Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

Well if Trump wins that's it.Game over. With the Economist giving him a 2/3 chance of that. But it's also the beggining of the end of the US as a Great Power - he's a symptom not the cause.

At a campaign rally in Detroit, Trump criticized Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, calling him “the greatest salesman of all time” for Kyiv’s push to secure U.S. support in its effort to defend Ukraine against Russian aggression more than three years after Moscow's all-out invasion.

“He just left four days ago with $60 billion, and he gets home, and he announces that he needs another $60 billion. It never ends,” Trump said.

“I will have that settled prior to taking the White House as president-elect,” said Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S. election.

https://archive.ph/zSMUq

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are citing Russian sources for HIMARS and Patriot losses. AFAIK, only one HIMARS has been destroyed, and one Patriot has been lightly damaged.

and what, may I ask, are your sources? US, UK, or OMG, Ukrainian?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I do my own research.

BTW, there appear to be 400 Russian soldiers trapped in Vovchansk. We will see how this turns out, maybe they will scurry back to Russian lines tonight.

No the remaining 200 will surrender and chose to live i think.According to one report a lot of them are dead or wounded.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

🤣 You'd have a little credibility if you just said, "Correct, there are no civil liberties in Russia, but I support them all the same for XYZ reasons."  Your answer was a hilariously bad attempt to pretend there are civil liberties in Russia.

As a rough guess an average Russian's freedom is probably as the same as the average Thai's and the average Russian probably loves their country as much as the average Thai. Civil liberties for most not so much and that's one of ther reasons a lot of westerners find the place very accomodating, the cheapness is being paid for by someone who is either dead,in prison, broken, silent or poor.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And of course no one in Russia itself disputes that freedom of speech, press, assembly, etc aren't severely curtailed.  What Mr. "I went to St. Pete to party on unspecified dates and it was swell" doesn't know is that I lived in Moscow 2019 until four months after Russia invaded.  I saw the paddy wagons lined up in public places, waiting to haul away anyone who protested the war on any grounds at all.  I saw, even in Russian news, the announcements of prosecutions for anyone who questioned the official narrative.  And of course they closed down -- raiding and aggressively prosecuting -- any dissenting media organizations, with the coup de grace being the murder of Navalny.  Mr. Gweiloman drops a lot of turds in this forum but pretending Russia is a place that offers civil liberties... is straight out of The Manchurian Candidate, Walter Duranty, or Animal Farm.

Watching too much RT can do that to you. I would have to go out of my way to watch it in the UK so I don't bother but is is a slick alternate reality still available free to air in many parts of the world. Probably Thailand too ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, from your Red, dodgy sites that have been removed....🙄

You continue to waffle about nothing....:coffee1:

Here's one and like Thailand you can buy your way out of the army it's just a lot more expensive.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Here's one and like Thailand you can buy your way out of the army it's just a lot more expensive.

Looks like you are really taken in by videos.......I was like that about 70 years back, but then it was The Beano..........😂

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Meanwhile, Ukrainian forces seem to be advancing on some fronts.

Has the Russian offensive exhausted itself?

"Russia is never as strong as she looks; Russia is never as weak as she looks." (Attributed to multiple individuals, including Winston Churchill.)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And of course no one in Russia itself disputes that freedom of speech, press, assembly, etc aren't severely curtailed.  What Mr. "I went to St. Pete to party on unspecified dates and it was swell" doesn't know is that I lived in Moscow 2019 until four months after Russia invaded.  I saw the paddy wagons lined up in public places, waiting to haul away anyone who protested the war on any grounds at all.  I saw, even in Russian news, the announcements of prosecutions for anyone who questioned the official narrative.  And of course they closed down -- raiding and aggressively prosecuting -- any dissenting media organizations, with the coup de grace being the murder of Navalny.  Mr. Gweiloman drops a lot of turds in this forum but pretending Russia is a place that offers civil liberties... is straight out of The Manchurian Candidate, Walter Duranty, or Animal Farm.

Oh my! I hope you weren’t caught up in all those arrests and that you were not roughed up. That would be tragic instead.

I also saw a lot of protesters being arrested for protesting the war. Some were even assaulted by the police. Their civil liberties were definitely ignored and trampled on. Only, if didn’t happen in Russia and the protesters were protesting about another war. I’m sure you know which one.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And....I could find many dozens of videos of the same thing happening in Ukraine, crowds of women protesting but they would all come from unapproved sources so I can't post unless the mods allow it.

That's the difference between approved, aka reliable, sources and unapproved, aka unreliable, sources.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's the difference between approved, aka reliable, sources and unapproved, aka unreliable, sources.

That's one take but the other is western media curates and mashalls raw information to shape and satisfy an agenda. The sin of omission and partiality rather than disinformation per se.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1