Thai Mascot Worker Punched Unconscious by Foreigner; Attacker Sought

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

CCTV screenshot

In an unexpected turn of events, a Thai mascot worker was assaulted by a foreigner, leaving him unconscious. The incident has sparked a widespread social media campaign to identify and apprehend the assailant.

The unfortunate event occurred on 3rd July, when a Facebook user recounted his harrowing experience, seeking assistance in locating the foreigner responsible for the attack.

The victim, donning a green mascot costume, detailed the incident: “I need everyone’s help. I don’t know the attacker’s name, nationality, or anything else. Please share his picture to help find him.

I was in my mascot costume when a foreign man approached me for a handshake. As I extended my hand, he squeezed it painfully, prompting me to cry out and withdraw. Suddenly, he punched me in the face, right where my eyes align with the costume’s mask, reported Matichon.

I fell to the ground and lost consciousness for a brief moment. Despite wearing a padded suit, the force of the blow and fall caused some minor injuries. It was only thanks to the staff members that I managed to get up, although I was too dazed to pursue the attacker.

Having worked as a mascot for nearly a decade, this incident shook me profoundly. I am now seeking justice and an apology from the assailant. Please share my story widely. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”

Sharing further details, the mascot worker explained, “For those wondering why I didn’t fight back, I blacked out. Even if I had retaliated, imagine the headlines: ‘Mascot punches tourist.’ It would be a disaster.”

The social media plea aims to mobilize public support to identify the attacker and ensure the mascot worker receives the justice he deserves. The incident is a stark reminder of the unpredictable dangers faced by workers even in seemingly safe, everyday roles.

image.jpeg

CCTV screenshot

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

What a coward and bastard!!! The streets have to be cleaned of scum like this man!!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Normal people don't behave like this, normal people don't just punch people randomly, however the terrible aspect of this is that foreigners misbehaving seems to be attracting more and more media attention, and for some reason it seems to be a very popular topic.

Why is it a terrible aspect? It´s only a natural result. Today we have social media, people with camera in their phones always ready to capture the event as well as much better quality CCTV. At the same time the amount of crazy foreigner behaving like arses in Thailand seems to increase. Of course the media and the people will contrate much harder on it, show more of it and react more to it.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, or Pakistani. Which suggests nationalist animosity, if the assailant was Indian. Though the photo shown at the top tells us nothing really.

Not sure I know what a 'mascot worker' is ... Someone small and dressed in a funny outfit? In this case, an outfit representing a country or sports team?

Yeah, like I was thinking the green over white thingie behind his fist triggered him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“For those wondering why I didn’t fight back, I blacked out. Even if I had retaliated, imagine the headlines: ‘Mascot punches tourist.’ It would be a disaster.”

Because it was a one vs one fight. Thai men don't do that.

At least five vs one to feel safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Immigration has software that identifies foreigners even when the whole face isn't visible. I hear that Thai prisons have around 180 people in a cell. They were made for 500 people. Immigration's IDC is also grossly crowded. The man will soon regret what he did.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The guy was most likely playfully giving the mascot a sock in the jaw as a joke and misjudged the amount of protection the costume padding provided. His companion appears to be smiling which suggests that it was done playfully. The stance the guy took when delivering the punch (he does not appear to have put his full body into the punch) does not suggest that his intention was to injure the guy either. Poor choice for a horseplay target, but my guess is that's about it.

It may have been that actually....spur of moment over-reach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why did he punch the " mascot " ...?

I do not think that he was offended by something the ' mascot ' did ...

Must have had a bad day . may be GF left or something ...

He should learn to behave in a foreign country .

If , ever , they catch him , put the mascot costume on him and let some Thai his own size smack him , just as he did ...

Time to learn a lesson ...

Perhaps the perp, who looks like he could be a Hindustani, is one of Modis charming ultra-nationalists and felt a conditioned compulsion to punch the mascot......because it is the colours of the Pakistani flag?

Oh, looks like previous posters have already gone that route.

Never mind.

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, karmasdestiny said:

What a coward and bastard!!! The streets have to be cleaned of scum like this man!!!

Did anyone prophesize these people?   Only Travis.   Come in, Travis.

Someday a real rain will come and wash this scum off the streets.