Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

10 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Head kicks should be considered murder and punished with life imprisonment.:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Manslaughter at best.

The “Negotiator” again...

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Singapore isn't in favor with Brit tourist hooligans, however. Why is that?

Singapore nightlife is so much tamer than Thailand so undesirables aren’t attracted to them. Moreover Singapore policing is so much more proactive ( especially in geylang red light areas) . Pundits or hooligans would get much more value for their money if they go to Thailand instead. Cheap food cheap booze and cheap puxxx . What could go wrong.? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jonclark said:

So you in your however many years of life have never got so drunk that you do stupid uncontrolled things?  

Not having a dig at you, but drunk or not, the security guards (thugs) are 100% in the wrong as a huge part of their job is to deal with drunk people and de-escalate the situation.  Even if the person being dealt with is screaming and being aggressive. de-escalate not make it worse. Come to Thailand for a good time - that is the message being sent out by TAT around the world. 

Did you read the last line in my post. It agreed with you.

• Sad 1

From Khaosod English:

Three security guards who assaulted two foreign visitors admitted that their actions were excessive, raised their hands performing the “Wai” gesture, and apologized to Thai society for their actions.

Police case closed???   Nothing further to see here folks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

well we know for a fact it doesn't happen in Singapore that's for damn sure ....  harsher punishment for disturbing the peace there,  and i haven't ever heard of this trouble in KL.  

Doesn't (or didn't) happen in Taiwan, either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Those so-called guards are scum from ledge, may I say? Yes I can say that.
A few years in jail will do them good, what jerks.

Kicking against the head that can never be justified, surely it is natural to wish the head kicker jail time?
And then there are apparently people on this site who are confused. Are they headbangers too?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite this alleged provocation, the guards’ actions have been widely criticised as excessive, particularly since one guard was seen kicking a tourist in the head as he lay on the ground after being beaten.

Hired thugs... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tubber said:

Not much as we found out in Hua Hin a few years back when a 68 year old husband, his 65 year wife and 43 year old son were all kicked senseless.

We are not talking about playing football now.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, absolutely nothing deserves a fatal kick to the head. Nothing can call for the way the gourds were acting, as they should have the training and mentality to handle things without violence or only subdue people if necessary until police arrives. I have never contested that. So, now you can stop with the verbal assault, by calling my out to be an absolute idiot.

But, yes, I knew, but not defending the outcome, that the Brits did not accept the way and culture, as they started to point and one actually wanted to fight with the guards. They walked around showing anger in public and where screaming. Basically doing everything to escalate the problem. They should have asked the bar to call the cops or continued to keep the argument and discussion on a decent level.

Have you seen anywhere that states they are actually British? I have only seen them referred to as tourists or customers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What in the world are you talking about? Does that mean you consider taking a nice girl on a first date to a clam street filled with hookers?

It's probably where she works anyway.