Big Thailand visa changes from June 1

8 hours ago, JTXR said:

...Then why on earth should I continue with OA-based extensions (66K transferred per month, mandatory health insurance), when I can become a "digital nomad" and get what amounts to essentially full-time entry for 5 years?

You have to wait until the Discover Thailand Visa (DTV) is officially launched and then check the criteria and conditions for it. 

On 6/27/2024 at 5:39 AM, GypsyT said:

Statistics in EU show when Thai lady gets divorced she NEVER re-marry an other farang......

But she is happy to stay there - alone 🙂

So, in a way you are correct!

What statistics would these be?  I personally know several Thai women that have remarried with westerners after divorce and a few more who married again with westerners after being widowed, 

On 6/27/2024 at 5:59 AM, JTXR said:

"Tourists wishing to work and sightsee can now be issued five-year visas for stays that last up to 180 days, which can be extended for another 180 days. Previously, they were only permitted to stay twice for 30 days each. "These new rules target digital nomads, remote workers, freelancers, as well as those interested in learning Muay Thai and Thai cuisine," Mr. Chai explained."

Then why on earth should I continue with OA-based extensions (66K transferred per month, mandatory health insurance), when I can become a "digital nomad" and get what amounts to essentially full-time entry for 5 years?

is anybody suggesting that you should continue with an OA.  

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Read the thread again and get back to us. Saves me time.

You could have saved yourself even more  time by simply ignoring and  not replying to my post. I was neither quoting nor even addressing you.    I cannot understand the thought process that results in comments like the above 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/1/2024 at 8:10 AM, humbug said:

It won't just kill elite and ltr, but every visa like retirement, marriage, investment visas, permanant residents, education visas, eec special visas, boi visas, who the hell

would want the hassles of the other visas, when you can get a 5 year visa so easily for cooking, muay thai, nomads

I mean why only hate on Elite, when every long term visa class would be affected

June 1st now, lets see

Why only hate on the elite?

Which other visa is payable upfront with a five to twenty year expiry and costs minimum 900,000 baht? 

Only the LTR has a long life and it’s a fraction of the price, as are all the other visas. 

Thats why