Remember this...

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

I’m getting my memory refreshed and it was even worse than i remembered. Doctors were telling people to go outside and get some sun and get out of the house, where many believe much of the transmission occurred. 

God forbid people should go outside and get sun and be active and healthy. 

https://www.turnto23.com/news/coronavirus/accelerated-urgent-care-doctors-recommend-lifting-shelter-in-place-order

So I can't tell whether you're happy or complaining that a pair of small town doctors in a heavily Republican / conservative area of California decided they were going to flout the then current advice from both the Calif. Dept. of Health Services and their own Kern County Health Department. Either way, they were wrong.

From your news report in early 2020:

"In our ongoing effort to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 on our residents and healthcare system, we continue to adhere to the guidance issued by Governor Newsom regarding the stay at home order.

Kern County Public Health Services recommends the following protective measures:
Stay at home except for essential needs.
Practice social distancing.
Wash hands with soap and water often.
Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay away from work, school or other people if you become sick.
Wear face covering while in public if you are unable to maintain social distancing."

All of the above was then good, legitimate public health guidance re COVID, and consistent with what many other public health agencies (including the state of Calif.) were advising at the time, notwithstanding what the two small town doctors thought.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Does anyone remember those two doctors, I think they were from California? And they actually stood up and questioned the covid policies. They put up a YouTube video and it got millions of views and all the hysterics were doing things like threatening their lives. They immediately got cancelled as far as I remember. That was one of the cues doctors got to keep their mouths shut. 

I remember them  will try to find their video.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

Idk they were telling the truth it may be hard to find 

Yes like a lot of this recent history   it has been "memory holed"  hard to find 

but I do remember seeing them interviewed and the swift discrediting of them.

I seriosuly love how people think the people who put their entire careers on the line were in the wrong. And the ones doing exactly what government, ( &… clear throat pharma), was telling them to do. Y’all need to work on your critical thinking skills. Some of you wouldn’t not know what the wrong side of an argument was if it hit you in the head. You’ve been wrong too long to realize. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriosuly imagine it. There are so many ways to prove you people wrong. All the people who supported your opinion are all rich. Kinda like the iraq war and all the other government lies. Those who toe the line get their money bags, those who tell the truth get fired and discredited. 

How on earth someone could not see it I have no idea. This pattern is on repeat on the cd player of the world. They do the same thing over and over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a bunch of moaners here. Misinformation was banned, scientifically backed opinions that disagreed with the guidelines were not.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

What a bunch of moaners here. Misinformation was banned, scientifically backed opinions that disagreed with the guidelines were not.

Even taking this statement as true, it sounds like 1984. So even if we stipulate you’re correct, you’re still describing a dystopian society. You people don’t even realize it, god knows how or why you got this way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Seriosuly imagine it. There are so many ways to prove you people wrong. All the people who supported your opinion are all rich. Kinda like the iraq war and all the other government lies. Those who toe the line get their money bags, those who tell the truth get fired and discredited. 

How on earth someone could not see it I have no idea. This pattern is on repeat on the cd player of the world. They do the same thing over and over. 

A lot of folks featured on the Reddit Herman Cain awards sounded just like you fellas.

They're dead now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Someone please tell me why we’d ever ban “disinformation”. Wouldn't the information be easily shown to be disinformation through debate? If it’s such bad information, people will figure it out. 

I really and truly cannot understand how people do not get it. The big clue is when they ban information from being discussed, that’s exactly the information you most likely need to be listening to. There’s no other reason to ban discussions other than you’re nefariously hiding something. This is why the censors are never correct.

war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength people. That’s the legacy you’re leaving your grandkids. 

That's the issue. There is no reasonable debate possible when laymen on social media spout nonsense. Same as with manmade global warming, leave it to the scientists.

• Confused 1

Sometime I wonder if people even realize they are arguing for a society without freedom of speech. Do you even know it? Serious question. Because rest assured, that’s what you are doing. 

Look in some history books and let me know if you ever find an example of “the truth is what we are telling you is the truth” working out for the people. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Someone please tell me why we’d ever ban “disinformation”. Wouldn't the information be easily shown to be disinformation through debate? If it’s such bad information, people will figure it out. 

I really and truly cannot understand how people do not get it. The big clue is when they ban information from being discussed, that’s exactly the information you most likely need to be listening to. There’s no other reason to ban discussions other than you’re nefariously hiding something. This is why the censors are never correct.

war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength people. That’s the legacy you’re leaving your grandkids. 

I think you're nuts........🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Let’s just say for the sake of argument 7up, for lack of a better example, causes cancer.

What is the right way to approach this? It can go one of two ways…

People publicly discuss the science and try to figure out the problem and find a solution. 

or…

one group says “there will be no discussion, we’ve decided on the answers and all the policies” without any public discussion. Further, any time anyone write a post or makes a video counter to their position, it is censored. 

Once again, as I have stated repeatedly, I do not know how there can even be a rational human being who believe the 2nd option is the way to go. Even in the case that they were correct, they’re still wrong, because they are quelling speech and censoring discussion. There literally is no argument here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Remember this -- China, Dec. 25, 2022:

COVID-19 ravages China with estimated 250 million cases in 20 days; world weekly up 9%

Dec. 25 (UPI) -- Mainland China is experiencing its first major COVID-19 surge since the pandemic originated there three years ago with an estimated 250 million people infected with the virus in the first 20 days of the month as the "zero tolerance" has ended.

China no longer is reporting asymtomatic cases and has closed a network of PCR testing sites. People who are using rapid antigen tests to detect infections are under no obligation to report positive results.

And only deaths caused by pneumonia and respiratory failure after contracting the virus are classified as COVID deaths, Wang Guiqiang, a top infectious disease doctor, told a news conference Tuesday.

(more)

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2022/12/25/world-COVID-19-estgimates-250-million-cases-China/9401671979017/

On 6/4/2024 at 7:56 PM, johng said:

I remember them  will try to find their video.

I have found the video  and anyone wanting the link to it can Private message me.

On 6/5/2024 at 6:21 AM, cdemundo said:

Before Covid I couldn't even say epidemiologist, now I are one.

Indeed!

Same when Rooney broke his metatarsal back in 2006. Most people before than, would have thought a 'metatarsal' was something in a computer or outer-space.

• Haha 1