Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

If that's what you think then create a topic for it, this is not the one

Sorry that I write something important in this thread that you don't like to see.

Maybe join a pro-Israel group somewhere on fb where only pro-Israel comments are allowed. You will feel so much better over there in a bubble. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I still wait that you condemn even one time the actions of Israel.

As long as you don't do this I assume you are ignorant or paid for your comments.

There is no point arguing with a PR agency.

I still wait for you to actually read comments instead of making up stuff.

Also, as far as my memory goes, alleging posters are paid to post is not an accepted thing on this forum.

Of course, things might have changed, or some posters may be exempt from censure for making such allegations.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's the root cause and therefore the center topic. 

This.

Until Israel wants peace, agrees to a two state solution, and leaves the occupied territories, it is pointless to try and blame it all on Hamas. This started way before Hamas was even created. Israel must follow international law. Until it does so, it has no moral high ground. It is a law breaking state and should be treated as such.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sorry that I write something important in this thread that you don't like to see.

Maybe join a pro-Israel group somewhere on fb where only pro-Israel comments are allowed. You will feel so much better over there in a bubble. 

If you want to write a history lesson then go ahead, the create topic button is at the top of the page

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Israel occupies and suppresses people since decades. Now why is it that those people rise up again the suppressor? 

What would you do when someone would take your home and land away from you and then tell you to go away?

I dunno....

Would you go out and butcher civilians, many of the pro-peace types? Rape their women? Kidnap their children and elderly?

Or better yet, start this while knowing the response to come, and see you own people killed left and right....

Way to go.

13 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Matthew 7:3-5

If Israel wants peace, it needs to follow international law. Sadly, Israel does not want peace. It wants control of all of the land, from the river to the sea.

@Brickleberry

Hamas is not interested in peace.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's the root cause and therefore the center topic. 

You people can't address topics on hand.

For you lot, every topic is reason to start and rehash the whole conflict.

And that, from a one-sided point of view.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe stop hijacking topics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

This.

Until Israel wants peace, agrees to a two state solution, and leaves the occupied territories, it is pointless to try and blame it all on Hamas. This started way before Hamas was even created. Israel must follow international law. Until it does so, it has no moral high ground. It is a law breaking state and should be treated as such.

How is that related to:

"Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns"

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

This.

@Brickleberry

Israel Bad, Gotcha. Not on topic. Check.

Israel going out of the West Bank. Under current conditions. Any chances Hamas not leveraging this? No 7/10 like attacks on the horizon? I get it you don't want to blame Hamas for anything. You also deny a whole lot of what they did. For you, the Palestinian side doesn't need to show any responsibility for anything. Almost like you believed there's only one side involved here.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

Hamas is not interested in peace.

Well now who's making things up? You.

Hamas literally said they would agree to a permanent ceasefire in 2018 - if Israel followed its duties under international law and withdrew from the occupied territories. Is this not peace?

Hamas have been engaging in ceasefire talks - Israel has not

Israel has rejected outright a two state solution.

Israel has been building settlements in Palestinian lands for decades.

Israel has occupied Palestinian territories for almost 6 decades.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that Israel wants peace?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How is that related to:

"Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns"

International law concerns - I am talking about international law concerns. I hope that's clear enough for you.

• Sad 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

Hamas literally said they would agree to a permanent ceasefire in 2018 - if Israel followed its duties under international law and withdrew from the occupied territories. Is this not peace?

@Brickleberry

More misleading nonsense from you.

A ceasefire is not a peace agreement. And on top of that, Arabic allows for many distinctions of what is actually meant. The terminology matters.

Nowhere did Hamas accept a two state solution. Or Israel's right to exist.  Or even officially recognize Israel.

You're pushing Hamas talking points.

As for the rest:

Israel did participate in talks regarding a ceasefire, hostage exchange and so on - that's on record, why  lie?

Israeli Prime Ministers negotiated with PA leaders regarding a two-state solution, why lie?

The occupation is a result of Palestinian rejecntionism, which you refuse to acknowledge.

The illegal settlements need to go. That's about the only coherent or correct point you made.

I did not suggest Israel wants peace. I pointed out Hamas is not interested in one.

Takes two to tango.

And you are not 'us'.

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

International law concerns - I am talking about international law concerns. I hope that's clear enough for you.

No your not, your talking history from years ago and solutions for 2 states. Off topic hijacking

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

@Brickleberry

Very weak.

Go on talk about video games, the word video appears therein as well.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Oh that's a good one. Provide a credible link to that nonsense then we'll get to the rest. Were videos taken of this by the IDF?

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

As for the rest:

Israel did participate in talks regarding a ceasefire, hostage exchange and so on - that's on record, why  lie?

Israeli Prime Ministers negotiated with PA leaders regarding a two-state solution, why lie?

The occupation is a result of Palestinian rejecntionism, which you refuse to acknowledge.

The illegal settlements need to go. That's about the only coherent or correct point you made.

I did not suggest Israel wants peace. I pointed out Hamas is not interested in one.

Takes two to tango.

And you are not 'us'.

What a joke. Imagine this:

I promise you peace after invading your land (1967) and building settlements.

We agree to a ceasefire.

You keep on building more and more settlements, expanding your territory in my lands and building roads and checkpoints to connect my land to your land.

We kick off and fight back.

We agree to another ceasefire.

You keep on building more and more settlements, still keep invading my lands and snatching my people from their beds at night.

We fight, then we agree to another ceasefire

You keep on building more and more .... do you see where I am going this?

Follow the law. Live up to the ceasefire agreements. You might then see some peace.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

What a joke. Imagine this:

I promise you peace after invading your land (1967) and building settlements.

We agree to a ceasefire.

You keep on building more and more settlements, expanding your territory in my lands and building roads and checkpoints to connect my land to your land.

We kick off and fight back.

We agree to another ceasefire.

You keep on building more and more settlements, still keep invading my lands and snatching my people from their beds at night.

We fight, then we agree to another ceasefire

You keep on building more and more .... do you see where I am going this?

Follow the law. Live up to the ceasefire agreements. You might then see some peace.

@Brickleberry

As usual with you, chopped off the part of my post you can't or won't handle. Very 'grown up', very 'honest' of you. Just the way you roll.

The rest is just your simplified nonsense. It's not even much to do with facts.

You're making stuff up all over the place, and going off topic while at it.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Morch said:

It's not about 'going on'. It's about quantity and quality. Your sort do the one-liner Hamas Bad thing to get it out of the way, then a whole post about how Israel is the worst thing ever, or 'the same' (but pouring more words into it). Similarly, the rhetoric used is often different. More heated when it comes to criticism of Israel, more subdued when it relates to Hamas. So no, not buying into it much.

Most do not argue that the death toll isn't high. Or that a whole lot of the casualties are innocents.

But then again - what do you think Israel should have done differently? How was Israel to address things after the 7/10 attack?

And also, where is Hamas's responsibility in this? These people are their people, under their rule - not accountability demanded?

Creating another Hamas? Like the original Hamas was about to disappear or something? This isn't about winning hearts and minds.

At least your second paragraph opens with an acknowledgement that the death toll is high and many innocents have died.

You're making progress.

Here is an alternative to the invasion, and by the way, if you don't win the hearts and minds there will never be peace. 

"An alternative to invading Gaza | Jewish Voice for Labour" https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/an-alternative-to-invading-gaza/

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, Brickleberry said:

Even Biden said yesterday that Israel has 'gone over the top

And you believe him? The guy doesn't know where he is from one minute to the next.     smiley-laughing.gif

@aroberts_andrew Lord Roberts of Belgravia importantly stresses that the 2:1 civilian to combatant casualty ratio in an urban conflict such as in Gaza is a difficult accomplishment for any army, and commends the IDF the efforts it takes to limit civilian casualty.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And you believe him? The guy doesn't know where he is from one minute to the next.     smiley-laughing.gif

Sadly this is true. This must be why he said he had seen beheaded dead babies when he categorically did not.

I fear what will happen should Trump get back in, and I seriously worry about the state of the union if Biden remains in charge. We need a new candidate... maybe Gavin Newsome getting elected on the floor of the conference?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I still wait for you to actually read comments instead of making up stuff.

Also, as far as my memory goes, alleging posters are paid to post is not an accepted thing on this forum.

Of course, things might have changed, or some posters may be exempt from censure for making such allegations.

Maybe you work for free for a PR agency. At least that is what your comments look like.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you work for free for a PR agency. At least that is what your comments look like.  

He's made quite a few critical comments but its not up to him to prove it to you. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He's made quite a few critical comments but its not up to him to prove it to you. 

Ok, agree.

But if someone writes (probably hundreds of) posts criticizing people who criticize Israel, but in not even one of those posts he acknowledges that there are a lot of valid reasons why people do that, then it seems he is very one sided and doesn't want to accept that not only one side is responsible for the fights and the killings.

Personally I see that there are people who make the situation worse on both sides. The big difference is that Israel has a lot more weapons and the support from the USA. Israel kills a lot more innocent people than Hamas. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, Morch said:

Dear me, what inhumanity. Binding prisoners, blindfolding them. The horror.

Then, one recalls how the hostages taken by Hamas (and ordinary Gazans) were received upon arrival to Gaza, and goes pffft.

@Morch 

Thats a bingo ! Millions of dead victims of past inhumane , barbaric,heinous assaults on the Zionist , Jews and Israeli  salute you and others who are defenseless to speak !

Never Never Forget!

imop

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

At least your second paragraph opens with an acknowledgement that the death toll is high and many innocents have died.

You're making progress.

Here is an alternative to the invasion, and by the way, if you don't win the hearts and minds there will never be peace. 

"An alternative to invading Gaza | Jewish Voice for Labour" https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/an-alternative-to-invading-gaza/

Really? 'At least' how? Have I ever denied the death toll being high? That innocents are being killed? Have I ever reveled in these deaths? Nope. Just another made up dig.

As for the fantasy tale you linked (obviously unable or unwilling to present your own views) - pffft. It's not an alternative. It's what happens, maybe, the day after.

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you're a troll who tosses wild allegations at other posters, when you can't address their words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, agree.

But if someone writes (probably hundreds of) posts criticizing people who criticize Israel, but in not even one of those posts he acknowledges that there are a lot of valid reasons why people do that, then it seems he is very one sided and doesn't want to accept that not only one side is responsible for the fights and the killings.

Personally I see that there are people who make the situation worse on both sides. The big difference is that Israel has a lot more weapons and the support from the USA. Israel kills a lot more innocent people than Hamas. 

Maybe stop making up stuff about what I post? Or not post?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

@Morch 

Thats a bingo ! Millions of dead victims of past inhumane , barbaric,heinous assaults on the Zionist , Jews and Israeli  salute you and others who are defenseless to speak !

Never Never Forget!

imop

I've no idea what you're on about. But that's not unusual with your posts.

• Thumbs Up 1