What are the positive aspects to living in Thailand?

bob smith

I am liking the hot but not too hot weather in Jomtiem. Winter at home. Not much pollution. Not too busy. Accommodation and facilities get a lot of bang for your buck. I think I'm a low season in Thailand kind of guy. Nice food and all the other things mentioned many times. 

Think I'd miss the lack of certain foods, beer, wines, people I know, language I know, seasons if stayed too long. 

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am liking the hot but not too hot weather in Jomtiem. Winter at home. Not much pollution. Not too busy. Accommodation and facilities get a lot of bang for your buck. I think I'm a low season in Thailand kind of guy. Nice food and all the other things mentioned many times. 

Think I'd miss the lack of certain foods, beer, wines, people I know, language I know, seasons if stayed too long. 

You have now taken my place detained in the view talay 2B and good on you ....now your getting bored 😀 and I'm bored with you ..

Edited by georgegeorgia

16 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You have now taken my place detained in the view talay 2B and good on you ....now your getting bored 😀 and I'm bored with you ..

You added that last bit on afterwards to be mean ... look if you were stuck for 7 weeks  in a 21 sqm room amongst drunks and sad people and your escape was to go for long sweaty walks around Pattaya I feel your pain. But it was fairly likely given you would have known before hand but lesson learned and all that. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:02 AM, bob smith said:

some people have been complaining that I am too negative and never focus on the positives about living here.

So I would like to ring off what I think is good about living here, one by one:

1. Good food.

2. Relatively affordable.

3. Good weather for 6 months of the year.

4. Beautiful beaches.

5. Hot girls.

6. Drunk driving is tolerated/easy to do.

7. Fast internet.

that's pretty much all I can think of for now.

So to all the naysayers who say I'm a miserable b@stard, well, there you have it!

it's not all doom n gloom.

bob.

The food hmm to much sugar,to much oil,sometimes to spicy,if you eat streetfood probably also not clean,affordable if you live,eat,drink like a thai,weather is either to hot,ot to hot and humid,2months are ok(DEC+JAN),most beaches are dirty,water polluted or full of jelly fish,hot girls with bad intentions(not all)drunk driving is not tolerated friend ended up in prison and had to pay over 20000bt,fast internet I have to agree with you

On 6/29/2024 at 1:51 PM, proton said:

There is only one good thing about living here and thats the MUSIC WORLD, the rest is rubbish, second rate or annoying. 

Saw her on Tuesday at Tawang Deang, getting hard to get in to see her these days!

When you grew up watching live The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison.... the list is endless. So, no thanks. Spoiled rotten when young.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

A sad state of affairs...   

This is something I'd call a massive negative... 

Sad maybe , yet the fact remains more people drive drunk in Thailand and not just the natives.

31 minutes ago, itsari said:

Sad maybe , yet the fact remains more people drive drunk in Thailand and not just the natives.

Stating facts, without a link / source to back that up :coffee1:

In Thailand compared to ???

image.png.274994d52d8855d867909f70065c860b.png

source

Enforcement of laws ???  USA is pretty strict, and yet, still # 3

On 6/29/2024 at 2:20 PM, bob smith said:

A decent, albeit flawed reply.

The airports are atrocious here. 4hr immi queues are the norm, particularly in high season.

Violence against farangs happens daily.

I can't stand golf.

bob.

4h immigration ques at airports are not the norm. Usually it takes 30-60 min.

Violence against foreigners do not happen on a daily basis. Although, it happens a lot but many times they have asked for it in one way or another.

If you can´t stand golf, I have a great idea. Try and stay away from it. 

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Stating facts, without a link / source to back that up :coffee1:

In Thailand compared to ???

image.png.274994d52d8855d867909f70065c860b.png

source

Enforcement of laws ???  USA is pretty strict, and yet, still # 3

I use my own observations that conflict with your forbes survey. One factor that may keep the official statistics low here in Thailand is the lack of inforcement , plus many cases of drink driving would not reach the courts .

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

But you are right not working can lead to boredom. Friends and family aside I think it's a lot less boring here in low season than in Australia in Winter. So many more options that seem like more fun. Doing nothing is better in warm weather. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

When I see someone dressed in those ridiculous clothes I laugh at them.

They look like clowns.

bob.

Ok, that´s strange. I usually see people walking in better class shorts or long normal pants. Some even dressed in sport pants. Usually to be combined with a piké shirt or high class t-shirt.

Edited by Gottfrid

16 minutes ago, itsari said:

I use my own observations that conflict with your forbes survey. One factor that may keep the official statistics low here in Thailand is the lack of inforcement , plus many cases of drink driving would not reach the courts .

So no facts, just your opinion ... got it

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, that´s strange. I usually see people walking in better class shorts or long normal pants. Some even dressed in sport pants. Usually to be combined with a piké shirt or high class t-shirt.

...you a golf goon then, gottfiddle?

bob.

53 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

In regards to the OP,

Good looking girls, cheap local food (tom yum, pad Thai, bahm mi, pho), decent weather and good value for money. It's a shame there's so many foreigners around though 

Bahn Mi and Pho are local dishes ?