Foreigner criticised for hammock stunt on Bangkok billboard - video

snoop1130

Simple solution:

Arrest him and send him to jail pending charges and deportation orders. Once deportation is signed off on, then drop criminal charges and deport him (at his expense) to his home country with a 10 year ban. 

I know, this will never happen here as it would in other countries, but one can only hope we can catch up with the rest of the world in enforcing laws.

29 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not about attention seeking or thinking to be funny but it is a few thousand dollars in views. Who cares anyway, if he falls and dies, it is on his own risk, that's what the police likely thought too lol, if we wait long enough he will fall down some day.

What about the old man he fell on ? Does he count for nothing ?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Some people are just wired in such a way that they need to be constantly pulling stunts and taking risks. Often, they eventually pay a price for their silliness. 

Not just some people, since smart phones and Facebook etc it's become a way of life, the young just take it to the extreme, it's a sad condemnation of society in general. Life has become shallow and empty when the loss of an iPhone can produce symptoms similar to those of PTSD, it's a material world taken to the limit. There seems to be no role models left, no leaders worthy of respect, nobody cares about anything anymore, humanity is buried under a veneer of woke hypocrisy and greed.

18 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

He'll try these tricks once too often,  and then the problem will be solved. 

Not really. Responders will have to clean up the mess he makes on the pavement. He is just being selfish, getting his kicks and not considering others, least of all elderly people passing underneath his stunts.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Not just some people, since smart phones and Facebook etc it's become a way of life, the young just take it to the extreme, it's a sad condemnation of society in general. Life has become shallow and empty when the loss of an iPhone can produce symptoms similar to those of PTSD, it's a material world taken to the limit. There seems to be no role models left, no leaders worthy of respect, nobody cares about anything anymore, humanity is buried under a veneer of woke hypocrisy and greed.

Wow. A very strong indictment of humanity indeed, but it's very difficult to argue with what you're saying, there are no Mahatma Gandhi's right now, there are no Mother Teresa's, there are no great souls who are doing great work to look up to, and if there are the media could not care less. There are a few good celebrities and sports stars who seem to have good hearts and are helping mankind. And there are a few billionaires that seem to be generous, but it is certainly not the rule is it? 

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

His name must be Gordon.

He reminds me of a song from many decades ago by Jilted John called "Gordon is a Moron"....

Jilted John, or to give him his proper name Graham Fellows, ex Coronation Street actor, in fact one of Gail Tilsey (now Gail Pratt) many  ex's. Also the man behind alter ego John Shuttleworth.

In fact his original single had Jilted John as the B side. John Peel commented on playing it on his Radio 1 show the B side was better, and if pushed by a major would be a hit. Picked up by EMI it reached No. 4 within weeks.

Not to be undone, "Julie" got together with her boyfriend "Gordon" to release "Gordon's not a moron". Didn't chart as well as "John's" single. Ah the mid / late 70's were fun days.

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2024 at 10:22 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mental health issues for sure, straight to the LooneyBin for this guy. 

Sounds like he's a free runner

On 6/24/2024 at 10:22 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mental health issues for sure, straight to the LooneyBin for this guy. 

Sounds like he is a free runner and a bit of an adrenalin junkie.  Nothing wrong with that. Considering that the usual news items are about drunks fighting in Pattaya or drug dealers or pedophiles etc.  At least this young foreigner is just enjoying his youthful exuberance. 

28 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Sounds like he's a free runner

Sounds like he is a free runner and a bit of an adrenalin junkie.  Nothing wrong with that. Considering that the usual news items are about drunks fighting in Pattaya or drug dealers or pedophiles etc.  At least this young foreigner is just enjoying his youthful exuberance. 

Like I said, the guy is mentally unstable, get the rubber truck to pick him up, take him straight to the mental asylum. 

• Confused 1

It's just the 'look at me' generation.  We see it constantly on social media.  Be it pretty girls making all these stupid hand signs or whatever. 

Perhaps as has been mentioned, if cellphones didn't exist then you wouldn't have these plonkers. 

But cellphones are here so those who crave attention, are likely to do stupid crap like this. 

Teenagers don't think about what could go wrong and this idiot doesn't seem to advanced from that age group. 

Hell I can remember as a kid pulling wheelstands on my bicycle, didn't think about falling off and hurting myself.  Luckily by the time I could afford a motorbike I'd grown up somewhat. 

Some take longer to grow up.