Covid censorship

I think it’s a real good time to reread Fahrenheit 451. From what I remember some of society’s most trusted saviors were morphed into the ones who censored and burned books.

A lot of parallels going on here peeps. These people seemed to know what they were talking about with almost uncanny accuracy  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

“All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.”
 George Bernard Shaw

The crazy thing about these quotes is it’s still technically possible to be correct if you are for censorship, it’s just not very likely considering history, and also… well, you’re a person who approves of censoring. There’s not much wiggle room if you approve of censuring people; you’re on the wrong side of that issue 100%. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dhupverg said:

I'd like to see who funds these groups that come up with these "analysis" based on modeling.  Guaranteed they have skin in the game.  Microsoft AI for health, really?  Chan School of Public Health, really?  How much funding for grants and studies come from those with skin in the game and aren't neutral?  

The crazy part about all of this is we currently have very low booster uptake. In other words, even though there’s a lot of people and doctors and news anchors who outwardly support the vaccines, the uptake is low. There’s a lot of pretenders out there it seems. Huge red flag; there’s obviously a large contingent who’s outwardly supporting the vaccines, yet privately they aren’t taking them. Tells you what the real motivation is: as you allude to, money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

The crazy part about all of this is we currently have very low booster uptake. In other words, even though there’s a lot of people and doctors and news anchors who outwardly support the vaccines, the uptake is low. There’s a lot of pretenders out there it seems. Huge red flag; there’s obviously a large contingent who’s outwardly supporting the vaccines, yet privately they aren’t taking them. Tells you what the real motivation is: as you allude to, money. 

Spot on!

• Agree 1

Some time has gone by, I’ve had the chance to reflect, and yeah… I still don’t understand how people can believe the ones trying to do all the censoring… you know, the same ones who are also keeping their jobs, getting promotions, and making bundles of money, are the ones telling the truth. That’s not how it works, folks. 

• Like 1