Cannot update SCB passbook at CW(Still)

Here's a head's up. I was doing 90 day at CW and was downside. I'd noticed they still do not have an ATM that will update your passbook.

Coupled with the fact that SCB pulled out of CW some time ago this may pose headaches for anyone still using this bank for $$ and extension of stay.

There might be another ATM at one of the entry exits that can update. No idea.

If you're caught out you can take moto for b50 to nearby hospital.

Need to do SCB banking for extensions before going to Chaengwattana. In effect, this makes early appointments for immigration almost impossible if you're stuck with SCB.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BusNo8 said:

I'd noticed they still do not have an ATM that will update your passbook.

As far as I know SCB ATM won't update books without any transaction (unlike bkk bank) You need to make a deposit at a branch then it will be updated for the date.

Edited by The Theory
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Need to do SCB banking for extensions before going to Chaengwattana. In effect, this makes early appointments for immigration almost impossible if you're stuck with SCB.

Why? just stop at a branch before you go Immigration CW. Use a CDM to deposit, or use an ATM to withdraw. After update you passbook. Where is the problem?

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, BusNo8 said:

Here's a head's up. I was doing 90 day at CW and was downside. I'd noticed they still do not have an ATM that will update your passbook.

Coupled with the fact that SCB pulled out of CW some time ago this may pose headaches for anyone still using this bank for $$ and extension of stay.

There might be another ATM at one of the entry exits that can update. No idea.

If you're caught out you can take moto for b50 to nearby hospital.

Which is why I use a different bank now for this purpose. 

On 6/13/2024 at 11:08 AM, John Drake said:

I usually go to this one before I head over to Nonthaburi Immigration to get my Bank Letter and Passbook updated before extensions, it's right around the corner from my house, and I believe it opens at 8:30am. It's usually not too bad of a wait, just have to park a little bit before the 7-11 (100 yards short of the entrance), as parking in front can be hard to find.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JHUdF8prKiuLy1nK9