Dentist in Buriram/Korat to improve Denture fitting /do implants

My mouth is a mixed up mess of unhappy teeth.  A long history of bad fillings, multiple caps/crowns to correct bite, extraction due to infection and more leading to multiple implants, partial lower denture and full arch upper.  The older work is decades old with most implants and dentures were done here in Thailand.

The implants here were done well and not too costly compared to France. I decided on a full arch upper denture because implants would have required a bone graft.  I have about 6 implants for molars but the front teeth crowns (3 so far) are failing after only 35+ years(expected 10 to 20)! 

The guy who did my implants in Buriram is the Implant King.  Fast and good price.  Between 25 and 50,000 THB depending on source of stainless material.  Korea and Taiwan being cheaper than French and Swiss, for example.  But, this dentist fitted me with dentures that were not good 2 or 3x and I now realise that dentures must be cosmetic and functional for both eating and speaking.  The latter is a problem for me as my tongue is now crowded into a too fat plastic pallet which I can mostly compensate for with my native language but when speaking unfamiliar Thai (regards a tongue position in the mouth) my tongue is lost.  The implant dentist is not really interested in dentures.

I am looking for a dental practice that can provide the most modern version of upper dentures without implants and also options with implants.  And being able and interested to advise me on what to do with my lower jaw utilising existing implants only and also options with 1 or 2 extra implants.  Or just a partial modern denture not utilising lower jaw implants.  Advice given with my best interests in mind, not their bottom line.

Any ideas please?  I am now an experienced implant person and am happy with the results.  It is a long process, however, and solutions that do not require further implants would be very nice. I live 90km north of Buriram town and would prefer a practice up here in Isaan, as opposed to Krung Tep or Chang Mai, if possible.  Korat could be ok.  If there is a dental chain that specializes in dentures that could be good but really I would like to find that special dentist who cares, is knowledgeable and is extra competent. Kind of like the Implant King but with denture expertise.  Reasonable price too please (I have no insurance).  You comments will be gratefully received.🙏🏼

OP, I have taken the liberty of editing the title of the thread in order to attarct the most relevant replies.

How far are you from Khon Kaen? As the KKU Dental Hospital would be good option if not too far for you.

https://dentistry.kku.ac.th/english/?page_id=4408

That is the public channel dental hospital.

KKU Hospital also has a semi-private channel which is quicker and ensures treatment by senior doctors (as opposed to residents in training, under supervisions of senior docs). But I am not sure if this extends to dental treatment. You could contact them and ask  https://www.smckku.com/en/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, notrub said:

My mouth is a mixed up mess of unhappy teeth.  A long history of bad fillings, multiple caps/crowns to correct bite, extraction due to infection and more leading to multiple implants, partial lower denture and full arch upper.  The older work is decades old with most implants and dentures were done here in Thailand.

The implants here were done well and not too costly compared to France. I decided on a full arch upper denture because implants would have required a bone graft.  I have about 6 implants for molars but the front teeth crowns (3 so far) are failing after only 35+ years(expected 10 to 20)! 

The guy who did my implants in Buriram is the Implant King.  Fast and good price.  Between 25 and 50,000 THB depending on source of stainless material.  Korea and Taiwan being cheaper than French and Swiss, for example.  But, this dentist fitted me with dentures that were not good 2 or 3x and I now realise that dentures must be cosmetic and functional for both eating and speaking.  The latter is a problem for me as my tongue is now crowded into a too fat plastic pallet which I can mostly compensate for with my native language but when speaking unfamiliar Thai (regards a tongue position in the mouth) my tongue is lost.  The implant dentist is not really interested in dentures.

I am looking for a dental practice that can provide the most modern version of upper dentures without implants and also options with implants.  And being able and interested to advise me on what to do with my lower jaw utilising existing implants only and also options with 1 or 2 extra implants.  Or just a partial modern denture not utilising lower jaw implants.  Advice given with my best interests in mind, not their bottom line.

Any ideas please?  I am now an experienced implant person and am happy with the results.  It is a long process, however, and solutions that do not require further implants would be very nice. I live 90km north of Buriram town and would prefer a practice up here in Isaan, as opposed to Krung Tep or Chang Mai, if possible.  Korat could be ok.  If there is a dental chain that specializes in dentures that could be good but really I would like to find that special dentist who cares, is knowledgeable and is extra competent. Kind of like the Implant King but with denture expertise.  Reasonable price too please (I have no insurance).  You comments will be gratefully received.🙏🏼

I can give you the best dentist in khon Kaen for for dentures in plants fitting bridges He's excellent she works at KKU and has her own private practice in the evenings and on weekends it's called hug smile in concan very reasonable price and she's excellent at her job

.HUG Khonkaen Dental Clinic
(28) ‧ Dental clinic in Khon kaen
68 22 Sri Chan Rd, Tambon Ban Pet, Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen 40000

There is a very good dental hospital in Buriram.

It is on Jira road opposite the central police station.

No appointment needed but best get there earlyish.

Sure, details below.  The reception part of this practice is Thai or Kimir only although Mr. Denist is english fluent as is Mrs. Dentist who shares the practice.  Note this:  They are open weekdays in the evening and weekends 9 to 4(?) i forget.  It is first come first serve as you may have become used to here in Thailand. 

Even for what I thought to be quite big work.  I had an implant done in France and the dentist had reserved an afternoon to install the stainless implant and take a cast for the crown and create a false front tooth.  I forget how much but could have been 10,000 € ?, 

Mr D. prepared my lower jaw and installed 2 implants in as many hours, or less.  He said that if a bone graft is required they would do that at the same time too.  He is friendly, if not a bit brusk. He is lazer focused on his work.  Don't be shy about getting another numbing shot and bring your lip salve as the patient's comfort is second to his access to the site.  I have had 6 or 7 implants and have zero complaints.

If you don't speak Thai don't go there first time w/o a friend who can.  Reception are very nice but it is difficult for them if you cannot speak a language that they understand.  Good luck🙏🏼

dentist, implant 20240702_193743.jpg

34 minutes ago, notrub said:

Sure, details below.  The reception part of this practice is Thai or Kimir only although Mr. Denist is english fluent as is Mrs. Dentist who shares the practice.  Note this:  They are open weekdays in the evening and weekends 9 to 4(?) i forget.  It is first come first serve as you may have become used to here in Thailand. 

Even for what I thought to be quite big work.  I had an implant done in France and the dentist had reserved an afternoon to install the stainless implant and take a cast for the crown and create a false front tooth.  I forget how much but could have been 10,000 € ?, 

Mr D. prepared my lower jaw and installed 2 implants in as many hours, or less.  He said that if a bone graft is required they would do that at the same time too.  He is friendly, if not a bit brusk. He is lazer focused on his work.  Don't be shy about getting another numbing shot and bring your lip salve as the patient's comfort is second to his access to the site.  I have had 6 or 7 implants and have zero complaints.

If you don't speak Thai don't go there first time w/o a friend who can.  Reception are very nice but it is difficult for them if you cannot speak a language that they understand.  Good luck🙏🏼

dentist, implant 20240702_193743.jpg

Thanks, very much indeed.