What's a bloke to do ?

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

In my (extremely limited) experience of 'Thai massage' in Thailand (twice) it's not my idea of a pleasant experience.

Painful. Never again.

Yes, if one says a Thai massage, they can be very painful if one hsn't had one before.  One must tell the "person" doing the massge to be gentle.

• Agree 1

My sister in law is a trained masseuse. She is brutal, but if you can endure an hour with her you will feel better.

16 hours ago, The Cobra said:

So, picture this: I strolled into one of those massage joints in Pattaya,, thinking I was in for a treat. Boy, was I in for a surprise! The massage itself felt like a wrestling match with the  Hulk—sublime yet borderline bone-crushing. I swear, that masseuse could probably unscrew a rusty nut with her bare hands!

But here's where it gets weird: her voice! Deeper the Lurch off the Adams family, I kid you not. And instead of the soothing spa chatter, she's yammering on about football. I'm lying there, covered in oil, wondering if I've stumbled into some parallel universe where sports commentary is part of the spa experience.

Now, what's a bloke to do in such a situation? Do I demand a refund, making it clear that I didn't sign up for a deep tissue massage joint realignment and a sports podcast? Or do I get cheeky and ask if she can work her magic on my car's noisy tappets after work?

Decisions, decisions...

Suggest you set out your massage parameters before disrobing...

16 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Now, what's a bloke to do in such a situation?

Learn from your experience.

As Lucy in the movie said, "Learning is a painful process." And you just got a lot of process.

Massage expectations should be discussed up front. Always. If it is a real massage, discuss your limits, in terms of pain. I prefer a massage that does not cause me great pain. 

18 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I got a massage from a man this year. I didn't want to refuse his service which they seemed to run as a family with his wife and daughter. Such is life.

A massage from a man???? I cannot think of anything worse. 

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

A massage from a man???? I cannot think of anything worse. 

Yeah I came with my wife and they gave her his wife and I got him. 😭 The daughter was busy on another person too. This was my first trip to Hua Hin and was about 20k south from the city. Maybe that's how the they roll there but I'm not down.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Cobra said:

So, picture this: I strolled into one of those massage joints in Pattaya,, thinking I was in for a treat. Boy, was I in for a surprise! The massage itself felt like a wrestling match with the  Hulk—sublime yet borderline bone-crushing. I swear, that masseuse could probably unscrew a rusty nut with her bare hands!

But here's where it gets weird: her voice! Deeper the Lurch off the Adams family, I kid you not. And instead of the soothing spa chatter, she's yammering on about football. I'm lying there, covered in oil, wondering if I've stumbled into some parallel universe where sports commentary is part of the spa experience.

Now, what's a bloke to do in such a situation? Do I demand a refund, making it clear that I didn't sign up for a deep tissue massage joint realignment and a sports podcast? Or do I get cheeky and ask if she can work her magic on my car's noisy tappets after work?

Decisions, decisions...

She make good snu snu

image.png.75ba8e0397f13bc3dd6cc7c14e231a66.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Massage expectations should be discussed up front. Always. If it is a real massage, discuss your limits, in terms of pain. I prefer a massage that does not cause me great pain. 

If a Thai massage so soft that you dont feel any pain then you have wasted your money.When I go for a massage I bypass all the pretty little young  petite girls and select a bigger stronger one on purpose .you might have to endure  some discomfort but you will feel good the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

My wife went to school, has and certificate and everything about Thai massage. I won't let he touch me. I much better prefer a sore shoulder over broken arm all day long. ☠️

I second that. Lady digger she went to school and got the certificate. 

I let her massage me Ones   didn't I take of quick . 

Like getting run over by an Komatsu  D575A-3 SD

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

If a Thai massage so soft that you dont feel any pain then you have wasted your money.When I go for a massage I bypass all the pretty little young  petite girls and select a bigger stronger one on purpose .you might have to endure  some discomfort but you will feel good the next day.

I don't mind feeling some pain but I just don't need to be tortured. And if I feel like a fun massage, a young and beautiful gal, who has not had her body disfigured by kids, is what I am looking for. 

I always read google reviews for everything, restaurants, bars, massage places, etc.

Only the massage places reviews are completely useless! 

How often I walk into a 4.7 star massage only to end up with a 1 star massage!

And the frustrating thing is that these idiots give really high reviews, without even mentioning the name of the masseuse! 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Presnock said:

Yes, if one says a Thai massage, they can be very painful if one hsn't had one before.  One must tell the "person" doing the massge to be gentle.

bou-bou

22 hours ago, mfd101 said:

In my (extremely limited) experience of 'Thai massage' in Thailand (twice) it's not my idea of a pleasant experience.

Painful. Never again.

Avoid traditional Thai massage. Go for an oil massage which will also be on the menu and is in my experience much kinder.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:38 PM, The Cobra said:

Decisions, decisions...

don't you choose your massage person ? her ? sounds like a HE in a dress

On 5/3/2024 at 3:16 PM, Presnock said:

Or call out loudly 'JEP'  'JEP'  (hurts). 

That will usually reduce the power being used.