PM announces plans for a mid-sea airport in Hua Hin

Not Hua Hin related but worth noticing that Mae Hong Son has no more flights from Chiang Mai, which should be fixed, as the town can be only be reached by 4 flights a week from bangkok via ...  lampang (not Chiang Mai), what a stupid idea. The first flight from Chiang Mai was in the 50's and lasted until 3 years ago. Quite long to drive there but worth the trip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Part of this vision is the development of a state-of-the-art mid-sea airport in Hua Hin, designed to cater exclusively to high-net-worth individuals traveling on private jets.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

an ambitious initiative aimed at transforming Thailand into a global aviation hub.

Stop the Yaba , Hubby ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You keep laughing at the Thai government regarding the many plans they have to date with Hua-hin airport, and even in the future, I venture to doubt that there will ever be decent connections between HH and the rest of the world.
...Yes, a megalomaniac train station they do have by now where a few trains a day come and go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Victor Laszlo said:

One hell of an imagination. 

He must be smokin' some good sh!t image.png.3c661ccf8aab77c93a8fffcbcbdb7e43.png

They have a hard enough time getting folks to use the present airport @ HH.  I don't know how many "high-net-worth individuals traveling on private jets" he thinks comes to HH, or TH for that matter, on holiday.

Haven't been to my old haunts, probably all ruined also, but HH and TH don't make my top 25 or 50 list of holiday destinations, especially for a 'beach' holiday.

When I do pop into HH, quite often, and even stroll over to the beach, rare, it's look left, look right ... 'hmm...looks nice today' ... OK, I'm done, where next.   Can't ever remember spending more than 15 mins on HH beach, unless I was flying my drone, or the Jazz Festival was there, and they rightfully screwed those all up to hell, as was great for a weekend visit.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

So who is paying for this new airport that only the super rich will ever use? And do the super rich really holiday in Hua Hin?

Maybe they all come flocking to see Rajabhakti Park. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 7:05 AM, hotchilli said:

Same applies, he might find it difficult to renew it on the 13th March

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

He probably identifies as Swiss.

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

You keep laughing at the Thai government regarding the many plans they have to date with Hua-hin airport, and even in the future, I venture to doubt that there will ever be decent connections between HH and the rest of the world.
...Yes, a megalomaniac train station they do have by now where a few trains a day come and go.

If you want to see a meglamanic train station come to Khon kaen but not by train. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have heard some stupid things in my life but this really does take the biscuit!! The PM must be influenced either by these supposed "high net worth individuals" or a good dose of yabba!!

Last time I looked, Hua Hin already had an airport which has been totally ignored over the years! I know This Is Thailand but surely anyone with half an ounce of common sense would spend the money upgrading the facilities at half the cost of a mid sea monstrosity. And it could even be transformed to allow international flights as well as the high fliers jets. But that would be too easy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Don't complain, My nearest Train Station is in Cambodia :cheesy:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Part of this vision is the development of a state-of-the-art mid-sea airport in Hua Hin,

I think this clown must be visionally Impaired. :coffee1: 

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, the Thai opposition parties are calling for a debate about the Govts lack of action in the implementation of it's election policies since being in office - nothing has actually been done and most things pledged have not even started. This time it is not a censure motion and vote, but clearly the Opposition Parties (mainly MDP) are saying exactly what we Expats are saying every day after another annoucement  "It has been 6 months - stop flying all over the world talking about new hubs and projects, and actually get on with it and do something". 

Yingluck is coming back, when her big brother has paved the way. Leaders of the MFP (some) can actually think ahead and they realise she is the Phue Thai's best chance of winning the next election - whether it is in 3 years or if it is an early election called due to a split in Parliament. 

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Part of this vision is the development of a state-of-the-art mid-sea airport in Hua Hin, designed to cater exclusively to high-net-worth individuals traveling on private jets.

I guess Xi might be asked to help fund it ?

If they are of the same standard as the offshore defense islands the Chinese built, the airport will only last a few years.

Until I read private jets I thought they were going down the line of seaplanes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

If they are of the same standard as the offshore defense islands the Chinese built, the airport will only last a few years.

Until I read private jets I thought they were going down the line of seaplanes.

Sub base ??