Austrian Man Drowns in Pattaya Condo Pool, His Wife and Daughter Left in Grief

snoop1130

Let the Fun Begin – With Water Safety! - Fritz Law LLC

A 74-year-old Austrian man sadly drowned in a condo pool in Pattaya, Thailand on the evening of May 27th, 2024. The unfortunate incident took place at a condominium in the Naklua region of the Banglamung district in Chonburi province. Banglamung police and rescue teams responded to the scene after receiving reports of a foreigner drowning around 9:30 PM.

When authorities arrived, they discovered the body of the victim, identified as 74-year-old Mr. Aichmann Johann, beside the pool. Reports say that Mr. Johann was rescued from the water by the condo's security personnel but died on the site due to being underwater for an extended period.

The victim's wife, 53-year-old Mrs. Warinya, and their 19-year-old daughter were also present at the scene and were clearly heartbroken. Mrs. Warinya revealed that her husband loved swimming and frequently went swimming alone. She and her daughter were preparing dinner when they realized he hadn't returned at his regular time. She was devastated to find that her husband had drowned when she went down to look for him.

The condo’s security guard, Mr. Kosin Moomsila, 39, noted that he saw the victim's towel by the pool and began to investigate when he didn't find anyone around. It wasn’t until Mr. Johann's body floated to the surface that he realized what had happened. Despite his efforts to perform CPR on Mr. Johann, it was too late.

Currently, Banglamung police are investigating the incident and talking to potential witnesses. The body of the deceased will be sent to the Police General Hospital’s Institute of Forensic Medicine for further analysis to determine the exact cause of death.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-28

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

In the Park Beach Condo they say he had a cramp and drowned as a result.

How would they know that if the guard discovered him only when he drowned already some time ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I was discussing on here the currents, or lack thereof, in thai ocean waters in a recent death and this is exactly what I was talking about. In Thailand people die because they can’t swim or are somehow inebriated or god knows what. Not usually will it be because the waters are usually rough. 

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

To be fair, when now 10 young people would see somebody drowning, then probably more than half of them would act quickly. Get that phone out and record the incident and then put it on Insta or so to have that viral video... 

There's a video of a kid drowning (I think it was in Thailand) and most people didn't even realise he was drowning.  It takes ages for someone to actually get him out.  Literally, people are just standing there watching or walking past and looking, but they don't appear to even register that the kid being underwater is any issue.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

To be fair, when now 10 young people would see somebody drowning, then probably more than half of them would act quickly. Get that phone out and record the incident and then put it on Insta or so to have that viral video... 

Sorry, I made a big mistake. Obviously, nobody would have to get their phone out (of the pocket). They would all have it in their hand already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could it be the rough waters or strong current that caused this guy to drown in his swimming pool ?

This is the sort of response that would be posted by Sparktrader/BigNok.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:
1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could it be the rough waters or strong current that caused this guy to drown in his swimming pool ?

This is the sort of response that would be posted by Sparktrader/BigNok.

no it doesn't fit the bigbird mold. transam would of been all over it by now. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, balo said:

When you are over a certain age and with a health condition, never swim alone.   My guess would be a heart attack.  Also agree the AI picture is of bad taste. 

Agree about the picture, and your heart attack/stroke guess too. Drowned bodies tend to sink to the bottom. If the unfortunate guy was floating, he had air in his lungs, not water.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, kimothai said:

Couldn't agree more especially when the article says he was married, and that hand doesn't have wedding ring.  I guess they figured us stupid falang would never notice.

Since when do all married men wear rings?  Regardless, the part of the finger on which a wedding ring would be is not visible in that photo.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You are joking of course.

No, I was discussing it. I explained it eloquently go find the thread I doubt I could do it so masterfully again. But the gist was current don’t pull straight out to sea in Thailand. That happens places with big waves where a lot of water moves to the shore quickly. I even proved ITL if water spontaneously moved out to sea where would the water come from? It would empty the shoreline. Currents are to the sides. But I’ll try not to get all into it again

22 hours ago, stoner said:

how lazy can you get. you literally just typed in drowning into a google search and took the first click bait photo you could find. 

deplorable. super bad taste too. 

Hahah they updated it you dummy stoner. Now it's a life ring. Even more fitting. SMH. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

No, I was discussing it. I explained it eloquently go find the thread I doubt I could do it so masterfully again. But the gist was current don’t pull straight out to sea in Thailand. That happens places with big waves where a lot of water moves to the shore quickly. I even proved ITL if water spontaneously moved out to sea where would the water come from? It would empty the shoreline. Currents are to the sides. But I’ll try not to get all into it again

Oh here he goes again with his dangerous lies that there are no rip currents or other dangerous currents  in Thailand.

Rip currents DO NOT cause all the water to empty from the shore, it is an idiotic thing to think.

A whole bunch of all already disproved your dangerous lies on the other thread, don't go repeating them again here.

Anyway this poor guy died in a swimming pool, I'll grant you there are no dangerous currents in swimming pools.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh here he goes again with his dangerous lies that there are no rip currents or other dangerous currents  in Thailand.

Rip currents DO NOT cause all the water to empty from the shore, it is an idiotic thing to think.

A whole bunch of all already disproved your dangerous lies on the other thread, don't go repeating them again here.

Anyway this poor guy died in a swimming pool, I'll grant you there are no dangerous currents in swimming pools.

Nobody discredited me at all those are all fat guys that sit on their asses all day. How on earth could they discredit me I’m in the thai ocean every week. You do t even know what a rip current is, but I forgive you the nomenclature is ambiguous. That’s why I refer to them as outward flow of water. Doesn’t really exist in Thailand. That may exist in a bottle neck like an outlet or a place like Hawaii that has massive waves. Water needs to move to the shore for there to be a rip current or an outward flow of water; it does that, once again, through tides / bottlenecks or large waves. 

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So the rip current I nearly drowned in in Kata didn't exist. My dad was with me and he was a beach lifeguard for 25 years. And the rips that kill tourists every single year in Thailand don't exist. You have no idea what you're talking about.  Rips do not need massive waves - wave height has nothing to do with it.

It sounds like you can’t swim very well. What the hell was your dad thinking. It doesn’t sound like either of you are qualified to give advice on the topic. This is part of my point… people that almost die in thai waters are the ones who don’t know what they are doing. You’re opinion doesn’t count you don’t understand the ocean

• Sad 1

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

It sounds like you can’t swim very well. What the hell was your dad thinking. It doesn’t sound like either of you are qualified to give advice on the topic. This is part of my point… people that almost die in thai waters are the ones who don’t know what they are doing. You’re opinion doesn’t count you don’t understand the ocean

Ok, thank you Mr Ocean Whisperer who believes you only get rips where there are high waves and who believes Thailand doesn't have them. Mr Ocean Whisperer also believes rips don't exist otherwise all the water would wash out to sea. 

Go and peddle your misinformation elsewhere. 

• Agree 2