How Much of a trumper are You?

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A descendant of Victor Trumper? Good heavens, trans may have Aussie genes.

He is a relative, but I think I have his English genes..😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

People will vote for Trump as he is not Biden and people will vote for Biden as he is not Trump

Yer your right James---and after the election-not one of these discussions on here would have changed anyone's mind.

It was about 20+ years ago when the Dem's refused to accept the result of the election & took it to court etc,.

The Hanging Shard or something -( I actually thought they were right on that one)  I was quite friendly with 2 yanks at the local gym then, these guys had actually gone to school together (1 wife dies the other divorced)

& they came out here same time-- They started arguing about this "Hanging Shard" & it turned physical, 2 old age pensioners rolling around on the gym floor --over what politician should be in power--How sad.

I left Pattaya about then to go Issan--but was told about 12 years latter one had died & his boyhood school friend still refused to speak to his Thai wife or go to his funeral.

image.jpeg.5eb22993516d9028d3582695f8bf0f60.jpeg

Edited by oxo1947
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

My Wife supported Trump the first time (She is a fairly right wing Isaan Woman) Now she won't vote for him, he just won't stop yapping. I am not sure who she will go for though, she vehemently hates Biden, Harris and Newsome (Gov of California). 

I am a mildly right leaning centrist, both sides have some good and bad points.

I don't have the heart to tell her that the MFP who she whole heartedly supports and liberal Democrats are not that far off, and the previous government in charge was essentially right wingers.

Most Thais here are right wing Republicans for whatever reason, but support liberal governments in Thailand. I don't think they understand the difference.

The free, up to 4th grade education that was offered in Thailand 50 years ago would be one of the reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Yer your right James---and after the election-not one of these discussions on here would have changed anyone's mind.

It was about 20+ years ago when the Dem's refused to accept the result of the election & took it to court etc,.

The Hanging Shard or something -( I actually thought they were right on that one)  I was quite friendly with 2 yanks at the local gym then, these guys had actually gone to school together (1 wife dies the other divorced)

& they came out here same time-- They started arguing about this "Hanging Shard" & it turned physical, 2 old age pensioners rolling around on the gym floor --over what politician should be in power--How sad.

I left Pattaya about then to go Issan--but was told about 12 years latter one had died & his boyhood school friend still refused to speak to his Thai wife or go to his funeral.

Ah yes, the infamous 'hanging chad' affair and the loser that 'invented the internet'.

Fun times, eh?