Aussie motocross rider to attempt grueling 24-hour ride world record near Hua Hin

webfact

image.jpeg

Former professional motocross champion Mark Savage, 49, is gearing up for an extraordinary challenge.

On August 31, at the Sam’s Canyon motocross and off-road circuit in Sam Roi Yot, Mark will attempt the first of three world record attempts and he is determined to make history.

Mark Savage’s journey into the world of motocross began on a vast cattle station in the Australian outback of western Queensland. Growing up on a 3.5 million-acre family farm, he was educated through Australia’s School of the Air program, which provides distance education to children in remote areas. From a young age, Savage demonstrated exceptional racing skills, competing locally by the time he was nine.

By the age of 13, Mark had secured sponsorship from Honda and turned professional at 16. His career took him around the globe, competing in motocross, supercross, and 1000cc superbikes. Mark’s racing career was marked by significant achievements and financial rewards, as well notable setbacks, including 11 surgeries resulting from his daring exploits on the track.

By Online Reporter 

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2024-07-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

There must either be a mistake or there's something missing or very wrong in this story.  I've read the original article several times and it doesn't explain.

I've ridden motorcycles and driven vehicles 750 Km several times in various countries and I had no idea that I might be breaking world records.  It takes about 12 hours including fuel stops and the like.  The average speed (750/12) comes out at 62.6 Km/h which is a huge 39 Mph.

So they're telling us that he's going to "attempt" 750 Km in 24 hours (750/24) which comes out at 31.25 Km/h which is a massive 19.5 Mph?  Is the bike equipped with a zimmer rollator or something?  Is this really news?