Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Damn!

Looks like the shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks of Pennsylvania, was a registered Republican.

555555!!!!!

I guess Trump would call him a "never Trumper"! 😃

• Haha 2

What we have of a debate here is toxic

I will save my long screed. The thesis is to be if the tables of this event had been turned, the right-wingers here would be singing a different tune. Totally. No rational or decent person wishes anybody harmed or especially political violence. Of what we have a long US history of.

Now early this morning I just had happened to “look at me iPhone”. I saw a bubble from a YouTube I sometimes see. So I heard the very first report live and also the live comment feed. One thing is interesting within seconds the comments immediately deviate to the worst kind of speculative conspiracy rubbish.  And this being a liberal channel, both sides. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

No need for them to keep spewing their hatred - Trump has now experienced first hand what it results in. Unlike Reagan who let it go, Trump will become emboldened and will be embarking on a serious campaign of 'removal' unlike any POTUS before him. The Swamp and the Dems have come back hard, and their supporters have created an atmosphere in which a nutter has decided to take action.  This will be a turning point in USA politics and I just read this quote and it is perfect:-

“This is no small thing, to restore a republic after it has fallen into corruption. I have studied history for years and I cannot recall it ever happening. It may be that our task is impossible. Yet, if we do not try then how will we know it can’t be done? And if we do not try, it most certainly won’t be done. The Founders’ Republic, and the larger war for western civilization, will be lost.”

“But I tell you this: We will not go gently into that bloody collectivist good night. Indeed, we will make with our defiance such a sound as ALL history from that day forward will be forced to note, even if they despise us in the writing of it.”

~ Mike Vanderboeg

The left is catapulting Trump back into the White House.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, impulse said:

I wonder if any of the MSM (or AN posters) will apologize for ridiculing Tucker Carlson when he predicted they'd try to kill Trump?

Probably not...  Yet another loony conspiracy theory that was really a spoiler alert.

‘They’?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Did not Biden say on July 8th Trump needed to be put in the bulls eye? Irresponsible incitement for murder, and from the Democratic leader. 

Verifiable link or it never happened.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Maybe he didn't want to get in trouble with the left for misgendering them.

I look forward to learning the political affiliation of the shooter and what motivated him to commit this outrageous act of political violence.

Until then I’ll not point any fingers.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I look forward to learning the political affiliation of the shorter and what motivated him to commit this outrageous act of political violence.

Until then I’ll not point any fingers.

He's a registered Republican

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

dear god, would you just zip the lip? there are very few details available yet.

There is plenty of details - a nutter tried to kill Trump - I also do not think he was a right wing supporting Jan 6 invading election denier. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Turns out just another run of the mill young Yank gun nutter looking for fame. His voter registration indicates he was a Republican. Lot of foolish comments about lefties on here in need of an edit

Actually, it seems that this information has exacerbated MAGA conspiracy rants on this thread, in a lame attempt to distract attention from this simple fact! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1