought she was 9, lol. Seriously. 

But she didn't have her period til 18, apparently, so maybe she was an unusual case.

Tell it to the judge.

• Haha 2

So as I understand it, he was a customer. How many of you can tell the difference between an 22 year old or even an 18 year old vs.  a 17 year old? Do you check the ID's of the bar girls you pick up? Do you know if the ID is fake? "two women for committing the offense of “conspiracy by agreement of two or more persons to commit human trafficking” by secretly employing children under 18 years of age at a bar in Hua Hin."

I failed to read one Brit was part of the initial conspiracy.

So fast to hang someone. How much better are you than a guy that may have been hoodwinked buy a older looking 17 year old?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

I found an easy trick to find out their real age.

If you ask them: Are you 18 already? Then they will answer yes, or I am already 19 or whatever.

But if you tell them: You look like 15. Then the immediately protest: I am already 17! 

It really works. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I've never seen an underage hooker in a bar in Hua Hin, have you? Or any other tourist area in Thailand, for that matter

I'd say it's rare. 

As someone who has watched the bar scene change all over Thailand over the past 30 years, first hand, I can pretty much say without any doubt at all that finding a 17 year old in a normal tourist beer bar since about 2017 (?) is very very rare indeed and if one was found she would have tricked her way in with the help of a friends ID or a fake ID (of which there are many "legal" ones actually issued by corrupt officials for money) or by the owners wife lying to him about her as she was a friend/family member.

The vast majority of beer bar owners in Pattaya etc etc won't allow an under 20 year old to even work in the bar selling beer in 2024 let alone go bang customers. They know if they get caught pimping her out the police will most likely take over the bar if they can't pay the enormous bribe and they will quite possibly still go to jail. 

For anyone who saw the thread about the German guy who was accused of taking an underage girl from Cobra bar in Pattaya then finding a way to flee Thailand (!)  I seem to remember reading some posts that said the girl was 14. Made no sense to me at all as NO bar owner would be that stupid nowadays so I asked a policeman I know in Pattaya. He was involved in the case and confirmed she was in her 18th year. Ok, 17 but not far off 18 so though illegal hardly warrants stringing the guy up by his balls from the nearest lamppost as some on here would like. He may even have thought she was over 18 for all I know as after a dozen Beer Changs any ID card checking can be a bit cursory and even if sober the girls own mother probably wouldn't recognise the photo on 50% of them.

Simon

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, PeterA said:

So as I understand it, he was a customer. How many of you can tell the difference between an 22 year old or even an 18 year old vs.  a 17 year old? Do you check the ID's of the bar girls you pick up? Do you know if the ID is fake? "two women for committing the offense of “conspiracy by agreement of two or more persons to commit human trafficking” by secretly employing children under 18 years of age at a bar in Hua Hin."

So fast to hang someone. How much better are you than a guy that may have been hoodwinked buy a older looking 17 year old?

I have been in this forum for over 20 years, and for over 20 years i have read countless articles of the same nature, a foreigner

got caught buying sex from an under age girls, so the adage of Ecclesiastical 1:9: 

What has been will be again,  what has been done will be done again,  there is nothing new under the sun" ring very true here..

8 hours ago, NextG said:

I certainly do not feel harmed by my experience. 

And you've ended up in Thailand rather than, say, Singapore or Monaco or Portugal or Argentina. 

Thailand is for losers. You have indeed been harmed by your experiences. 

You have my sympathies. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I found an easy trick to find out their real age.

If you ask them: Are you 18 already? Then they will answer yes, or I am already 19 or whatever.

But if you tell them: You look like 15. Then the immediately protest: I am already 17! 

It really works. 

Still hanging around with kiddies then😀

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Excuse making.

17 hours ago, carlyai said:

'Grown men should be staying well away from 18 year oldish girls. How sad.'

He was in his 30s I think. If you're a tourist, not been here long,  how can you tell a 20 odd year old girl from an under 18 year old girl?

It's a strange idea, I know, and would involve men not thinking with their dicks for once ( so it may not be possible) but ..one easy way to find out is to use Google Translate and ask " How old are you?". 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Simon1287 said:

As someone who has watched the bar scene change all over Thailand over the past 30 years, first hand, I can pretty much say without any doubt at all that finding a 17 year old in a normal tourist beer bar since about 2017 (?) is very very rare indeed and if one was found she would have tricked her way in with the help of a friends ID or a fake ID (of which there are many "legal" ones actually issued by corrupt officials for money) or by the owners wife lying to him about her as she was a friend/family member.

The vast majority of beer bar owners in Pattaya etc etc won't allow an under 20 year old to even work in the bar selling beer in 2024 let alone go bang customers. They know if they get caught pimping her out the police will most likely take over the bar if they can't pay the enormous bribe and they will quite possibly still go to jail. 

For anyone who saw the thread about the German guy who was accused of taking an underage girl from Cobra bar in Pattaya then finding a way to flee Thailand (!)  I seem to remember reading some posts that said the girl was 14. Made no sense to me at all as NO bar owner would be that stupid nowadays so I asked a policeman I know in Pattaya. He was involved in the case and confirmed she was in her 18th year. Ok, 17 but not far off 18 so though illegal hardly warrants stringing the guy up by his balls from the nearest lamppost as some on here would like. He may even have thought she was over 18 for all I know as after a dozen Beer Changs any ID card checking can be a bit cursory and even if sober the girls own mother probably wouldn't recognise the photo on 50% of them.

Simon

So the policeman told you the bar was employing a minor, although older than in the documentary. So why was the owner of the bar, not the manager, not arrested and prosecuted for pimping an underaged minor? Better not hame the group who own the bar, did that before and it disappeared.

• Confused 1