Buddhist teacher kills neighbour over grass cutting noise

snoop1130

ไลฟ์-696x392-1.jpg

A man teaching Buddhist principles through livestreams attacked and killed his neighbour over noise complaints during a grass-cutting session. The incident occurred yesterday in the Chai Wan district of Udon Thani at 11.30am, after police received a report about a fatal assault.

Police Lieutenant Phaitoon Uipako, alongside investigators and medical staff from Chai Wan Hospital, arrived at the scene, a garden next to a house in Ban Khambon. They discovered the body of 55 year old Sodsa lying on his back, dressed in a camouflage long-sleeve shirt, jeans, and sandals.

Nearby was a grass-cutting machine. Sodsai had sustained blunt force and sharp injuries to his face. The suspect, 33 year old Kittichai had returned to his house next door and awaited arrest.

The police reported that the investigation revealed that Sodsai had been hired to cut grass at a residence in the area. Kittichai, the next-door neighbour, known for livestreaming his daily life and religious teachings on Facebook, was broadcasting around 10am when the noise from the grass cutter interrupted his session.

He went next door and asked Sodsai to stop due to the noise interference. This led to a heated argument, but they were separated when the homeowner returned. However, Sodsai resumed cutting the grass later.

Kittichai, in a fit of rage contrary to his Buddhist faith, used a ladder to climb over the wall and fatally attacked Sodsai.

After the assault, Kittichai livestreamed again, daring the police to arrest him at his residence. His wishes would be granted shortly after as due to his livestream, locals recognised him as the attacker

During investigations, Kittichai revealed that he had no intention to kill Sodsa but that the noise had greatly disturbed his teachings. Sodsai was a revered labourer in the local community. A hard-working man respected by many, reported Khaosod.

The incident has shocked the community, raising questions about the escalation of minor disputes to deadly violence.

By Ryan Turner

Image courtesy of Khaosod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-31

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

And? 3rd truth pain? 4th truth unnecessary death?

nah, I don't even care much for Buddha's Four Noble Truths. 

there's other stuff in Buddhism that I read that is more interesting.

any real buddhist will tell you that murder is a really bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

YEah well I guess dead people have lost interest in enlightenment from any direction .

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

During investigations, Kittichai revealed that he had no intention to kill Sodsa but that the noise had greatly disturbed his teachings.

Well I hope he enjoys the next 20+ years of solitude in a 6x6 cell with a few other friends to teach respect and calmness.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

In the past week in the land of smiles, among other incidents we've had the son of a family known to us attacked by a neighbour because smoke from stuff he was burning blew into the neighbour's garden, a teacher of Buddhism killing because of noise from cutting the grass, and another killed because he wouldn't give the killer 20 baht.

Just saying. Absolutely anything can get you killed here.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Well I hope he enjoys the next 20+ years of solitude in a 6x6 cell with a few other friends to teach respect and calmness.

I highly doubt he will do 20+ years in the can! More likely 3 to 5 years!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the past week in the land of smiles, among other incidents we've had the son of a family known to us attacked by a neighbour because smoke from stuff he was burning blew into the neighbour's garden, a teacher of Buddhism killing because of noise from cutting the grass, and another killed because he wouldn't give the killer 20 baht.

Just saying. Absolutely anything can get you killed here.

Reason number 27 I will leave with my daughter to a safer US

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, there are many fake Buddhists in Thailand, especially in big cities.

Deep in the Thailand province, there are many real Buddhists, including my brother-in-law and my Thai wife.

There’s always one ‘holier than thou’ poster on these type of forum subjects

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Enoon said:

The victim wasn't a neighbour.......it was someone hired by his neighbour.

More hallmark, Pulitzer dodging........"reporting".

I've come to expect nothing more now, bad headlines, A1 pictures, is there no first language  English speakers on this sight ? 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, save the frogs said:

So just Buddhists think murder is a bad idea ?

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Nah pleads Guilty out in 10 if that TIT.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Reason number 27 I will leave with my daughter to a safer US

If it was the US they would have used a gun which would have been quicker and less painful.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

My grass cutter a Thai neighbor, started yesterday and worked for 3 hours, was coming back today to finish 11.50 now and still no show, is he worried or on grass cutters strike ? 

1 hour ago, HK MacPhooey said:

There’s always one ‘holier than thou’ poster on these type of forum subjects

One compared to the much larger number of whiners, moaners and complainers.

3 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, there are many fake Buddhists in Thailand, especially in big cities.

Deep in the Thailand province, there are many real Buddhists, including my brother-in-law and my Thai wife.

No attacking, just curious, do they still buy into the Merit system?

19 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

If it was the US they would have used a gun which would have been quicker and less painful.

Another one who's never been to the US and thinks youtube videos are all of what happens there.