Thailand Tourism Industry Slumps: Urgent Reforms Needed

webfact

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

At least this time they have come up with the real story instead of the usual B/S, I can tell you here on the ground in Rawai it's dead, most mornings I go to the beach I know what it should look like to what it is now, I stopped at Amazon the other morning it was empty even the staff told me it's gone quiet since last month,

Sunday morning is when we do our shopping, Makro was quiet even the carparks in Central were half empty, 

thank you CB for that update, I always like reading your comments. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

First step: BIG fines for taxi-no-meter and all the other well-known scammers.

Second: Fire all the police officers who regularly take bribes from above.

Take lots of pictures and videos and publish them. I guarantee lots of tourists, and not only tourist, will love that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

Judging by the article, these clowns don't have a scooby doo what to do. 

Government  = Fung Kwai aka Herd of Water Buffalo

• Agree 1

1. It is school time in most of the northern half of the world. 2. it is almost Summer time in the northern half of the world.

3. i do not travel to any hot place of the world when it is hot enough where I live.

Thailand, it is low tourist season, or have you tried to change things?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

In Thailand it's the rainy season.....in Europe it's summer, might have something to do with it but we will never know until we form a committee.

In my experience low season is usually ok, but not this year so far, lots of people come here for the rain by the way

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

None of the problems that existed long before covid have been addressed. It was a perfect opportunity to do a full reset. However, the hubris, the arrogance and the absolute insistence on believing that Thailand is not only the center of the universe, but the most important and desirable tourist destination in the world, has seemingly prevented the goons from doing anything worthwhile. 

Thailand is making only very minor improvements, and continues to move backwards. The army, and the goons leading the nation do not have a clue. It is all about worshiping the golden calf of money. 

yeah why are the govt coffers empty after the mil govt left - oh submarines, war planes, tanks, etc  for what war?  They are right now re-enforcing their non-aligned status in the world.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

First step: BIG fines for taxi-no-meter and all the other well-known scammers.

Second: Fire all the police officers who regularly take bribes from above.

Take lots of pictures and videos and publish them. I guarantee lots of tourists, and not only tourist, will love that.

I think you need to impound the taxis. Firstly, since no cash will change hands there is no need to fire all the police officers, secondly, the driver and owner of the cab are often different people so hurt the one who has the money.