7-Eleven restroom use in Thailand depends on branch discretion

webfact

If you are a man it is not a problem. Just go outside to the rear of the store or a quiet soi and pee. That is what

most Thai men do. I live is an up scale condo and the smell of stale urine is obvious as soon as I leave my condo complex. As to the statement in the article that "Thailand offers numerous free public restrooms."  ; laughable at best. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The official policy is that restroom is for employees only. I know this because my wife used to be a location and franchising agent for CP.

The reason for this is because TIT and all the storage and important documents are located near the toilet.

Now if a franchise installs separate toilets for its customers like PTT does that's another story.

They probably know that they would quickly become disgusting and be inhabited by homeless people.  There are very rarely free to use public toilets in Thailand, probably also for this reason. 

As wonderful as Thai people are, they don't really like following rules or laws, nor enforcing rules or laws, as a result, there needs to be no choice but to comply.

12 minutes ago, itsari said:

Last time I drink Leo

Don't worry - you'd never be able to tell the difference! 🤫

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In the decades that I lived in America I never once saw a restroom in a 7-Eleven that was available for public use, not once. 

and  ..  in the U.S. you definetly would not want to use a gas station toilet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always noticed it’s forigners / farangs that’s always knocking down Thailand ! 
same forigners that is living here ,  for there good life.  ! And cheaper living than where they come from 
I know all over Europe it’s impossible to get a toilet open in a garage or any towns.  Usually a sign that says out of order.  In other words, we’ve cleaned them , and don’t want to clean them again.   !!! 
ive never had a problem finding a toilet in Thailand   ! 

Edited by john11k

3 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

I live is an up scale condo and the smell of stale urine is obvious as soon as I leave my condo complex.  

Not that 'up scale' then if it stinks of pi$$ outside....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

In Taiwan if it has stools / tables / sitting - eating area, by law, they have to provide washrooms.  No seats no washrooms.  Works fine there.........if implemented here....well, TIT !!!

that counts 7/11 out then

9 hours ago, loong said:

The toilet on the 2nd floor has an eating area????
That's disgusting!

Seriously?

In the US it's called a water closet or bathroom. A small lockable enclosed vented area for a toilet, sink, mirror and some toilet supplies. Nothing like the outdoor open air urinals you see at Thai gas stations.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Seriously?

In the US it's called a water closet or bathroom. A small lockable enclosed vented area for a toilet, sink, mirror and some toilet supplies. Nothing like the outdoor open air urinals you see at Thai gas stations.

Seriously?

NOBODY in the US calls the restroom or bathroom a "water closet".   Maybe a pompous college student coming back from a semester abroad in Europe.

I suspect that large numbers of Americans wouldn't even know what you meant if you asked for the "water closet" or "WC".

If you ever visit the US, you'd get further by asking for el bano.  

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, simon43 said:

I usually sit on the step outside and pee into my empty Leo bottle.....

That's taking recycling to a new level . You must have a steady hand and a good aim to achieve hitting the target . Or do you have a micro member that can fit into the bottle ?

This is where Thailand as a major tourist destination fails to provide simple basic amenities like public toilets & garbage bins!!! The authorities are forever "talking" about increasing tourism yet do not look past the $$$$ signs when it comes to providing the basics!

20 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Seriously?

NOBODY in the US calls the restroom or bathroom a "water closet".   Maybe a pompous college student coming back from a semester abroad in Europe.

I suspect that large numbers of Americans wouldn't even know what you meant if you asked for the "water closet" or "WC".

If you ever visit the US, you'd get further by asking for el bano.  

I’m from the US and have heard water closet used, but it’s been a long time. I think most older people would know what you are talking about.