Thaksin freed on parole and returns to Ban Chan Song La residence

webfact

4 hours ago, ignore it said:

Although held for months incommunicado, no press visits, no politicians coming to call or inspect, Taksin leaves his prison with a decent haircut and not a single grey hair. 

Funny ain't it?

You think that patients in hospitals do not have access to barbers/hairdressers?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
4 hours ago, RobU said:

Yep he got free medical care, just like any other prisoner

That is ridiculous,  , He was in the luxury wing of a police  hospital....Kevin Smitham, Mathew Winder as examples, did not get treated so well, 

He wasn't in "the luxury wing" he was just in a private room.  How was Smitham "not treated so well by the hospital" to which he was taken?

Winder was not in hospital (and did not need to be in hospital) immediately prior to his death in a police cell.

On 2/18/2024 at 11:48 AM, bamnutsak said:

Looks like he was in a car accident and is heading to court.

The arm sling and neck brace are curious accouterments for someone who was/is so deathly ill.

A wheelchair collision in the luxury ward of the hospital might account for this.

Or they regularly snuck him out at night to get some rest at one of his hotel properties, and there was an accident on the way.

Obviously, Mr T wouldn't fake anything. He has always been the real deal.

Now it's time to make the land of the free his (sorry, meant great) again. 

Very soon he might be able to work hand in hand with another political wizard, his orangeness. 

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Followed by 1 minute playing with his grand children.

It might take a little bit longer than that for the cameramen to get a few good pics....

• Haha 1

All this daily free attention on Thaksin is free political exposure that can't be bought. In fact if it was, it would probsbly be illegal. By his presence now in Thailand he has become a majority of one. 

On 2/18/2024 at 7:10 AM, MarcelV said:

Great news! My wife and her entire village are celebrating. Everywhere are red flags and flags with the image of Mr. Thaksin. Everyone is wearing red today to express their happiness.

Here in Issan people know when it's time for a party. 🙂

My wife is praying for Mr. Thaksin to replace the current PM asap and give back more to the lovely Issan folk.

☺️

Hm,...Issan people are known to be the poorest in Thailand,...and the least educated as well.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ross163103 said:

He needed to get back to his house to start stuffing more of those brown envelopes! Probably not that easy to do in the hospital with all the staff around!

Nobody could see him, and the staff was carefully selected !

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thank you Dr ikke1959 for your valuable expert opinion.

I do love reading the "expert" opinions of the so called doctors on this forum, especially those who know everything about a persons medical symptoms, when they have never even met that person or even seen the persons medical record.

You obviously realise that there are arteries leading from the heart to the head.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+a+blockage+to+the+blood+vessels+to+the+head+called&sca_esv=0da03635f65f96aa&sxsrf=ACQVn08fgC8NCgxE3pd-hQq2AqqFt-VTOQ%3A1708319440744&source=hp&ei=0OLSZYeqK47dseMP7JaUkAc&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZdLw4DV487jld0JC7BQM82dIjzr61_pc&ved=0ahUKEwiH0rTr0baEAxWObmwGHWwLBXIQ4dUDCBw&oq=what+is+a+blockage+to+the+blood+vessels+to+the+head+called&gs_lp=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&sclient=gws-wiz

From the Mayo clinic.

Carotid artery disease occurs when fatty deposits, called plaques, clog the blood vessels that deliver blood to the brain and head (carotid arteries). The clog increases the risk of stroke. Stroke is a medical emergency that occurs when the brain loses all or much of its blood supply.

During a stroke, the brain doesn't get oxygen and brain cells begin to die within minutes. Stroke is a leading cause of death and disability in the U.S.

Carotid artery disease often develops slowly. The first sign of the condition might be a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA). A TIA is a temporary shortage of blood flow to the brain.

Treatment of carotid artery disease usually involves lifestyle changes, medicines and sometimes surgery.

Symptoms   

In its early stages, carotid artery disease often doesn't have symptoms. The condition might not be obvious until it's serious enough to deprive the brain of blood, causing a stroke or TIA.

Symptoms of a stroke or TIA include:

Sudden numbness or weakness in the face or limbs, often on one side of the body.
Sudden trouble speaking and understanding speech.
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
Sudden dizziness or loss of balance.
Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

But of course, you knew that anyway didn't you?

I have  a paramedical background, and I am a certified laser therapist and I know what I am talking about.. Sorry for you who have to find things on the internet 

Edited by ikke1959
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I have  a paramedical background, and I am a certified laser therapist and I know what I am talking about.. Sorry for you who have to find things on the internet 

Until something like that happens to you, you have no idea what or when something will happen. There is usually NO warning.

You maybe anywhere between your 20s and your 70s, 80s, and your 90s. You may be as fit as a fiddle or obese, you may smoke, drink or take drugs or not. You can exercise or not, but mostly there is NO warning.

I found out the hard way after 2 stents were fitted in 2006 and after 2 blackouts last year. The hospital doctor told me, and I believe him, that if I didn't change my life style the next blackout will most probably be my last.

I tend to speak from experience on medical matters.

Before I had the stents were put in during 2006, I had trouble breathing and climbing stairs and, although I didn't know it I had high BP. The stents fixed that for a few years.

I January 2023, my wife was in the village 6 km away and I was sitting up by the kitchen. The next thing I knew was that I was in hospital 65 km away. I had no idea of the time, day, date, week, month or year. The only thing I knew was that I was in a hospital, I had only a vague idea where and I had no idea if my wife knew what happened or even if she knew where I was. I have completely lost 4 or 5 hours.

I spent 3 days and nights there before I was released.

The second time in July last year was sitting watching YouTube on my pc and woke up tp find my neighbour using a hand fan on me and my wife beating me to make me wake up. The ambulance arrived to take me to the local hospital where I was quickly checked out and sent on to the provincial hospital where I stayed for 2 nights and 3 days.

When I came out I was on bed rest for a week or 2 where from getting off my bed and going for a shower, coming back, putting on clean clothes and getting back onto the bed took me almost an hour. Now it is down to 10 minutes. THAT is when I started exercising and changing my life style.

After I was released the second time I took up breathing exercises and exercises for the elderly form the UK NHS via the internet. I now eat less, move around between sitting, standing and walking and I do 1 hours NHS exercises most evenings, as well as catching up on all the little jobs around the house etc that I put off over the years. I feel better, I can breathe more easily, I can walk on level ground OK, but on uneven ground, a lt ot of steps or especially going down a slope I use my walking stick.

Both time I blacked out I had NO warning. It just happened, so I speak with some experience. Both times before I blacked out I looked and felt perfectly normal, pretty much as Thaksin does, though he is only 74 now and I was 78 at the first time and 79 at the second time.

Just now, billd766 said:

Until something like that happens to you, you have no idea what or when something will happen. There is usually NO warning.

You maybe anywhere between your 20s and your 70s, 80s, and your 90s. You may be as fit as a fiddle or obese, you may smoke, drink or take drugs or not. You can exercise or not, but mostly there is NO warning.

I found out the hard way after 2 stents were fitted in 2006 and after 2 blackouts last year. The hospital doctor told me, and I believe him, that if I didn't change my life style the next blackout will most probably be my last.

Before I had the stents were put in during 2006, I had trouble breathing and climbing stairs and, although I didn't know it I had high BP. The stents fixed that for a few years.

I January 2023, my wife was in the village 6 km away and I was sitting up by the kitchen. The next thing I knew was that I was in hospital 65 km away. I had no idea of the time, day, date, week, month or year. The only thing I knew was that I was in a hospital, I had only a vague idea where and I had no idea if my wife knew what happened or even if she knew where I was. I have completely lost 4 or 5 hours.

The second time in July last year was sitting watching YouTube on my pc and woke up tp find my neighbour using a hand fan on me and my wife beating me to make me wake up. The ambulance arrived to take me to the local hospital where I was quickly checked out and sent on to the provincial hospital where I stayed for 2 nights and 3 days.

When I came out I was on bed rest for a week or 2 where from getting off my bed and going for a shower, coming back, putting on clean clothes and getting back onto the bed took me almost an hour. Now it is down to 10 minutes. THAT is when I started exercising and changing my life style.

After I was released the second time I took up breathing exercises and exercises for the elderly form the UK NHS via the internet. I now eat less, move around between sitting, standing and walking and I do 1 hours NHS exercises most evenings, as well as catching up on all the little jobs around the house etc that I put off over the years. I feel better, I can breathe more easily, I can walk on level ground OK, but on uneven ground, a lt ot of steps or especially going down a slope I use my walking stick.

Both time I blacked out I had NO warning. It just happened, so I speak with some experience. Both times before I blacked out I looked and felt perfectly normal, pretty much as Thaksin does, though he is only 74 now and I was 78 at the first time and 79 at the second time.

That I why I commented on the posters. I have lost a few good friends over the years with heart problems.

One friend in his 50s sat in an armchair after lunch and simply never woke up. Another friend at 82 went to sleep one night and never woke up, Another friend had been in the ICU for a few days, moved to another hospital and died in the ICU there.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Sad to hear this story, but Thaksin is another one... This is a set up and not real everybody knows that. In your case you had already some signs , but did not recognize them. But Thaksin only got problems when he went to jail. He could party in Cambodia,in Hongkong and Singapore and nobody of his family ever said that there was a small problem, or even he was tired.. I have high bloodpressure too and heart attacks are common in my family, but I am not 6 months in a hospital for that

Edited by ikke1959

On 2/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, billd766 said:

It doesn't matter to the Thai people what you, I or any other farangs think or say. It is up to the Thai people what to do about it.

The truth of the matter is that a 'duplicitous, greedy and corrupt' bunch takes over every time the people try to do something about the total lack of democracy, accountability and the edemic corruption that permeates every walk of Thai society.   No party that threatens the 'establishment' (read: corrupt, selfish, dictatorial barstewards) will ever be allowed to be in power.  Any credible opposition is denied the right to form a government, even if they win an election, by a branch of government put in place precisely for that purpose.

The 'Thaksin Pantomime' that's been going on since he arrived back in the country is simply another meal of rubbish the Thai people have had to eat.  The establishment in fact, insult the intelligence of the Thai people by carrying out this charade. What's worse is they know it does and don't give a damn.  I've seen more credible plays written by children.

Those who oppose the 'establishment' are regularly locked up or charged with some spurious yet serious offence and effectively, knocked out of the running.  Others have simply disappeared. Its no surprise that Prayuth was cosying up to Putin not so long ago - he was learning from him.

So maybe you can advise the Thai people what they can do about the current situation in Thailand? Hold an election and get a truly decent person into power?  I seem to remember they tried that a few months back, maybe you can help them - any ideas?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

The truth of the matter is that a 'duplicitous, greedy and corrupt' bunch takes over every time the people try to do something about the total lack of democracy, accountability and the edemic corruption that permeates every walk of Thai society.   No party that threatens the 'establishment' (read: corrupt, selfish, dictatorial barstewards) will ever be allowed to be in power.  Any credible opposition is denied the right to form a government, even if they win an election, by a branch of government put in place precisely for that purpose.

The 'Thaksin Pantomime' that's been going on since he arrived back in the country is simply another meal of rubbish the Thai people have had to eat.  The establishment in fact, insult the intelligence of the Thai people by carrying out this charade. What's worse is they know it does and don't give a damn.  I've seen more credible plays written by children.

Those who oppose the 'establishment' are regularly locked up or charged with some spurious yet serious offence and effectively, knocked out of the running.  Others have simply disappeared. Its no surprise that Prayuth was cosying up to Putin not so long ago - he was learning from him.

So maybe you can advise the Thai people what they can do about the current situation in Thailand? Hold an election and get a truly decent person into power?  I seem to remember they tried that a few months back, maybe you can help them - any ideas?

My advice to the Thai people would be to start their own coup against the military..

The drawbacks would be IF the military would actually shoot their own country people, II am sure that a lot of them would), but I am fairly sure that many of them would not. Having said that there would be a lot of people killed and a lot more injured, IF it would happen.

The problem for the military would come from outside of Thailand from the West, the EU, UK and the USA.

ASEAN would do what it normally does, talk a lot but do nothing.

The problem would be find capable leaders who could run such a coup, and who would be willing to stand up and fight and if necessary to die on behalf of the Thai people. There would need to be at least a million people and probably more to simply blockade the army in their barracks and take over the country.

There are also a lot of army units who are designated as the "King's Guards" and though they are part of the regular army AFAIK their loyalty is to the King first before the regular army. Whilst Thailand has a large military many of them are conscripts and nobody really knows what they would do in the event of a civilian coup, AFAIK there has never been one before.

What will happen will not happen before the next election but if after that election the results are overturned as they were before, during and after the last election, I have no idea.

IMHO there are too many variables that depend on this to happen, so that that can happen and then something else may or may not happen.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

My advice to the Thai people would be to start their own coup against the military.

That's never going to happen - there is no appetite for it because Thai people know that any serious unrest will be put down immediately.  I expected major protests or even riots after Move Forward were not allowed to form a government despite spectacular results in the last election - it didn't happen.

I've spoken to a few Thai's about that and they appear to be resigned to the fact that they are powerless and that the powers that be will always control the country.  I was also interested to learn that they, like some Westerners, believe that the real power lies within the elite families who tolerate the various parties that they allow to form governments, provided their wealth is protected.

Many years ago I was told, by a well informed Thai academic that the country was controlled by these 'elite families' who exercised overall power via the military.  The people were allowed to think they have democracy and the various political parties shuffled around 'the trough', swapping' perceived power' from time to time via so called  'democratic elections'.  However if those parties got any designs on real power or anything else became a serious threat to the elite, the military were instructed to put a stop to it and that usually resulted in a coup.  And that is exactly what has happened - 14 coups in total since 1932.

The only difference with the most recent coup and subsequent 'return to democracy' was that the military came up with a plan to ensure thay could retain power without actually appearing to do so - the new constitution.  The military can now choose who runs the country via The Senate and were therefore able to state 'No More Coups' - we will see.

The nearest that Thailand came to serious public unrest in recent years was The Red Shirt riots and they were put down when they became a serious threat.  Many of the ringleaders of the Red Shirt movement have been locked up and some have 'disappeared'. The more recent student protests looked like they were gaining momentum and support from the population in general - then the students made a fatal mistake: They added reform of the royalty to their demands and the growing 'popular support' melted away. Move Forward tried that too.

To mount a serious coup against a well armed military would require huge amounts of finance, I doubt that anyone with that sort of cash would be prepared to provide that finance because they are probably already feeding at the trough.

Thaksin obviously did some sort of deal to be able to return to Thailand - Thai people are aware of that and don't believe that he was ever destined to actually be imprisoned.  They don't believe the 'seriously ill' fiasco either and are not in the slightest bit surprised that he has gone from 'needing to be hospitalised' to straight home when his parole date came around but what can they do?

Protest: That would achieve nothing.

Riot: That would be put down immediately

Stage a Coup: They wiould lose and thousands would be killed, the people cannot finance a coup. The only thing that a 'Citizens Coup' is likely to achieve is that the military would step in and take control once again. Thai people have had enough of that.

Many people forecast that major unrest would ensue when the previous monarch died - arguing that he was the gel that held the country together and the military's grip would be broken. It never happened.

I'd love to see serious change in Thailand and a real democracy rather than the sham that currently exists but all I see is resignation.

Edited by MangoKorat

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The two who sounded their horn at and tried to disrupt the Princess's motorcade have not been locked up for years.

Sorry It was the Rubber duck guy who got 2 years. Same double standards of Thailand  

Screenshot_2024-02-20-05-45-41-437_com.android.chrome.jpg

Care to give an example, with evidence, of other prisoners' dying as a result of being denied medical care?

Alexei Navalny.

Those stats are hard to find, but I named two in another post. As to evidence, what am I your policeman? You think I have access to such and it is out there in the public domain?  Death is the evidence! Care to give evidence they died because they were in the luxury wing of a police hospital receiving excellent medical care?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, RobU said:

Yep it's the usual comments trotted out by amateur medical 'experts' 

"He doesn't look ill to me, therefore he is not ill"

Well enough to be discharged, suddenly, on the same date as paroled! Are you a member of the group who say 'oh he is wearing a neck brace, so  must be gravely ill, let him out of hospital?' Too many duck down pillows at night perhaps?

• Haha 1

Winder was not in hospital (and did not need to be in hospital) immediately prior to his death in a police cell.

Oh so  now you are combined doctor, lawyer and apologist for the system?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, newnative said:

Neck brace???  Pathetic!   Look!  I'm sick!  Look at the neck brace I'm wearing!!!   Boggles the mind that they think the public is that gullible.   

Delivered in 2 days by Lazada! A drip into his arm would have looked more of a concern. 

On 2/18/2024 at 3:36 PM, zhounan said:

Italian Mafia bosses are released when they are terminally ill. Thaksin's could be a similar situation. He may only have a few months to live.

I think his personal DR's will spark a marvelous recovery to full health over the next few months.

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Delivered in 2 days by Lazada! A drip into his arm would have looked more of a concern. 

Your hired, should have contacted police hospital and suggested this, never knew he had neck problems thought it was his ticker, but the brace certainly makes  him look sick, and others.

They could have just taped an IV on to his arm without a needle and hung a jar of saline beside him.

• Haha 1