160 Honda Click 2 year review

I've only driven 1000 kilometers on mine, but I definitely prefer my click 150i. It beats the 160i in all aspects.

The 160i feels more clunky to navigate tight spaces and I feel a lot more in control on my 150i. The 160i feels heavier and the bigger engine isn't noticable at all.

17 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I've only driven 1000 kilometers on mine, but I definitely prefer my click 150i. It beats the 160i in all aspects.

The 160i feels more clunky to navigate tight spaces and I feel a lot more in control on my 150i. The 160i feels heavier and the bigger engine isn't noticable at all.

Apparently it has a smaller 160 engine than the pcx, a massage girl said months ago that the engine isn't as good as the 125, she's heard from other Thais

• Haha 1

Some of the issues I've had are same for all the clicks, like the hot under seat storage and the oil pump gear needing replacing.

I've had it 17 months, 18k km

Handling is 100% ok and i prefer the look over the 125 and 150

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My 125 was flawless for 5 years, this 160 not so much.

Issues I've had:

Oil pump gear needed replacing as a known fault with many.

Keyless fob not reliable enough often flashes that there's a signal issue even after changing battery, a 2nd fob was the same.

Engine noise between 80-100kph, apparently it's the transmission bearings, 3.5k baht to replace when it gets bad/loud enough.

Less room under then seat than my 125. My open face gets scratched up wedging it in there.

Under seat storage gets very hot so not suitable for some shopping. Wasn't an issue with the 125.

Apart from that it's all good, but for the reasons above i think I'll give it a 7 out of 10, the 125 a 10/10.

How has yours been?

Screenshot_2024-06-01-13-14-32-476_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

OP, You couldn't have picked a better time for this evaluation as I'm contemplating picking a Click 160 later this month. So overall a yay or a nay and knowing what you know now would you still have made the choice.

Thanks for your info.

Edited by jwdub12
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jwdub12 said:

OP, You couldn't have picked a better time for this evaluation as I'm contemplating picking a Click 160 later this month. So overall a yay or a nay and knowing what you know now would you still have made the choice.

Thanks for your info.

i would choose the ADV but only if it's a different engine like the PCX is. A top box is essential on the ADV and a bonus on the Click

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently it has a smaller 160 engine than the pcx, a massage girl said months ago that the engine isn't as good as the 125, she's heard from other Thais

Well, that's conclusive then.🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Verify it see if she's right

Well they are both obviously 160. If there is a difference and I say if. It would only be a slightly shorter left-side crankcase or swing arm. About 38mm. The rake and trail are the same so the 38mm has to come from somewhere.  The old GY6 has a short and long version so I suppose it is possible.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Honda Click 160 = 157cc

PCX = 156.9

Seems your massage girl should stick to what she does know.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Honda Click 160 = 157cc

PCX = 156.9

Seems your massage girl should stick to what she does know.

ah so a different engine, so she was right, that's the point. Bore X Stroke different also amongst other things 

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Well they are both obviously 160. If there is a difference and I say if. It would only be a slightly shorter left-side crankcase or swing arm. About 38mm. The rake and trail are the same so the 38mm has to come from somewhere.  The old GY6 has a short and long version so I suppose it is possible.

A different engine though, who knows maybe more Chinese involvement in one rather than the other

On 5/31/2024 at 11:15 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Apart from that it's all good, but for the reasons above i think I'll give it a 7 out of 10

Thanks for the info. I’ve debated between the Areox and the click 160. Leaning towards the Aerox because of the large under the seat capacity 

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 1:15 PM, scubascuba3 said:

160 Honda Click

Spend a little more and buy a PCX.

My PCX 160 is great, no issues. 

The HondaClick 125 is best bang for your buck, good for around town, soi 6, 7eleven, up and down beach road etc. 

The girlfriend has a 4V Honda Lead, nice little bike. 

I'm tall, PCX is perfect for me. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 1:49 AM, scubascuba3 said:

They both use the exact same 160 engine as far as I know.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a Honda Click 110, bought when I came to live here in 2007.

Thought about replacing it with the new one, but it just keeps going on and on.........

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Had mine 2 years and it has been faultless. The gas consumption is amazing, just over 50 kpl, even around town. My tgf has a Click 150i and my 160 feels much faster, smoother and more balanced on the road. Better brakes as well. My only issue is the front suspension which bottoms out going over any bigish potholes. Unless you need to go outside town, or are a lardarse, why buy anything else.

I had to pay a 2.5k premium for mine in 2022 now they are back to the list 69,900 baht. The Aerox, and definitely PCX, are much more.

Edited by Henryford
  • Thumbs Up 1

Click 160 ABS bought December 2023, 4600km so far including two 380km trips, one of 160km. No problems, one puncture though can't blame the bike for that. It's a scooter and does what i expect of a scooter.

Bought to replace the Fino that won't die (now almost 98,000km) for daughter's travel to uni each day 12km each way, but so far she prefers the Fino as finds the Click too bulky, harder to manoeuvre.

Thinking of a Scoopy or Giorno for her when the Fino finally passes away (if ever).

spacer.png

• Like 1