Thailand listed among top 10 countries with highest number of sex workers worldwide

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

well, at least they are in the top 10 for something!!

bob.

They are world leaders when it comes to air pollution (northern parts)......

Well, if the government denies that it's true you've gotta believe them. I reckon the government official responded to a question as he was texted as he was getting a soapy massage.

I love the 6 monthly visits to Walking St & Soi 6 Pattaya by the Police heirachy who then proudly announce "No sex workers or prostitution going on here". 

Tea money sorts out all the sex-worker issues in Thailand.

This award will not go down ( excuse the pun) with TAT or Police, who can walk down

WALKING STREET / BEACH ROAD and preaching that there ARE NO SEX WORKERS IN THAILAND.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Purdey said:

Not sure how they came to the total of 250,000. I wonder if they asked people, "Are you a prostitute?"

THEY JUST ASKED THE POLICE, HOW MANY BROWN ENVELOPES THIS MONTH.

• Agree 1

Yeah, agree. Thailand has got it down to an art. Still pulls me back once a year. If the air was breathable year long It would be heaven. Sadly it ain't.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The International Union of Sex Workers (IUSW) has revealed that Thailand is home to 250,000 sex workers, one of the highest numbers worldwide. Despite this, the profession remains illegal in the country and workers are lacking basic employment rights.

Thanks to decades of inept government leaders who provide little career opportunities for their population...

Posted (edited)

The image is actually not representative of sex workers in Thailand. Tourist areas are only a small % of the overall number. I also question the validity of these numbers. IMHO it would be a lot higher.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, bob smith said:

well, at least they are in the top 10 for something!!

bob.

The young girl in the OP photo is top 10 for sure

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

I have seen estimates of 3000 bars left after covid, normal beer bars to more red light bars. How many agogo? 

How many prostitutes would that give you, 

15 000? 

What about the cashiers?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The International Union of Sex Workers (IUSW) has revealed that Thailand is home to 250,000 sex workers, one of the highest numbers worldwide.

Wait till the IUSW gets sued for defamation in Thailand. Sex workers?? No such thing...

• Haha 1

Funny how all their numbers are nice even numbers.  I doubt they are accurate at all.

Even in the small rural town I live in there are a couple of 'bars' for the local men.

• Like 1