UK Foreign Secretary Cameron elevates trade links in Thailand

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

United Kingdom Foreign Secretary David Cameron arrives in Bangkok today in a bid to strengthen trade and economic ties between the politically beleaguered UK and the burgeoning Thailand.

:cheesy:

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I will have a word with Srettha, to ask Cameron why my pension is frozen!

Do That M8 I'd be Obliged to get my 8 Years FROZEN Increases back.....

• Haha 1

It's amazing that he looks like the grown up in the Torys now. Sunak isn't bad and I wish he was better as he's from my home city but he's not really much of a politician, plus he's arrived at the wrong time.

I wish Cameron luck but I think he was equally enthusiastic about China when he was PM. As for green investment, didn't he want to get rid of all the green crap?

9 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

Politically beleagured UK??

More like politically corrupt and inept UK and politically inept and utterly corrupt Thailand.

Perhaps Police Chief 'Big Joke' will land a position as Minister for UK National Security in Rishi Sunak's cabinet as one of the diplomatic gifts granted to Cameron before he leaves? 🤣

Big Jokes is something we've got a surplus of already

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Cameron enters visa exempt yet still blantantly conducts business without a work permit. Conerned citizen alert!

Diplomatic passport and status. You'll have to think of something else.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Diplomatic passport and status. You'll have to think of something else.

My earlier suggestion of sending Boris wouldn't work then. I'm not sure diplomacy is his thing.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:15 PM, webfact said:

Additionally, Cameron will unveil the launch of a fund worth up to £6 million (275 million baht) aimed at promoting green growth in Thailand, focusing on sustainable transport and carbon pricing initiatives.

Glad to see our taxes being put to good use.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:15 PM, webfact said:

Thailand holds significant importance as a key partner for the UK in the Indo-Pacific region, which the UK has prioritised in its foreign policy agenda.

The UK is a third tier country which is not part of the "Indo-Pacific region." 

• Confused 3

46 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Cameron enters visa exempt yet still blantantly conducts business without a work permit. Conerned citizen alert!

It's called diplomatic immunity and Cameron may have a diplomatic passport.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2024-01-09/debates/24010944000008/DiplomaticPassportPolicy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kimamey said:

It's amazing that he looks like the grown up in the Torys now. Sunak isn't bad and I wish he was better as he's from my home city but he's not really much of a politician, plus he's arrived at the wrong time.

I wish Cameron luck but I think he was equally enthusiastic about China when he was PM. As for green investment, didn't he want to get rid of all the green crap?

'Sunak isn't bad and I wish he was better as he's from my home city'

Bombay? 🤭🤭

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

The UK is a third tier country which is not part of the "Indo-Pacific region." 

Nonsense post. The UK has the 6th largest economy in the world. The article doesn't say the UK is in the 'Indo-Pacific region' it just says it sees Thailand as a significant partner in the 'Indo-Pacific region' 

• Haha 1