Flight fright: Panic-stricken passenger causes turbulence at Chiang Mai Airport

webfact

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I have a suspicion that overindulgence in some form of mind-altering substance before the flight might have had something to do with this.

Yeah, such as?

Alcohol would never lead to anything like this, right?

grow up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just another Thaiger 'journalist' trying to use words he doesn't understand. Get used to it.

And WHY the "journos" of Thailand never ever print follow up stories of these incidents were resolution between the cops, airline, CAAT, and any judicial action possibly taken by the courts?

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/crazed-thai-smile-passenger-rips-planes-emergency-exit-door-open-before-takeoff

TPress.jpg..webp

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0815 said:

Hope he has to wait for paying the bill. How did this moron come here before ?

Severe claustrophobia is a known psychiatric illness ....but your question on how he did fly to Thailand is correct

35 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

And WHY the "journos" of Thailand never ever print follow up stories of these incidents were resolution between the cops, airline, CAAT, and any judicial action possibly taken by the courts?

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/crazed-thai-smile-passenger-rips-planes-emergency-exit-door-open-before-takeoff

TPress.jpg..webp

That means phoning someone and asking questions, such as yesterday when someone wrote a report about police taking no action for nine months in a case involving a child rape. Did that reporter phone them and ask why? Of course not. It's something people in Thailand are told not to do from a very young age. Hardly great training for a journalist.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

TPress.jpg..webp

With this happening a bit too often, I rather think they should have a hefty steward standing next to the doors who would be able to hold off an attack such as this. 
I myself had an awful experience on a Lufthansa flight about 12 yrs back when a drunk nasty character created havoc after take off ! After 10 minutes of terror he was handcuffed to the back of his seat and his seat neighbor and myself were moved to the pilots rest area due to a very full flight. Needless to say he was arrested on arrival . Frightening . 

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

With this happening a bit too often, I rather think they should have a hefty steward standing next to the doors who would be able to hold off an attack such as this. 
I myself had an awful experience on a Lufthansa flight about 12 yrs back when a drunk nasty character created havoc after take off ! After 10 minutes of terror he was handcuffed to the back of his seat and his seat neighbor and myself were moved to the pilots rest area due to a very full flight. Needless to say he was arrested on arrival . Frightening . 

Come fly in the US then usually see a "Stewardess" of minimum 12 stone in the jumpseat but they can't help block the emerg exit rows on narrow body aircraft.

I assume a panic attack is something serious and hard to control by the victim. Some sympathy for him is due. Unless it wasn't a panic attack and he just decided not to wait.

"The flight successfully operated to Suvarnabhumi Airport at 12.34am, today, February 8." 

Plus two international flights diverted, that's quite a mouthful. 

It appears that THAI have no procedure to deal with this type of situation (and no air marshal on board)? Makes you wonder if this couldn't have been dealt with better and faster.

If it was a genuine panic attack, the calls for strong punishment aren't going to change anything about the situation or even his future behavior. He should seek treatment at home.

I don't know the full circumstances relating to this story, but I too suffered a panic attack as the doors closed on a 737 flight from Manchester to Paris [I suffer from chronic severe claustrophobia]. I asked to see the pilot and explained the situation, I had no checked in luggage, and he allowed me to deplane to avoid any problem inflight. No problem for the flight, but it caused a massive issue trying to get out of the airport, the reverse way...apparently Manchester airport had no SOP to deal with this sort of issue . So a genuine panic attack can happen.

For all those showing sympathy for this guy, I wonder how you would feel if it was just a couple minutes later, and the plane was in the air and he managed to get the door open?

Oh, I know, you would feel nothing, because you, and everybody else on board would be dead.

• Thumbs Up 1