After completing Retirement Extension

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office? 

If you are referring to Jomitien and return to immigration after 3 months to show bank book that is not required. 

Yes. Jomtein office

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Larryst said:

Do you get a letter or notice from the retirment desk in immigration. To report 90 days afterwards with a copy of your bank page with your name & balance. I asked before why people using a visa company don't have to. I get no response from the people working at immigration. Do you submit the form or ignore it?

It's depending where you live in Thailand. If there is no slip stapled in your passport with a date for the next 90-day address report, it's 90 days after your entry to the Kingdom or 90 days after your previous address report. Some immigration offices – probably only a few – resets the 90-day period when applying for extension of stay – for example Surat Thani Province, where I stay – as you also file an address by that time.

First 90-day address report shall be given in person at the immigration office, thereafter it can be done online (the online platform might however not always work).

Edit: If you shall show your bank book after three month, you will clearly be told that, when getting your extension of stay.

Edited by khunPer

I did my Extension at Jomtien in late May (just over 2 weeks ago).
Everything was normal except the IO did NOT give me a paper with the rules about keeping the money in the bank for 3 months and a date  to return (90 days later) to verify I hadn't touched the money. 

This was unusual as for the past few years (ever since the rule came into effect) the IO would give me that paper with the report date on it after he's gone over my paperwork and collected the fee.

I normally set my 90 Day reports up so that I have to go back in 90 days anyways so it wasn't a big deal.

But now I'm wondering. It seems strange they wouldn't want to check that anymore. I think I will update my bank book and take it with me next time "just in case" things have changed - again.

Keeping in mind they've gone and messed with the 90 Day report system and instead of handing the IO my passport and being finished in 2 minutes now it can take 40-60 minutes as they seem to want a TM.47 each time for some reason along with a mess of photocopies (the girl wanted 2 passport pages photocopied and the guy wanted 4).
Meaning it's taking longer to process everyone and collect their passports and instead of a 20 minute wait, I was told to come back in an hour.

(And it's not a new thing. When I did my last 90 Day back in Feb I was told I first had to do a TM.30 Address notification - and THEN do a TM.47 "To Notify" form and instead of maybe 20 minutes like normal - I spent 5 HOURS there before it was finished !)

I remember the first time I did a 90 day and you had to fill out the form and that was it. You were in the computer and from then on all you needed was your passport and the 90 day slip.

16 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Doesn't matter to me what they do with it, or that it's not required by any other province, I just don't want any surprises 9 months later on next extension

The topic has come up many times and many first hand reports of no record being made or no slip handed out to report back etc.. and no issues of not returning. 

Just Jomitien rubbish.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

It's depending where you live in Thailand. If there is no slip stapled in your passport with a date for the next 90-day address report, it's 90 days after your entry to the Kingdom or 90 days after your previous address report. Some immigration offices – probably only a few – resets the 90-day period when applying for extension of stay – for example Surat Thani Province, where I stay – as you also file an address by that time.

The OP isn't enquiring about a 90 daye report confirming address.

He's enquiring about the need to return 90 days after an extension based on retirement is issued as proof the 800K remained in the bank as per the financial requirements.

OP, here is a random thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319982-retirement-extension-jomtien-trip-report/ 

Don't bother with it apart from

OP report. Here is a snip from it.

"Then I will also see if I get the form to return in three months to show the 800K still in the bank. For me it varies; Some years I do get it and some years I don't. I never bother to go back anyway, I think it is meant more as a reminder to us than to them" 

Have read MANY reports of folk ignoring the "return with bank book" in 3 months.

I have NEVER read a report where failure to do so resulted in issue with next extension. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The OP isn't enquiring about a 90 daye report confirming address.

He's enquiring about the need to return 90 days after an extension based on retirement is issued as proof the 800K remained in the bank as per the financial requirements.

Yes I noticed, and if quoted my whole reply, then that's also what I mention.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Have read MANY reports of folk ignoring the "return with bank book" in 3 months.

I have NEVER read a report where failure to do so resulted in issue with next extension. 

True. I ignored when they gave me notice, no problem, as it's not a regulation. They make no record of whether you submitted it or not. The bank book shows whether you had the funds or not.

• Love It 1