Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In years to come, our grandkids will ask," grandad, why did people allow this to happen? "

There are kids asking now, why have Hamas not released the hostages, why do Hamas want this horrible war to carry on?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

This war is most certainly because of the 7/10 attack on Innocent Israeli civilians and why you chose to deny the absolute obvious event is only known to you. You have a terrible habit of plucking dates out of mid air that suits your agenda, without the Palestian attack none of this would be happening.

Your second paragraph is totally gibberish!

Both parties are not responsible for this war, the blame solely lies with the Hamas terrorists for without 7/10 none of this would be happening, why do you find it so difficult to comprehend this.

What you present here is the mirror effect! 

And your wobblery gibbish you can take another place! 

Just wasting my time in an never ending circle with single minded thinking stubborn old men! 

We just have to wait and see how the world will see this in retrospect! 

God save you all! 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

What you present here is the mirror effect! 

And your wobblery gibbish you can take another place! 

Just wasting my time in an never ending circle with single minded thinking stubborn old men! 

We just have to wait and see how the world will see this in retrospect! 

God save you all! 

What ever you were trying to say you have failed miserably!

• Like 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

What ever you were trying to say you have failed miserably!

I cant help you if you feel like an failure, Im quite confident you are wrong! History is on my side, and so will world opinion as for now, Usa, yes I say Us first, because this would not be possible without them onboard! 

Again, I have not invested in this conflict one side or the other! I repeat myself, Both sides is wrong, both sides commits war crimes! 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

A post has been removed from the usual suspect for going off topic into history. Please discuss this in another topic and stop attempting to hijack this one, you know this is not the one for that. Thank you

Just now, Hummin said:

I cant help you if you feel like an failure, Im quite confident you are wrong! History is on my side, and so will world opinion as for now, Usa, yes I say Us first, because this would not be possible without them onboard! 

Again, I have not invested in this conflict one side or the other! I repeat myself, Both sides is wrong, both sides commits war crimes! 

I don't feel like a failure, what conclusions led you to that belief, could it be by getting an insult in early will enhance your opinions, well it won't, try and be an adult and debate without derogatory insults.

Both sides are not wrong, Israel is trying to stop a repeat performance of 7/10, don't worry it's only a matter of time before you see sense

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I don't feel like a failure, what conclusions led you to that belief, could it be by getting an insult in early will enhance your opinions, well it won't, try and be an adult and debate without derogatory insults.

Both sides are not wrong, Israel is trying to stop a repeat performance of 7/10, don't worry it's only a matter of time before you see sense

Again, Read back on your own replies.

Israel has no plan for what to do after the war ends. 

Why Israel can't destroy Hamas
Amid ever-increasing global outrage, the objectives in Israel's war are out of reach.

https://www.vox.com/today-explained-podcast/352059/why-israel-cant-destroy-hamas

If the war ever ends. Now Israel is predicting it will likely last another 7 months:

Israel says Gaza war likely to last another seven months as tanks probe Rafah

https://archive.ph/OfMIV

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Amid ever-increasing global outrage, the objectives in Israel's war are out of reach.

https://www.vox.com/today-explained-podcast/352059/why-israel-cant-destroy-hamas

If the war ever ends. Now Israel is predicting it will likely last another 7 months:

So, in your opinion, what should Israel do now?  Personally, I think there is no sense in Israel stopping now.  My hope is once Israel does stop the civilian population in Gaza will rebel against Hamas and choose to work out something with the Israelis.  For that to happen, Hamas leadership needs to be neutered and somehow be replaced by a new governing body.  Probably wishful thinking on my part.  Growing support for Hamas in the West Bank also needs to be addressed along with cutting off military aid from Iran and others.  What a mess.

Edited by Hawaiian
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

...and in other news, the floating pier the Americans built to send supplies to Hamas... is no more. It broke up in heavy seas and washed ashore.

$320 million spent on a piece of infrastructure that lasted a week. Nice work,  Joe.

Someone in the Pentagon convinced him to install it.  Supposedly it will be towed to an Israeli port for repairs and reinstalled.  With that kind of price tag wouldn't air drops be more effective?  Either way, both are logistical nightmares.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

No need for personal insults. 

You mentioned other sources, got any links?

Last time for Neeranam. Yet another link that will be ignored. 

The targeted strike in Rafah, 1.7 km from the humanitarian area, used precise munitions carrying 34kg of explosives to eliminate 2 senior Hamas terrorists.

We are looking into the possibility of secondary explosions from a Hamas ammunition warehouse near the civilian compound and over 100 meters away from the strike site—causing the fire that tragically took civilian lives.

We are investigating the cause of the fire and will continue to operate in accordance with international law.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Do you believe what Israel says? 

Give a source as that's not what I'm reading. 

And why are you defending atrocities? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/05/26/at-least-20-palestinians-killed-as-air-strikes-hit-rafah/

Given that the so called "safe area" is probably packed with thousands of displaced persons with no room for more, it is hardly surprising that some have to stay outside the "zone". They probably had to move from another "safe" area because it was getting bombed. All of Rafah was supposed to be a safe zone.

Going by their disgusting excuse, if I deliberately ran over anyone that was crossing the road other than on a pedestrian crossing, I'd be innocent of murder.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/29/2024 at 3:28 AM, Hawaiian said:

Israel says these civilians were OUTSIDE of the safe or humanitarian area.  Others sources also report that, too.

Still waiting for these sources. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Going by their disgusting excuse, if I deliberately ran over anyone that was crossing the road other than on a pedestrian crossing, I'd be innocent of murder.

That's it, 'excuses'. It's disturbing when even the Whitehouse are making excuses for the Ethnic Cleansing. 

Just read this -  disgusting. 

Nikki Haley writes 'finish them' on IDF shell during Israel visit

The former US presidential candidate penned the message days after Israel began strikes in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, where more than a million displaced Palestinians are sheltering.

https://news.sky.com/story/nikki-haley-writes-finish-them-on-idf-shell-during-israel-visit-13145178

The Sky News US correspondent says Rafah deadly bombs were American made. 

Also talks about the Whitehouse saying there are no tanks in Rafah, despite proof that there are. 

A number of posts removed for contravening our forum community standards. Off topic video along with replies, a trolling emoji post and a comment on moderation.

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's it, 'excuses'. It's disturbing when even the Whitehouse are making excuses for the Ethnic Cleansing. 

The former US presidential candidate penned the message days after Israel began strikes in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, where more than a million displaced Palestinians are sheltering.

https://news.sky.com/story/nikki-haley-writes-finish-them-on-idf-shell-during-israel-visit-13145178

Right up there with Madeline Albright. Well, not quite that high up the lady evil list.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You know who she is suddenly?

image.png.d6cd4a0c5c1b820b6eecd42bbc769ffa.png

What do you find so disturbing about her message, you don't want Hamas finished off? There's a whole topic on the visit by Nikki you've missed......lol

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

So you think Israel should surrender? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/29/2024 at 12:56 AM, Danderman123 said:

Do they have the right to hold hostages?

No, they don't have a right to target civilians or taking hostages.

Does the Israel have a right to occupy their territory?

Just now, niccodemi said:

No, they don't have a right to target civilians or taking hostages.

Does the Israel have a right to occupy their territory?

Yes, the U.N gave Israel the right to occupy the land in 1948 , legally 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:39 PM, coolcarer said:

It’s occupied because the hostages and Hamas are there. No other reason. Hamas started a war on Oct 7th. Hamas took hostages back to Gaza on Oct 7th

Are you implying that that territory has not been occupied before Oct 7th?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1