Big Joke faces 2 charges over financial links to gambling operators

anchadian

For a rando cop to rise through the ranks as fast as he did it must of cost atleast 20million baht.

Apparently hes got wealthy family based in Los Angeles.

These Thai  cops are so corrupt its pointless trying to reform a system that is steeped in tradition.

Big Joke has obviously stepped on the wrong toes on his rise up to BBB stardom. Hes been in serious trouble on and off for several years now. Should of stayed in the USA and picked fruit with Guatemalans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, proton said:

Have they fitted him up to get rid of him?

My thoughts too but there appears to be quite a complex web of deceit and it is spreading like ripples in a pond.

Then again, it is confirmation of just how widespread corruption is including immigration who "forgot" to give me my 100 baht change the other day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

At a minimum he should be suspended from duties and banned from any police properties or activities (if not already). Additionally no contact with any other accused or witnesses. Assume charge will result in a full court case where all the evidence and witnesses can be examined in a transparent manner. 

Yeah. Right. What cloud are you living on?😉

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

And there was us thinking he was one of the good guys

You can be a good guy and still make money from investments and cash gifts given for providing extra attention to certain things.

AFAIK, and I don't read the thai press, but at this point, the "investigation" seems very preliminary.

No charges have been filed, again AFAIK.

This may be a signal to Hapkarn to get his crew to stand down from threatening government prosecutors.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-prosecutors-threatened-over-online-gambling-scandal-probe

46 minutes ago, 2baht said:

............and then there were none! :thumbsup:

Or perhaps they made the correct selection when he came second for the  post of the CG of the Royal Thai Police? :passifier:

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Ditto here, How naive can I be thinking he was the one above all the rabid corruption that surrounds us.When he appeared several weeks ago pictured outside one of his several houses in his boxers, should have raised some alarm bells. Maybe Tony can fix this once he sheds the arm sling, neck brace and wheelchair props. 

We're living in fantasy land.

Actually we're living in Thailand, it just behaves like fantasy land. 

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

And there was us thinking he was one of the good guys

I thought he did a great job, going for all these criminal overstayers and i idea of raising the retirement visa age to 60 or even 65 from 50 for foreigners, was a great idea.😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Opening a pandora’s box with this investigation. All i can say is the entire RTP better have clean hands with no discrepancies between their salary and perceived wealth. Cant see him going quietly without taking much of the force with him

• Like 2

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

image.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has been charged with the wrongful exercise of duties and accepting bribes by the police.

This follows the discovery of a financial connection between him and an illegal online gambling network through at least 4 mule accounts valued at 300 million baht, as reported by Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat Pankaew, deputy commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB). He also said more than half of the 300 million was transferred to other high-ranking officers and used to cover Pol Gen Surachate's daily expenses.

Pol Gen Surachate, along with four other police officers accused of the same offenses, could also face charges of money laundering, according to Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1760234099829325841

Surprise surprise.....:coffee1:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

The word is jok. 

image.jpeg.4e4c0bd97e5e3fd02bd70a53905c2144.jpeg

I know that's Thai porridge.(very nice after a heavy drinking session)

but it's a big Joke .

High ranking rtp officer on charges of corruption.

Goes with the job I think 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ironmike said:

Come on people the police in Thailand are not corrupt they are as honest as the day is long,, I don't understand why anyone thinks otherwise just take a look at this enclosed video of a drunken Russian woman named Ireana Pavalova that killed too young kids whilst drunk and speeding and no one has heard a thing about her being locked up,,,why Not????? Bibe money,,, there is no better evidence of police corruption then their own cctv footage. 

That is quite a horrific video, when you consider it represents two lives being snuffed out in an instant. Likely by a woman who was either drunk out of her mind, very messed up on some heavy drugs, or playing with her phone. She deserves a decade or longer in prison, but like you say, money speaks very loudly here, especially with the super corrupt RPT.

Many years ago, my sister in law, was involved with a rather dodgy Brit, while living on Samui. When she finally ditched him, he was livid, and just could not handle it. He ended up coming one night, at 3:30am, and burned down her bungalow, which was made of wood and thatch. It went up like a bomb. Fortunately, neither she, nor her roommate were there at the time, or they would have either died, or ended up with major 3rd degree burns all over their bodies, which I believe was his intention. In most countries, this would be treated as attempted murder, correct? The police were able to find a video of him racing away from the scene, at around 3:35am, as there was a CCTV camera in front of the police station, only a few hundred meters away from her bungalow. They took him in, and told him he would have to leave Thailand, and could never return. Not sure what exchanged hands, for him to not have been arrested. He was also told he would have to pay my sister in law 120,000 baht for the destruction of her gold, cash, and possessions. Same for her friend. He did pay. We know that for a fact, as we were friendly with a couple of his friends. When she went to the police station to collect, she was told that he never paid, and he was already back in the UK. But, that they had advocated for her, and made sure he could never come back to Thailand! When she pushed, and told them that she knew for a fact that he had paid them, she was told that her life was now in danger, and that she needed to back down, and go away, or her safety could not be guaranteed.

The real problem is, you cannot report these guys. Not to the higher ups, not to the provincial authorities, and certainly not to the army. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. They are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Anything hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the naive amongst us.

So, for any of you out there who still think the biggest joke was innocent, you are naive. And his PR obviously worked. 

• Like 2