Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

9 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

In the past the GOP always played it much 'fairer' and when in power they did their job - manage the country for all the US people. That aint gonna happen anymore after what has happened to Trump and his Supporters - partisan weaponisation of the Justice and Parliamentary system. If you do not think that the reason they called the 'pitch invasion' by unarmed people an 'Insurrection', then you are extremely politically naïve. They have done that and charged all those unarmed walk-ins and jailed many innocent people, for one reason only - to stop Trump being POTUS again if/when they can get him convicted of starting the so called 'Insurrection'.  These minor charges of book keeping errors and omissions will not stop him running, but if he had been convicted of starting the 'Insurrection' then he would not be allowed to run for POTUS. Yes the Dems are that bad - they will destroy the lives of right wing US people who were just stupid/silly, in order to stop Trump. TDS is real in the Dems - and they have 'infected' all their supporters with this belief.

OK - feel better now.  Really not interested at calling the other team names and being childish. 

As for calling Trump names, fair game to as far as I'm concerned.  It seems half of what comes out of his mouth are petty insults and most of the other rubbish is nonsense.  I'll give him some credit though - he does possess a good sense of humor and some of his political believes seem sound.  The woke culture the last 4 years almost had me thinking I would voter for the creep but realized I was being a fool yet again.

5 minutes ago, Presto said:

I think it started with the election of Obama. The vicious hatred that that brought to the surface, revealed the inherent racism and white supremacist tendencies in substantial parts of American society. Trump just went from there.

I too believe this, as the pendulum had then shifted.

The lingering tendencies fueled and we ended up in this clash now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, atpeace said:

OK - feel better now.  Really not interested at calling the other team names and being childish.  Leave that to your ilk. 

As for calling Trump names, fair game to as far as I'm concerned.  It seems half of what comes out of his mouth are petty insults and most of the other rubbish is nonsense.  I'll give him some credit though - he does possess a good sense of humor and some of his political believes seem sound.  The woke culture the last 4 years almost had me thinking I would voter for the creep but realized I was being a fool yet again.

Give Trump a chance - he can only last 4 years (despite the Dem fearmongering).

Maybe what is needed to brideg the divide is Trump and the GOP in charge - Biden certainly has not tried.

Remember his 'hate speech' against MAGA supporters - when he said he was going to heal the country?

That was total BS and his speech was reality - lefties always sew discontent and anger in their supporters - and it works.

Edited by stats
off topic comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Presto said:

I think it started with the election of Obama. The vicious hatred that that brought to the surface, revealed the inherent racism and white supremacist tendencies in substantial parts of American society. Trump just went from there.

I thought Obama's election didn't overly concern most conservatives I knew.   They definitely didn't vote for him the second go around but I didn't sense hatred.  Bill brought  much more loathing to the forefront.  

What I felt started this whole extreme divisiveness was the election of Trump.  Democrats and many independents like myself were butt hurt and determined to let everybody know how despicable Trump is on almost every level.  I got over it in a couple months, after losing a good friend over the election, and now just put into the basket of things that will never be understood.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, stoner said:

you have failed to answer the simple but quite important question. does it need repeating or are you good to answer ? 

Not hard to connect the dots...except for members of the MAGA cult who have problems with the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s clear as day what’s going to happen now. People hate government more than they ever have nowadays, post covid. And they just set up trump as the anti government candidate. I bet trump is going to get votes from so many people you’d never even expect. And even usual non voters. Why? Because all of us have been victimized like trump was. Whether it is a bs ticket you got from a cop for revenue generation or something more serious. We have all been part of it, and most of us know exactly what is going on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I thought Obama's election didn't overly concern most conservatives I knew.   They definitely didn't vote for him the second go around but I didn't sense hatred.  Bill brought  much more loathing to the forefront.  

What I felt started this whole extreme divisiveness was the election of Trump.  Democrats and many independents like myself were butt hurt and determined to let everybody know how despicable Trump is on almost every level.  I got over it in a couple months, after losing a good friend over the election, and now just put into the basket of things that will never be understood.  

I remember a couple of especially vicious and racist anti-Obama (and Michelle Obama) websites from that time.

And of course there was the 24/7 full blast spewing of derogatory remarks by Fox News. And it's affiliates I assume.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, if a person doesn't want biden in office for 4 more years, they belong to a cult.  Yes or no? But, thank you for not writing a manifesto.

Most of us don't want Biden to win. But it's a far better alternative than [Trump].

Edited by stats
name calling reference removed
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

It’s clear as day what’s going to happen now. People hate government more than they ever have nowadays, post covid. And they just set up trump as the anti government candidate. I bet trump is going to get votes from so many people you’d never even expect. And even usual non voters. Why? Because all of us have been victimized like trump was. Whether it is a bs ticket you got from a cop for revenue generation or something more serious. We have all been part of it, and most of us know exactly what is going on. 

The way I see it is very different.  The decline in support will be more than even he can stand. He will lose by a much larger margin.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Presto said:

Rather an accurate precis...

13 minutes ago, atpeace said:

There was that but I didn't feel it was more than usual.  I felt the nation as a whole was proud to have its first black President and the media was chasing views like it always does. 

Trump's reaction to the election of Obama was to claim that Obama was not a US citizen. 

• Like 1

Btw, has anyone watched Trump's press conference in Trump Tower?

Man, does he look deflated. And that incessant whining and complaining, it's everybody's fault and he's done everything. 

And that stream of consciousness way of talking. Hopping from one subject to another, unrelated subject and so on and so forth. Like turning over a vat of grievances and lies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

Here's what cult members are trying to do. The hatred and violence starts with these guys.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/31/tech/threats-doxxing-trump-jurors/index.html

On online forums that have previously been linked to mass shootings, people are threatening violence and attempting to publicly identify the 12 New York jurors who on Thursday decided to convict former President Donald Trump. 

The calls for retribution began immediately after the verdict was announced. Experts who track online extremism told CNN the volume of violent rhetoric in the last 24 hours is as high as it was after the FBI’s search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property in August 2022.

Not a source for factual information. Pick another source and I'll read your link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1