British-Thai couple ‘paws’ to save puppy from restaurant abuse

webfact

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Do you notice that all the drug addicts in Thailand are excused because they are suffering from mental illness  ....   

mental illness my **ss 

My youngest son took soft drugs at an early age, by the time he where 27and took his own life he were a paranoid schizophrenic.  

Drugs do damage to a brain and seeing your son change in front of your eyes is heartbreaking.  Padlocks on bedroom doors even jail did not stop him, drugs abundant in jail.

Maybe a mental illness makes folk take drugs, but it is damage to the brain/awareness/thinking processes that become broken creating behavioral problems, it is a cop out to say they are ill and like a cold they will be back healthy in a day or two. 

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Did I say these were soi dogs? Most of, if not all of them were other's dogs that liked to come to my house because I was nice to them, and gave them a little food. This had them returning. Other dogs in our village were also poisoned, which means this nutcase lives here and doesn't like dogs, and has to kill them to feed his sick control personality. These dogs only go after other dogs when they are trying to mate. I've never seen any here act aggressive against people. Feeding these dogs is a nice thing to do, because sometimes they aren't being fed anywhere else. What is making the dog problem worse here is locals, and their lack of care for dogs after they change from the puppy stage. Neutering and spaying is the only way to reduce the population because not many actually care besides those that are doing the fixing, and those that are feeding the animals that are already here.

If they are out roaming the streets and you are feeding them ..... THEY are soi dog's ....

I bet if one bites someone ... there will be no owners come forward. 

You are just feeding soi dogs and making a problem worse.  

you are correct ... Neutering and spaying will help,   but feeding soi dogs won't help. 

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Soi dogs are owner less dogs. There are many here and I mentioned the only way to reduce their populations, as have others before. These dogs around my house aren't soi dogs but owned dogs that aren't loved.

I hear ya .... and your right, neutering and spaying is required,    but feeding unwanted dogs only encourages them to hang around which just makes it worse  ....    if you didn't feed them then maybe, just maybe they will go elsewhere looking for food.      just saying ...     

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Soi dogs are owner less dogs. There are many here and I mentioned the only way to reduce their populations, as have others before. These dogs around my house aren't soi dogs but owned dogs that aren't loved.

anyway Fred,  we both like dogs,  just not soi dogs ....  haha ..

let's leave it at that ... :jap:

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Animals here aren't looked at much  the same way they are back in the US, where they are part of the family and aren't mistreated except

For On average, 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized every year in the United States. Shelters around the country euthanize an estimated 670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats each year. 45% of all cats who enter shelters are eventually euthanized.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

More 'animal lovers' who you can bet your life stuff themselves with pork raised in appalling conditions. See a fluffy puppy and its all tears and rescue

Yes restaurant owners. 
I doubt it was a vegan restaurant 

• Confused 2

Just now, MalcolmB said:

For On average, 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized every year in the United States. Shelters around the country euthanize an estimated 670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats each year. 45% of all cats who enter shelters are eventually euthanized.

Yes, this is a problem worldwide. My point was that animals here aren't loved like they are in western countries by more than a few. Animals will breed anywhere they aren't neutered of spayed. The same thing happens with deer, which are out of control in urban areas because hunting seasons are stopped by ignorant people who don't understand carrying capacity and what happens when animals are left to over populate their habitat. People are irresponsible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

I always go for a walk every morning and I know all the street dogs well but for a week they have all disappeared, and this happens at least a couple of times a year, so I suppose they are taken to be eaten.

6th monthly round-up... the hungry must be fed.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dallen52 said:

We've had the odd cat disappear here in Issan. 

Seriously..

That's likely a Python 🐍 or a water monitor. Lost a few that way. 

3 hours ago, proton said:

More 'animal lovers' who you can bet your life stuff themselves with pork raised in appalling conditions. See a fluffy puppy and its all tears and rescue

You non-pork eaters are just so perfect.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nobody is perfect, but crying over a dog when you are eating other animals is pure hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, proton said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nobody is perfect, but crying over a dog when you are eating other animals is pure hypocrisy.

In what conditions are the animals that you eat raised?

4 hours ago, proton said:

You must be fun at parties...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Not eaten any since 1972, or fish. People can eat what they like but don't pretend they are animal lovers if eating them

You can love a pet dog and treat it well but still enjoy a delicious pork chop with a nice bit of crackling 🤤

Each to their own.

• Agree 1

Lots of Thai bashing going on here. Yeah, there are Thais who are abusive to animals and there are 'industries' that need a hell of a lot of reform (though remember we're talking about a developing country here). I've seen a lot worse in other countries. And I've seen a lot of Thais who are more caring toward animals than the typical people I knew back home. Case in point: my Thai ex-gf heard a dog get hit by a car outside her shop one night and brought him in and nursed him back to relative health (including having to wipe his @ss etc) ... slept outside with him at night for several days. I bought a doggy wheel-chair for him too. She named him chokedee ('lucky') ... seems to be the name for such occasions. I don't know many people who would gone to so much trouble as her.  

DSC02770nik.jpg

• Love It 2

29 minutes ago, proton said:

Not eaten any since 1972, or fish.

Yeah, and just look what it’s done to you; turned you into a smug, moralising, sanctimonious, virtue signalling, vegetable killer ¯\_()_/¯

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Not eaten any since 1972, or fish. People can eat what they like but don't pretend they are animal lovers if eating them

There's a big difference in eating and animal that most people keep as a pet, compared to an animal that is raised for eating. If People did not eat them then there is no point in these animals existing.