One dead, 30 injured in Singapore Airlines emergency landing

2 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

The “Expert”, and master of negotiating, is throwing out groundbreaking, scientific analyses again. Lol.

Sorry what ?

I asked a question not throwing out a groundbreaking, scientific analyses.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I understand your trying to be facetious because that's what you do but on a 777-300ER there are 9 toilets. So if each is occupied and there are other people waiting it can be quite a few. Of course then you have people walking to and from toilets and others who are simply not buckled up. Added to this you have the cabin crew. Due to the large amount of injuries and one or more fatalities I would assume that this turbulance was not detected by the onboard equipment, no turbulance warnings given by the pilot and the buckle-up signs were not on. 

hopefully they learn to stay seated and buckled !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

If you look at the picture where the vents are hanging down, you see the passenger below them, has a head wound and blood down his face, I would suggest he never had his seat belt on and when the plane dropped he smashed into the overhead fittings, hence it was the passengers that caused this damage.

Today's Sherlock Holmes!

Solves all mysteries without ever being at the (crime) scene!

Pure conjecture on your part!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It is for the family of the deceased passenger!

reckon they will get a decent payout.. will help ease the pain/suffering/grief.

how ever if seatbelt light was on... and the peep was un-belted,.... Hmm maybe not !

Edited by Ralf001
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Today's Sherlock Holmes!

Solves all mysteries without ever being at the (crime) scene!

Pure conjecture on your part!

Sorry, where did I state it was a fact. I said a suggestion that was a lot more likely than the poster I replied to, who said the plane was following apart.

“One passenger on board said the plane suffered a "dramatic drop", suggesting people not wearing a seatbelt were "launched immediately into the ceiling".”

Here is any suggestion for you, that picture appears to taken on the ground as medical staff are doing triage, as the person on the far left is wearing a shirt that seems to say AOT nurse.

By the way it is not a crime scene.

https://news.sky.com/story/images-show-inside-of-singapore-airlines-plane-after-one-killed-in-turbulence-13140773

Edited by Georgealbert

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It would appear that the plane was close to falling apart. I know that the oxygen masks are supposed to deploy in an emergency but should the air vents be falling down and injuring passengers? The turbulence must have been off the scale!

Is the photo of the damaged interior of a passenger cabin of the plane that did the emergency landing at BKK? The photo legend "File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google" suggests that it is not.

Edited by Puccini
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Is the photo of the damaged interior of a passenger cabin of the plane that did the emergency landing at BKK? The photo legend "File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google" suggests that it is not.

Yes that is this flight, and is being used by many news sites.

16 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry that video is not this flight.

The video was posted on Sky News in 2019.

Oh really thank for the correction, maybe that's why it get removed from FB every time.

Posted (edited)

Replacement Singapore Airlines aircraft due to land in a few hours, it is carrying some passengers from SQ321 who are unhurt and wished to continue with their journey to Singapore. 

When landing passengers and relatives will be moved to a special waiting area away from the media.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The photos in this news article are labelled as being from the flight SQ321 that did the emergency landing at BKK:

https://news.sky.com/story/images-show-inside-of-singapore-airlines-plane-after-one-killed-in-turbulence-13140773

The picture is being used by many Thai emergency responders sites and aviation sites, and it appears to show the aircraft on the ground at BKK, as thhe medics are doing triage on the passengers. The person standing on the lift appears to be wearing a AOT nurse shirt, which would confirm this.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/singapore-airlines-flight-hit-by-turbulence-dropped-6-000-feet-in-just-5-minutes-5713833

Edited by Georgealbert