Swiss man who allegedly assaulted Thai doctor faces additional charges

snoop1130

4 hours ago, RobU said:

Yes, apparently her father is a political activist with Media contacts and influence

The wrong can to try and kick down the road๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, nothing ever happens in a vacuum. The reaction was intense, but it was at least to some extent prompted by ex-pats who simply do not behave themselves. Most of us treat our hosts, and our host nation with some respect. Granted I do not show much respect to the nation's leaders here on this forum, but that is a different story. They do not deserve respect. Most Thais I know feel the same way. I do show a lot of respect and kindness towards most Thais. And that is what counts. They are only asking to be treated with decency and respect. I do not think that is an unreasonable request. And I do not think most Thais are xenophobic. I have felt that before, elsewhere. Believe me, it does not feel like this.

ย 

I find most Thais to be kind, and hospitable, but they do not have much tolerance for foreigners who behave like total idiots, and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't either. Urs David Fehr was a complete butthead, and proved that over and over again. It is likely even his mother was thankful when he left Switzerland, and will be disappointed if he returns. Now, he may be heading back. I am hoping this publicity follows him around, wherever he goes, like white on rice. He richly deserves that.ย 

In response to the first part of your post.

ย 

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet. I am 79 and walk with a stick.

ย 

Normally at my local pharmacy where I went this week the lady behind the counter normally helps me down the 2 steps. This week, a lady customer opened the door for me, and helped me down the steps. This morning at the bank where I got some money from the ATM, I had a short conversation with the couple who sell mangoes from their pickup, then a lady who works at the local daily market stopped and we had a conversation in English. She had noticed that I hadn't been around lately and asked if I was OK.

ย 

Most of the local Thais in the village are helpful and friendly, certainly to me, and probably to the few other farangs around.

ย 

Then again, this is a small rural village and not a place like Phuket, Pattaya or Bangkok which are IMO, overcrowded with tourists and farang residents, pricing the local Thais out.

ย 

We have a more relaxed and slower pace of life up here. Sure there are always the odd silly locals and farangs but people know them and avoid them wherever possible. The smiles that the local Thais give are genuine and not fake.

ย 

As for the second part of your post, I cannot give a response, simply because I am fortunate enough not to live, or even visit the areas.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Next, he was seen jaywalking weeks ago.

Deport this dangerous individual right away so that Thailand is safe again! ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

ย 

It is not possible now,cos. he must face with very serious offences and charges first .

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in Europe, (and one of the lowest rates of accidental shootings due to its strict gun control laws). However gun ownership combined with poor anger management control and entitled attitude? - probably a good thing he's going to be deorted.ย 

I understand that all Swiss males have to undergo basic military training and keep a weapon at home

• Like 1

I'm certain that I have completely misread the story

Please correct if I'm wrong.

The Swiss has been issued a gunย  license by the corresponding government department.

Note: Amendment to thai Gun Laws took effect in 2017. Beforeย  that date, foreigners could apply for a gun license and if the application was successful, were allowed to hold firearms.

It would appear the legal, logical and straightforward way were to simply revoke such license.ย 

But he will now be charged with illegal possession of a firearm despite holding a license.

Something doesnโ€™t add up to put it mildly.

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Having occasionally enjoyed the company of Swiss Nationals during decades of skiing at French resorts favoured by them.ย  I can say, therefore, with authority that some Swiss people are very nice and that some are complete tw*ts and believe that the world should move out of their way; thus enabling them to enjoy their activities uninterrupted or intruded upon by lesser beings.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

Have you not seen the photos of what he did to the Thai lady? The Swiss man should be jailed in Thailand where I am sure he will soon regret his actions, once time is done then deport him. To say "even the Swiss do not deserve this" is imo you ย justifying his actions.

The Swiss who beat the woman up in Big C is in prison, he has refused bail (B50,000) even though his ex-wife was prepared to pay it.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Foreigners are not permitted to own firearms and registering/licencing them is not possible, regardless of the intended purpose.ย  If it was permitted for target shooting every foreigner who just wanted a gun would suddenly take up target shooting as a hobby!

"Foreigners are not permitted to own firearms" - this particular clause was introduced in the year 2017.

ย 

Prior to 2017 foreigners were permitted to own firearms

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Prudent people keep money stashed away in other countries and Switzerland, oh no, the stash spot of stolen wealth of Nazis.ย 

The rule of the Nazis ended in 1945, some 79 years ago. Those people who were Nazis back then would be close to 100 years old now.

ย 

Welcome to the 21st century. There may still be a few neo Nazis around, not as many as Putin would have you believe, but why would they stash their money in Switzerland?

ย 

ย 

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

Sorry. Wrong post.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

ย 

Thailand .....ย  reminds me of Ring-ling bros circus ....ย ย  haha .......ย  they are clowns.

ย 

From "A Little Night Music sung by Dame Judi Dench (among others)

ย 

But where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're here

• Agree 1

this dude has been doxxed across the internet, and had his picture published everywhere from AseanNow to Reddit and beyond. Had Thai protestors on the beach outside of his house, and his business named at every opportunity.

So today we are obscuring his face?

Seriouslyย WTF?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

"Foreigners are not permitted to own firearms" - this particular clause was introduced in the year 2017.

ย 

Prior to 2017 foreigners were permitted to own firearms

I know, that's what I have posted already.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

The youtube from Thaiger is 1 year old, and the president of the THAI firearms traders association, Mr Thititorn, clearly states that foreigners can own and register guns.

The Thaiger YouTube video was posted one year ago, it doesn't say that it related to one year old legislation.

ย 

"Mr Thititorn, clearly states that foreigners can own and register guns".

No, he did not "clearly state" that.ย  He said that working foreigners with PR could but that's just what he said and, so far, no one has been able to quote any regulation that confirms his view as being factual.

ย 

As you clearly do think that you're correct, perhaps you could link to that regulation (not someone's unvalidated opinion) and I will offer you my profuse apologies.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Foreigners are not permitted to own firearms and registering/licencing them is not possible, regardless of the intended purpose.ย  If it was permitted for target shooting every foreigner who just wanted a gun would suddenly take up target shooting as a hobby!

It's not quite as simple as that . They make it almost impossible so people give up from what I remember.

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Thaiger YouTube video was posted one year ago, it doesn't say that it related to one year old legislation.

ย 

"Mr Thititorn, clearly states that foreigners can own and register guns".

No, he did not "clearly state" that.ย  He said that working foreigners with PR could but that's just what he said and, so far, no one has been able to quote any regulation that confirms his view as being factual.

ย 

As you clearly do think that you're correct, perhaps you could link to that regulation (not someone's unvalidated opinion) and I will offer you my profuse apologies.

ย 

The people in the video are wearing covid masks, so obviously it wasn't filmed in 2017

ย 

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He said that working foreigners with PR could but that's just what he said

ย 

So foreigners with PR are not foreigners?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

ย 

So a statement of the president of the THAI firearms association is considered unvalidated, but that of a know-it-all foreigner is correct.

ย 

And of course YOU can not get a license, and you know why

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

ย 

So a statement of the president of the THAI firearms association is considered unvalidated

Yes, unvalidated currently...prove me wrong.ย  If there was a regulation that permitted foreign ownership it would as easily accessible as the actual current legislation that is easily found that states that foreigners cannot own firearms.

ย 

As I said. I'm happy to apologise if you have officialย evidence that foreigners can own guns, so far, no one has produced anything empirical.ย ย 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, unvalidated currently...prove me wrong.ย  If there was a regulation that permitted foreign ownership it would as easily accessible as the actual current legislation that is easily found that states that foreigners cannot own firearms.

ย 

What is holding you back to post that easily found legislation, and then I don't mean an article in a newspaper

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So foreigners with PR are not foreigners?

ย 

Foreigners with PR are just that... Foreigners with PR...ย 

ย 

So... IF you want to claim the technical victory that 'Foreigners can get guns' if they are Foreigners with PR, you'd be technically accurate but still fundamentally incorrect as that statement omits critical information - ONLY foreigners with PR would be considered for Gun Ownership...ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1