BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think the consulate was part of the embassy compound. If correct that makes the difference irrelevant.

It was next door to the Embassy. Embassy was untouched, a precision strike

image.png.8ca3572642c00c84d052c10e9aedbefd.png

Iran and Syria's governments condemned the attack, which destroyed a building next door to the Iranian embassy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68708923

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

hey responded to the attack on their Embassy in Syria

Their Embassy in Syria was not attacked ...... you write a long and meaningless post, and get an important fundamental completely wrong 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

What for........?...:coffee1:

I don't know why these NPCs are trying to tell us that the building right beside the embassy wasn't part of the embassy compound and thus, part of the embassy. Seems they got so indoctrinated by their media that they always put Israel first instead of putting their own country first.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

image.png.8ca3572642c00c84d052c10e9aedbefd.png

Iran and Syria's governments condemned the attack, which destroyed a building next door to the Iranian embassy.

Was it part of the embassy compound or not. According to many media outlets it was, you seem to be avoiding the issue.

• Confused 1

Just now, stevenl said:

Was it part of the embassy compound or not. According to many media outlets it was, you seem to be avoiding the issue.

Read the article, I don't care if it was or not.......

• Like 1

Just jumped to page 9.  But wondered why the headline didnt say "Israel risks starting ww3 by bombing embassy. "   Happy to see this side of the facts are being discussed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I already showed you the US state department website and pasted the proof where it says an 'annex' is just a building on the embassy complex. All buildings in an embassy or consulate complex are protected under international law, and are inviolable even to the host country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/02/middleeast/iran-response-israel-damascus-consulate-attack-intl-hnk/index.html

Iran has vowed to retaliate after it accused Israel of bombing its embassy complex in Syria on Monday, in a deadly escalation of regional tensions over the war in Gaza that once again appeared to raise the risk of a wider Middle Eastern conflict.

The airstrike destroyed the consulate building in the capital Damascus, killing at least seven officials including Mohammed Reza Zahedi, a top commander in Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), and senior commander Mohammad Hadi Haji Rahimi, according to Iran’s Foreign Ministry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read the article, I don't care if it was or not.......

That's what I thought, you don't care. International law does care, but the law won't have any consequences for Israel. But other consequences are very visible now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I already showed you the US state department website and pasted the proof where it says an 'annex' is just a building on the embassy complex. All buildings in an embassy or consulate complex are protected under international law, and are inviolable even to the host country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/02/middleeast/iran-response-israel-damascus-consulate-attack-intl-hnk/index.html

And?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

While you guys argue about minor definitions, nobody talk about the double standards in this world. 

It makes Putins offensive propaganda in Russia more convincing, create tighter bonds among China, India, Russia, and many countries in Middle east, Africa, South America who have tasted  colonization and political threats and intervention. 

Talking about slow suicide

• Like 1

Just now, stevenl said:

That's what I thought, you don't care. International law does care, but the law won't have any consequences for Israel. But other consequences are very visible now.

What is the difference in International Law if it is a Embassy or Consulate? I have no idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Iran would have responded anyway , whether the attack was on a consulate or on someone's home . Its the Iranian deaths that matter to Iran, not the location of the deaths

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

While you guys argue about minor definitions, nobody talk about the double standards in this world.

It's not a minor definition though. See what happened with all the myths about WW2. People still claim Germany started it even though we know who declared war on who. So, if there is a WW3 now (which it kinda is already) we should at least accept the fact that they started it again... I mean Israel started it this time.

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

What is the difference in International Law if it is a Embassy or Consulate? I have no idea.

None, see earlier posts about the difference in law.

My post was about the bombing, not the distinction.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Netanyahu has been wanting to invade Iran for a long time. He has to be ousted. 

have given Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, what he’s always craved – a mandate and justification for openly attacking Iran

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/14/iran-drone-attack-israel-crisis-benjamin-netanyahu-tehran

I told you all; it’s either the Guardian, the BBC, or Al Jazeera; he has been fully indoctrinated.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

For Israel, the only difference worth caring about is America's veto.

There is no difference under international law regarding the inviolability of embassies or consulates, but there are differences in staff privileges. Consulate heads do not enjoy immunity from prosecution, whereas an ambassador has full immunity.

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

For Israel, the only difference worth caring about is America's veto.

There is no difference under international law regarding the inviolability of embassies or consulates, but there are differences in staff privileges. Consulate heads do not enjoy immunity from prosecution, whereas an ambassador has full immunity.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

None, see earlier posts about the difference in law.

My post was about the bombing, not the distinction.

Cool no difference, glad's that's out of the way then, can we now get back on topic

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

It's not a minor definition though. See what happened with all the myths about WW2. People still claim Germany started it even though we know who declared war on who. So, if there is a WW3 now (which it kinda is already) we should at least accept the fact that they started it again... I mean Israel started it this time.

Are you saying that Jews started World War 2 ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Nope, but, you could start your own thread, Franky, for folk like you..............:coffee1:

i get enough entertainment from these to bother starting my own. how was your sonkran?

25 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

This is a picture of an US embassy. Please, anybody, point to the annex building which would be okay to attack without the US retaliating.

1A-1.jpg.5e6e5c66bffe10a94db504fc4030fb9c.jpg

Where is the consulate annexe?

I do not have access to Israeli intelligence data!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

It was a mess back then, and now we are about the same again, 

Hitler Invaded Polen, giving France and Britain no choice. Same if Israel, Taiwan, or any Nato countries being invaded, we will declare war.

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hitler Invaded Polen, giving France and Britain no choice. Same if Israel, Taiwan, or any Nato countries being invaded, we will declare war.

Yeah, Hitler invaded Poland because occupying the German city Danzig and half of Prussia was out of question and then France invaded Germany. People now say Crimea shouldn't stay Russian. Well, sounds very similar to 'Danzig shouldn't stay Polish'.

The US wants wars on 3 fronts now but can only fight one. Let's see what it is. My bet is 'Die for Israel'.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Goat said:

You forgot the USA, who have been active in more wars, and killed more "enemy" in more countries than all those you listed above, have the most weapons and sell the most weapons.

If war breaks out I will enlist to fight for Thailand. Take on the Burmese again. We have a few scores to settle.

But would probably lose again.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, JackGats said:

Difficult. Israelis now no longer allowed to fly over Saudi Arabia (or Irak) I think. They would need to use missiles. I've read the Iranians had scattered their "nuclear facilities", especially whichever nuclear warheads they may already have produced. So no easy option apart from armageddon.

Why would they need to fly over Saudi or Iraq? Over Jordan would be the direct route.