Phuket bank manager’s pickup truck mishap

webfact

28-ชน4.jpg

A bank credit manager crashed his pickup truck into the back of a parked trailer in Phuket, causing significant damage. Police promptly investigated the scene. The trailer driver reported hearing a loud noise around 5.40am today, June 28.

Police Captain Aphairat In-iad from the Phuket City Police Station received the accident report. The crash happened in front of a petrol station on Chalermprakiet Rama 9 Road (Bypass Road) in Ratsada Subdistrict, Mueang District, Phuket. Police officers and an ambulance from Vachira Phuket Hospital rushed to the scene.

At the scene, an Isuzu pickup truck with the license plate กต 3156 Trang was found with its front end severely damaged after colliding with a container-carrying trailer. The trailer’s main registration number was 62-2830 Bangkok, with the trailer’s number being 62-7466 Bangkok.

Emergency services quickly arrived on the scene to investigate. The injured pickup truck driver, identified as 38 year old Thongchai, a credit manager at a bank in Phuket, sustained head and chest injuries due to the impact with the steering wheel. Emergency responders transported him to Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment.

The trailer driver, 56 year old Ekachai, explained that he parked his vehicle between 4pm and 5pm yesterday, June 27, waiting for a trip to Thung Song. He was sleeping in the trailer when he heard a loud crash around 5am today and discovered the accident.

Police Captain Aphairat documented the incident and took the trailer driver in for further questioning. Plans to interview the pickup truck driver again were mentioned, and arrangements were made to tow both vehicles from the scene for further investigation, reported KhaoSod.

In related news, a speeding pickup truck crashed into a utility pole, resulting in the driver’s immediate death. The collision occurred at 12.30am on June 20, with CCTV footage capturing the vehicle’s high speed before the accident. The incident took place at the intersection near an affordable housing project in Ban Ko subdistrict, Mueang district.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-06-28

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:
1 hour ago, stoner said:

i think this is the first time i have ever seen a story in thailand about someone smashing into a parked transport truck on the side of the road.

Your irony is very subtle

Sarcasm, not "irony"...ironically!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The trailer driver, 56 year old Ekachai, explained that he parked his vehicle between 4pm and 5pm yesterday, June 27, waiting for a trip to Thung Song. He was sleeping in the trailer when he heard a loud crash around 5am today and discovered the accident.

If the Op photo is accurate the trailer is illegally parked, half into the nearside lane.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think staring at the mobile is a major reason for many of these accidents.
I always wonder how the delivery guys on motorbike survive while always staring at their mobile during the ride.

The all seeing third eye.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think staring at the mobile is a major reason for many of these accidents.
I always wonder how the delivery guys on motorbike survive while always staring at their mobile during the ride.

Unexpected large unlit obstacle parked in the road in total darkness may be another.

1 hour ago, Katatonica said:

Unexpected large unlit obstacle parked in the road in total darkness may be another.

Yup...    I thought it was illegal for vehicles to park on the side of the road like this...  don't they need to exit the highway to a safer area to rest ?...   So many similar incidents.

I don't know if Thai's have an affinity for hitting stationary objects and vehicles, or if there are simply a lot more of them on the roads in the first place to be hit.... 

In the photo, it also appears that due to its width the lorry was parked 'partially' into the first lane. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Katatonica said:

Just saw late sunrise down south at 6:15.

Happened at 5:40. 

Total darkness? Not really.

Up here it's lit up at this time.

Adding to that the road has lights.

The truck is parked half into the left lane, half on the edge. Road is wide and it needs a good sleep to bang into.

Edited by KhunBENQ