Transgender Lia Thomas loses legal battle, will not compete in 2024 Paris Olympics

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Only women can give birth. If guys want to pretend they are women I have no problem but you can't change genetics no matter what Biden and the wokies say.

Biden and the wokies    aren't you cute?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Only women can give birth. If guys want to pretend they are women I have no problem but you can't change genetics no matter what Biden and the wokies say.

Biden and the wokies    aren't you cute?

• Thanks 1

Off with he’s Head

DNA is very specific, u can paint yourself, inject yourself, butcher yourself, rename yourself…..however, you are still and always will be representative of your birth DNA.

Glad to see this immoral character barred from competing with opposite DNA.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The left?

Is there something like the left? Or something like the right?

Some radicals on the very left want us to believe there are no gender differences, or maybe 100 of them.

Most sane people agree that all that is just BS from sick people who want attention.

4 hours ago, G_Money said:

“Any questions?”

Only one.

Does your leftist, woke, liberal Democrat comrades know of your belief?

If so you will be called out for blasphemy, be considered a heretic and burned at stake.

IMG_2447.jpeg

She was burned at the stake because insecure men feared her                          answer the phone.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

She was burned at the stake because insecure men feared her                          answer the phone.

Willing to burn one of your own.

Got the lighter and kerosene ready?

Edited by G_Money

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

All sports teams should automatically be segregated by biological sex. . Legal action is/should be totally unnecessary.

Either that or let them all compete? Equal pay?  ok play five sets of tennis, jump in a F1 car or do a trial for Man United - if not they should shut up and separate genders. 

In the end, this will become a "Gender of Theseus" problem.  How many bits and pieces does one have to change out to finally, legally and scientifically, change sex.

Obviously, the situation in the article has not reached this point.  Incorrect pronouns and frilly panties do not make Lia a wamyn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What is?   That he has been barred from the (women's) Olympics?

No, that he should ever have been considered in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yesterday on Star Wars there was a bunch of lesbian witches using "force" to give birth to a child.

George must be rolling in his grave except he's not dead but I think he wish he was.

There’s another reason why trans male to female can’t compete in women’s sporting events.

They have used a banned performance enhancing drug.  Actually a hormone called Testosterone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Can we scrap this CIS bit? There are only men and women

I have no probems calling them Trans or Transgender and I believe they should, in general, be allowed to live as they so wish.

But as it it not possible to completely change gender, in my opinion, they remain a man or a woman - according to birth.  They can 'identify' as whatever they want but that should not mean that the rest of us have to accept that identity. I refuse to call a Transgender person who was born a man, she or one that was born a woman, he.

As for them competing in a sport as a gender other than they were born as, no way.  Whilst the outcome of this case is 100% correct, the matter of Transgender people competing in sport is far from settled as this case was actually settled on a technicality.

'her case was thrown out on a technicality because Thomas was "simply not entitled to engage with eligibility to compete in WA competitions such as the Olympics or world championships" as she was no longer a member of US swimming.'

https://news.sky.com/story/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-cant-compete-in-olympics-after-losing-legal-fight-against-sports-governing-body-13152276

Clearly in a great many cases, a Transgender person can have a physical advantage over other athletes/sportsmen/sportswomen.  They are currently allowed to compete in some sports depending on their testoterone level. I believe that is unfair as all transgenders should be treated equally. It also opens up a 'can of worms', and it quite often creates legal challenges.

In my opinion they should just accept that they cannot compete in any sport as a gender other than that which corresponds to their birth - just as they should accept that they can never fully change gender. They don't need to be banned from sport, they could be allowed to compete according to their actual gender.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

Is is time for transgender events?

We already have the Para Olympics, so why not the Drag Olympics with Bud Light as main sponsor. 

Such a freak show would be quite popular I guess.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

Yes, most definitely. But then to protect our children the events should be broadcast on adults only channels.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 2:11 AM, novacova said:

Only a complete cowardly male, chopped or not, would compete against women in athletics.

When I read the word 'chopped' their was a sharp intake of breath and my knees slammed together! 😵‍💫

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I have no probems calling them Trans or Transgender and I believe they should, in general, be allowed to live as they so wish.

But as it it not possible to completely change gender, in my opinion, they remain a man or a woman - according to birth.  They can 'identify' as whatever they want but that should not mean that the rest of us have to accept that identity. I refuse to call a Transgender person who was born a man, she or one that was born a woman, he.

As for them competing in a sport as a gender other than they were born as, no way.  Whilst the outcome of this case is 100% correct, the matter of Transgender people competing in sport is far from settled as this case was actually settled on a technicality.

'her case was thrown out on a technicality because Thomas was "simply not entitled to engage with eligibility to compete in WA competitions such as the Olympics or world championships" as she was no longer a member of US swimming.'

https://news.sky.com/story/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-cant-compete-in-olympics-after-losing-legal-fight-against-sports-governing-body-13152276

Clearly in a great many cases, a Transgender person can have a physical advantage over other athletes/sportsmen/sportswomen.  They are currently allowed to compete in some sports depending on their testoterone level. I believe that is unfair as all transgenders should be treated equally. It also opens up a 'can of worms', and it quite often creates legal challenges.

In my opinion they should just accept that they cannot compete in any sport as a gender other than that which corresponds to their birth - just as they should accept that they can never fully change gender. They don't need to be banned from sport, they could be allowed to compete according to their actual gender.

They can call themselves whatever they want it is totally their choice but dont try and get me to think a man in a dress is a woman because that will not happen.

A man has a big advantage over a woman when it comes to physical prowess and no amount of trying to say a woman is as strong as a man will convince me or I would think any other man.

If the transgender want to compete then have a category for them and let them compete against each other, no problem.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, susanlea said:

I think Trans would be up in arms if that was suggested. From what I see, they want to be treated according to how they identify. I saw one man interviewed on TV and he said he was a woman, had always 'known' he was woman but he was trapped in a man's body and wanted everyone to accept that he was actually a woman. Then these pigs flew past my window.......................................

Next thing we know - they'll be demanding their birth certificates are changed!

Edited by MangoKorat

On 6/13/2024 at 12:51 PM, spidermike007 said:

This is a fantastic result. Exactly as it should be. When a woman devotes her entire youth to a sport, and becomes one of the best in that particular area, and then a man comes along who decides to identify as a woman, and steals all the awards, all the victories, and all the accolades, something is not right in society. Something is broken, society has become morally bankrupt, and there has to be a pause, there has to be an interruption of the nonsense.

The PC crew, the liberals in the US, the universities, and many others are so anxious to hop on the support bandwagon, for anyone who wants to be different, regardless of the complexity of the circumstances. When it goes so far that the governing body of competitive swimming in the US is supporting "trans women", who are biological MEN, and enabling them to compete with "real women", who have little chance of winning against a 6'4" man who has transitioned, with shoulders the size of a quarterback, it is beyond ridiculous. I am an open minded guy. I have had a number of gay and lesbian friends for a long time, and am generally supportive of alternative lifestyles. But, there has to be a limit. Somewhere, somehow.

Thomas began swimming on the men's team at the University of Pennsylvania in 2017, and during her freshman year, recorded a time of 8 minutes and 57.55 seconds in the 1,000-yard freestyle that ranked as the sixth-fastest national men's time, as well as 500-yard freestyle and 1,650-yard freestyle times ranked within the national top 100. On the men's swim team in 2018–2019, Thomas finished second in the men’s 500, 1,000, and 1,650-yard freestyle at the Ivy League championships as a sophomore in 2019. During the 2018–2019 season, Thomas recorded the top university men's team times in the 500 free, 1000 free, and 1650 free. HE was a competitive swimmer as a man. So, how is it fair that he competes as a woman?

Hopefully all this craziness will pass and we'll return to some form of normalcy and decency.

Given Biden’s changes to title-nine and the his reversal of due process rights for students I would bottle look for all the craziness ultimo pass any time soon. 

• Haha 1