Queer Planet documentary ruffles homophobe's feathers

Message added by Juana Tenderloin,

This is the Gay forum with enhanced Forum Rules - Please observe the Code of Conduct for this forum.

Posted (edited)

More about the doc.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop-culture/peacock-queer-planet-documentary-animal-sexuality-rcna155467

Peacock’s ‘Queer Planet’ features lion ‘bromances,’ pansexual monkeys and more

The documentary, narrated by actor Andrew Rannells, examines some of the more than 1,500 species that have been shown to engage in queer behaviors.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

More about the doc.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop-culture/peacock-queer-planet-documentary-animal-sexuality-rcna155467

Peacock’s ‘Queer Planet’ features lion ‘bromances,’ pansexual monkeys and more

The documentary, narrated by actor Andrew Rannells, examines some of the more than 1,500 species that have been shown to engage in queer behaviors.

Thanks for explaining that, as anything called 'Queer Planet", I'm not going to look at, same if called 'Straight Planet'.  Hate labels.  I assumed (oops) it was about humans.

I don't anyone denies there are 3 sexes/genders ... hetero-homo-bisexual.  OK, maybe the religious extremist who don't get out much.

Have no real interest in watching a doc, about either or, no matter what species the subject matter is about.

A number of post containing derogatory or inappropriate comments and replies, have been removed.

Please if you can’t control yourself, please do not comment or you may have some time on the sidelines.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thanks for explaining that, as anything called 'Queer Planet", I'm not going to look at, same if called 'Straight Planet'.  Hate labels.  I assumed (oops) it was about humans.

I don't anyone denies there are 3 sexes/genders ... hetero-homo-bisexual.  OK, maybe the religious extremist who don't get out much.

Have no real interest in watching a doc, about either or, no matter what species the subject matter is about.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it mate.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Nobody is forcing you to watch it mate.

Did this need it's own thread, as could have simply been mentioned in the 'movie/tv' thread ?

A thread for every new movie ... maybe mods could move to appropriate thread.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Did this need it's own thread, as could have simply been mentioned in the 'movie/tv' thread ?

I thought it was worthy because the ignorant right wing backlash is major news.

If you don’t feel welcome to exit the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck I have no kids.

Imagine you have kids, and they constantly get bombarded with this woke nonsense. 

There are XX and XY chromosomes. That's it. It's not really that difficult. 

How is a documentary about sexual diversity in nature woke nonsense?

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

and yet here you are ==posting and replying.......whenever i see a coffee shop in walk on by..same for ladies dresses etc..

point being, i have ZERO interest in these so they dont affect me not do I moan about them....live and let live...amirite?

or at east until your diet takes you out....coming here to moan about it it as waste of time....are you unable to just let it be

its a forum of different topics and lord knows there are worse ones and much more USELESS drivel apart from this one imo

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How is a documentary about sexual diversity in nature woke nonsense?

When such information enters a mind with extremely regimented thought and a strong resistance to change, the results are unfortunately predictable.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I thought it was worthy because the ignorant right wing backlash is major news.

If you don’t feel welcome to exit the topic.

Actually watched the trailer, and don't how that would offend anyone, or get their panties in a knot.  Also not sure how that would interest anyone either.   Scene of the pride parade enough to turn me off, as surely there will be some 'look at me' narrative.  yawn

Oh well ... vanilla/chocolate/strawberry or

straight/gay/bi ... moving on.

PEACE OUT

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Well that looks absolutely horrific! 

I for one wont be watching.

bob.

That's our bob... a real stanchion for the status quo.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keep Right said:

I find it interesting that some people blame the "right wing" for all their hostility. This hostility goes against the very idea of accepting the homosexual lifestyle. I would like to think we have the freedom to accept homosexuality but also not accept it. This is true freedom whether it be the "right wing" or the left wing.

Last time I checked... there is no constitutional right to outrage over something irrelevant to your life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I find it interesting that some people blame the "right wing" for all their hostility. This hostility goes against the very idea of accepting the homosexual lifestyle. I would like to think we have the freedom to accept homosexuality but also not accept it. This is true freedom whether it be the "right wing" or the left wing.

When you start writing laws that hurt the LGBTQ+ community - you are the hostile far right.

Posted (edited)

Who gives a F, I couldn't care less. Live and let live. Just as long as I'm not forced to accept it. If that makes me a homophobe, again I don't give a F.  

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I think this hostility you refer to is part of the effects of the "Trump Derangement Syndrome." The syndrome can be subtle, often masking itself as righteous indignation toward those who oppose homosexuality.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Well that looks absolutely horrific! 

I for one wont be watching.

Think i'll watch my chubby brown dvd instead!

bob.

How is it horrific?

46 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Not a lifestyle. 

Of course people are free to be ignorant bigots.

25 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I think this hostility you refer to is part of the effects of the "Trump Derangement Syndrome." The syndrome can be subtle, often masking itself as righteous indignation toward those who oppose homosexuality.  

This the gay forum. Suggest you read the guidelines.

Thanks for the info. I'll watch out for it. The topic is nothing new. Biological Exuberance by Bagemihl was published 25 years ago. It was a core university text in animal behaviour courses, and it cited hundreds of studies going back decades. Back then, the main theory was that there were higher levels of homosexuality in species with high-need offspring, with homosexual adults 'nannying' or adopting the offspring of others to increase overall species survival. But then Black Swans also have a surrogacy system, and male-male pairs are by far the most successful at raising offspring, so that might have changed over time. I'm interested to see what the current theories are. 

• Thumbs Up 1