If you are a resident in Thailand, should you always carry your passport with you?

I have never carried my Passport with me in Bangkok because its better to go to Police Station for clarification Passport ID than to miss your passport on streets. I secure them at my safety box for any case.

Anyone with your name -surname and Passport ID can issue in your name .....online loans to any online Bank around the world......or to issue in your name any debt card ......and you pay the "bill".....

Modern societies do not want "papers" to clarify your personal data and when Police officers stop you for check ID then you offer them your name -surname and number of your ID or your Social Security Number and they search on line at their Data Base at their official tablets. Certainly you can save your documents electronically in your smartphone locked files that can only be openned with your personal key in case where you lost them.

I do not understand by the time I have my legal Immigration Visa I.D number then whats the problem for any check?

They need also and my......urine measurement or my dic......lenth and I am sorry for present ladies.......? Anything else?

Only had this happen once in Thailand i was travelling on the chicken bus local red bus 

The police officer boarded the bus demanding id from the passenger's 

It's a area near Burma, when he got to me he couldn't really communicate with me and gave up,

On an another note I was mugged in vitamam 30 years ago, and for some unknown reason I had photocopied my passport and this turned out to be a life saver!

• Confused 1

I've lived in Thailand for over 20 years and have never been asked for my passport by the police or other civil authorities. I have been asked for it during certain transactions, especially at my bank and, of course, Immigrations. I also have a Thai driver's license and a resident ID (pink card), but again, am only asked for them during certain transactions.  I now carry photos on my phone of my passport, visa page, extension page, and 90-day receipt.

• Like 1