Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills

Social Media

7 hours ago, thaicurious said:

https://scri.siena.edu/us-presidents-study/about-the-presidents-study/

The study calls upon historians, political scientists and presidential scholars to rate the presidents in twenty areas:

Background

Imagination

Integrity

Intelligence

Luck

Willing to take risks

Avoid crucial mistakes

Court appointments

Domestic Accomplishments

Executive Appointments

Foreign Policy accomplishments

Handling of U.S. Economy

Party leadership

Relationship with Congress

Ability to compromise

Communication ability

Executive ability

Leadership ability

Overall ability

So they survey historians, political scientists and presidential scholars. And your qualifications are???

see also https://www.usnews.com/news/special-reports/the-worst-presidents/slideshows/the-10-worst-presidents?slide=10

The 10 Worst U.S. Presidents

Not all U.S. presidents are missed once they leave the White House.

2 (tie). Donald Trump

Born: June 14, 1946

Presidential Term: Jan. 20, 2017 - Jan 20, 2021

Vice President: Mike Pence

The only living president among the 10 worst presidents in history, Trump is also the only president to be impeached twice. Despite the swirling legal troubles around him – including criminal charges surrounding his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results – Trump is running again in the 2024 presidential election... (bolding mine)

You are still going on about the 2 politically inspired impeachments that came to naught? Don't you have anything more recent to complain about?

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, peter zwart said:

America, once a fantastic country. Now sunk to the laughingstock of the world with so-called leaders like Biden and Trump. And even worse, the average American who chooses one of the two camps and then ends up at each other's throats. They should form a unity and demand leaders who restore some dignity to the country.

Do you have any (realistic) suggestions as to how this might be achieved? Promoted?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You left out the part of the NATO agreement that states that if you do not pay your dues you are not a full fledged member... that is what this is about.

As far as I understand there are dues, which go into a NATO fund, and then there's the annual budget expenditure. Two different issues. If I get it right, the problems are more to do with the latter, than the former.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, LosLobo said:

You overlooked the part where that the Act was expressly written to stop Trump from withdrawing from NATO.

Despite these measures, this act might not be enough to prevent a potential withdrawal.

Obviously, Congress had evidence that Trump 'seriously means to cancel US membership of NATO' otherwise they would not have passed the law.

Like Trump, you say too much based on opinion instead of fact.

Congress acted to protect NATO. But it might not be enough to stop Trump (msn.com)

I didn't overlook anything. Go away.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As far as I understand there are dues, which go into a NATO fund, and then there's the annual budget expenditure. Two different issues. If I get it right, the problems are more to do with the latter, than the former.

That is correct and that is the serious money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Good one.  These people who parrot Trump's remarks come across as incredibly ignorant.  Trump is often wrong or just flatout lying.  Can't these people think for themselves?

The ignorance here is shown up in that curious comment you just replied to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

Nato allies agreed in 2014, after Russia annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula, to halt the spending cuts they had made after the Cold War and move towards spending 2 per cent of their GDP on defence by 2024. The spending target is not a requirement for Nato members.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/donald-trump-sowing-doubts-about-us-commitment-to-nato-is-shocking-says-joe-biden

So in your small mind it is ok for nations to suck at the tit of other nations... good going

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, FroeyD said:

the fact that cities such as San Francisco that were amongst the most amazing and attractive cities to live in have become literal <deleted> holes where people shoot up hard drugs and defecate in public for everyone to see is not embarrassing.

is it not embarrassing for the most powerful nation on earth to have actual  slums as is the case in LA and other major cities such as New Jersey, Chicago, Huston.

you think pushing gender fluidity on to the public and sexualizing children from as young as 3 years old with school activities such as “Drag queen story hour” (just to give one example) is normal? 

I bet you think it is normal  to threaten foreign nations such as in Africa in to accepting lgbtq ideology or risk being punished with economic sanctions is normal coming from a supposed democracy

ahhh,….i see, so you’re one of those kinds of people

Yee-- ha, break out the moonshine Marylou!!

Don't really see what your post has got to do with the topic, however I'm sure that you are pleased to have got that rant out of your system, however please don't enlighten others as to exactly what you were trying to say/achieve, because I don't think anyone would be interested in any more of your ramblings! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and those members would be? Without a quote from one or more you are just making it up.

Why don't you look at the post I was responding to and the post he was responding to.  Should be obvious.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

All the kissing-up to Putin and he delivered a blunt reality who he prefer as President. Replied without hesistation that he preferred Biden for his experience, predictability and being a politicianof the old school. Ouch. Waiting for the petulant toddler to respond.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/putin-says-he-prefers-more-predictable-biden-over-trump-4124611

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1