"Big Joke" on leave from govt service to rest with family in UK

webfact

Maybe he can pick up the other Big Joke named Boss while in Europe.

It amazes me the two parallel but conflicting threads about Thai police incomes.  On one side you have the very low salaries, momma noodles and near bankruptsies reported among Thai police on one side and then there is the contradictory thread where the other half have unusual wealth, businesses, mansion and family in the UK sipping tea plus fleets of luxury vehicles which is all "above board"??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Big Joke has submitted a leave application to the Prime Minister's Office to travel abroad with his family, returning on April 1st - while investigators have sent three summonses.

Nice relationship...

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

I wonder if he'll meet up with a certain Red Bull family member.

Christ on a bike, not that again!?

Must be sad not having two original thoughts to rub together?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jimn said:

No way he could get a UK in this short timescale. If he really is going to the UK it must have been planned weeks ago.

Breaking news!... more than 85% of people make their travel plans in advance.

More at ten.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

He says he will return to Thailand on 1 April after just 5 days in the UK. Not much of a vacation.

From the first OP,

9 hours ago, webfact said:

This leave is for personal matters in Nong Khai province. Subsequently, he will travel for a family vacation in the United Kingdom on March 26th, reported Siam Rath.

It's a typo. He's in NK (Nong Khai), not the UK.

There ya go, I got your panties unbunched for ya.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Breaking news!... more than 85% of people make their travel plans in advance.

More at ten.

More than 95% of people have to cancel their travel plans when facing court summons for serious corruption charges.

More at ten. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

He says he will return to Thailand on 1 April after just 5 days in the UK. Not much of a vacation.

He  said april 1st , but he did not say what year .

Edited by nobodysfriend

21 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Smart thing to do is to never return. I'm sure he has substantial funds stashed somewhere to live quite comfortably overseas indefinitely.

He won’t be living in the UK, if an arrest warrant is issued he will likely be deported.

35 bank accounts?  Overall im confused

He is responsible and won't hold a press conference? 

If this guy is found to be crooked when he was much in the public eye just imagine the corruption! Boundless. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

No way he could get a UK in this short timescale. If he really is going to the UK it must have been planned weeks ago.

If you meant to say "get a UK visa" rather than "get a UK" then firstly we don't know that he didn't plan this weeks ago and secondly he might already hold a 2, 5 or 10 year visit visa for the UK. They're not that hard to get.

25 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He won’t be living in the UK, if an arrest warrant is issued he will likely be deported.

UK could just be a smoke screen... he could make a left turn and head to Brazil. Could also head to a number of countries in Africa, or even some of the former Soviet states (besides Russia). There are a number a countries that don't have extradition treaties with THA. 

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If you meant to say "get a UK visa" rather than "get a UK" then firstly we don't know that he didn't plan this weeks ago and secondly he might already hold a 2, 5 or 10 year visit visa for the UK. They're not that hard to get.

Yes typo error missed out the word visa. The article implies he is visting the UK at short notice. Agree on the second part about he possibly could already have a long term visa. I agree a UK visa not that hard to get as my wife has had 3 x 1 year, a 5 year and now a 10 year visa. Many people would disagree however.

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

He would probably have an government passport that is supposedly only for use on official business, not holidays. 

And do his family members also have Diplomatic Passports?

13 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes typo error missed out the word visa. The article implies he is visting the UK at short notice. Agree on the second part about he possibly could already have a long term visa. I agree a UK visa not that hard to get as my wife has had 3 x 1 year, a 5 year and now a 10 year visa. Many people would disagree however.

Similarly, my wife has had a whole bunch of 1 year visas, one 2 year visa, one 5 year visa, and two 10 year visas. Never had a problem with any of them.

• Like 1