Do my fellow Americans often feel like this?

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What with Trump, and such, one wonders if most Americans actually DO feel like this....

Yes, because a lot of Americans have warped minds from all the mind-control media they consume. 

Maybe best to hang out with the pygmies in the Amazon rainforest because they don't have CNN and Fox News warping their minds. 

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What with Trump, and such, one wonders if most Americans actually DO feel like this....

Americans are told how to feel by the media, most follow their command which displayed here quite often. Very few don’t follow suit.

Are you one of my fellow-Americans

Yes

who feel just as do I?

I feel nothing.

47 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Pretty sure they were anchored, as we were the only idiots cruising in the fog.  Just cruising in the fog, then all of the sudden, a wall of steel in front of you ... :w00t:

What brand of radar were you using on your boat?

Sounds like it failed you.

Was it Garmin?

If so, I am surprised.

28 minutes ago, novacova said:

Americans are told how to feel by the media, most follow their command which displayed here quite often. Very few don’t follow suit.

Yes

I feel nothing.

Ever heard of this book?

image.png.87a2ebb86b7a2557dd4de9e77686e13b.png

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

More interesting than all the chatter about the Soccer tournament.

Probably right we should never watch live sport. All sit in condos talking.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Ever heard of this book?

image.png.87a2ebb86b7a2557dd4de9e77686e13b.png

Yes. Anyone who gets their news and information from the media they definitely should read, it will dramatically change their perception of how information is disseminated. It makes a lot of great points about mass media indoctrination of corporate and political interests. Unfortunately there are too many “smart” folks here that are unwittingly under the influence of the media’s influence and hypnotic trance.

Edited by novacova
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

Yes. Anyone who gets their news and information from the media they definitely should read, it will dramatically change their perception of how information is disseminated. It makes a lot of great points about mass media indoctrination of corporate and political interests. Unfortunately there are too many “smart” folks here that are unwittingly under the influence of the media’s influence and hypnotic trance.

Indoctrination is NOT Education, I think.

Nice that you have even read this book, by the way.

NICE!

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What brand of radar were you using on your boat?

Sounds like it failed you.

Was it Garmin?

If so, I am surprised.

Radar ... :cheesy:

If we had that, we wouldn't be lost idiots going too fast in the fog.  Think that rates up there with one of, if not 'the dumbest' thing I was ever been party to.  I've done some dumb A$$ sh!t.

The stuff news blips are made from ...  "idiots unaccounted for after slamming into tanker in fog"  Search called off ... :cheesy:

27 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Indoctrination is NOT Education

Sure it is. It’s mind thought training, though it’s a form of education that teaches individuals to differentiate themselves from others that don’t have the same mental training, it’s probably the worst form of prejudice training, that is fear based, using fear is an effective tool to influence a mind/mental state. The media is very cunning and crafty in every dimension they present, it’s pure brain poison. In the past this sorta thing was more local or locally regional ie Deep South, or a religious cult that kept the members insulted, a basic uniform mindset about an idea, those who oppose the idea were disenfranchised and ex-communicated. In today’s world we have electronic communication full of conflated facts and partial truths that turn into rampant delusional discourse. It’s a total scam, and the individuals who are being educated by the so called news media, internet, television or otherwise are the biggest victims of the scam. All well represented here on this forum.

Maybe not quite on topic as I'm not American. But up until a year or two ago I was a big fan. The 50s and 60s in America were the epicentre of radical thought, expression and avant garde art. Writers Kerouac, Burroughs, Ferlinghetti, painters Johns, Rauschenberg, Pollock, musicians Miles, Coltrane, Ellington, Parker and on and on. There'll never be two decades like them I don't think. When America was truly great. I find it sad to read endless gibber about Trump, Biden, woke, deep state etc etc. Wtf happened? It's all so beside the point! I still listen to my vast library of Grateful Dead. Don't care what you say. They were great days. Thank you America for providing the soundtrack and graphics for my late teens and pretty much the rest of my life. Hate to see you wasting your time on meaningless pursuits.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Yes

I feel nothing.

Well, you might have read that one.

But....

Did you read this one?

image.png.0ac1f83054d88d439656348ee7d66864.png

38 minutes ago, novacova said:

Sure it is. It’s mind thought training, though it’s a form of education that teaches individuals to differentiate themselves from others that don’t have the same mental training, it’s probably the worst form of prejudice training, that is fear based, using fear is an effective tool to influence a mind/mental state. The media is very cunning and crafty in every dimension they present, it’s pure brain poison. In the past this sorta thing was more local or locally regional ie Deep South, or a religious cult that kept the members insulted, a basic uniform mindset about an idea, those who oppose the idea were disenfranchised and ex-communicated. In today’s world we have electronic communication full of conflated facts and partial truths that turn into rampant delusional discourse. It’s a total scam, and the individuals who are being educated by the so called news media, internet, television or otherwise are the biggest victims of the scam. All well represented here on this forum.

Your education might have been indoctrination.

So let's just agree to agree on that!

I have friends from many other countries.  We have many common interests.  But if they really knew how I don't give 2 F$cks about their country. Have told off a few arrogant German Nazis. Told them what a waste using the bomb on Japan.  Should have been Germany first, than Japan. A lot of the world gives us the finger.  We should give it right back and cut all funding,spending and military support everywhere outside our borders for the next 50 years. See how well that works out for them. 

36 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

I have friends from many other countries.  We have many common interests.  But if they really knew how I don't give 2 F$cks about their country. Have told off a few arrogant German Nazis. Told them what a waste using the bomb on Japan.  Should have been Germany first, than Japan. A lot of the world gives us the finger.  We should give it right back and cut all funding,spending and military support everywhere outside our borders for the next 50 years. See how well that works out for them. 

Nope. You don't have friends. BTW how well did Vietnam work for you?

On 6/20/2024 at 1:30 PM, Presnock said:

As I have mentioned several times, I am an American and proud of that fact.  I also have noted since around 1968, deterioration of the society as a whole in the US and the younger the generation the worse it seems to become. 

I'm also a proud American.  Yep 1968 was wonderful. The good old days of black having to sit in back of busses, Vietnam war, higher murder rate than the today, assassination of Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King...  What a year.  We have come a long way and hard to imagine dropping napalm on villages.  

Selective memory?  I do it all the time so just saying you do also 🙂