Police Arrest 5 Suspects in Robbery of British Crypto Trader

webfact

British cryptocurrency trader assaulted and robbed in Bangkok
by Ryan Turner

britishman.webp

Image courtesy of KhaoSod

Five foreign nationals have been arrested for allegedly robbing and assaulting a British cryptocurrency trader in Bangkok, tying him up and inflicting serious injuries. The suspects deny the charges and have requested to give their testimony in court.

Police Colonel Wachirakorn Wongboon from Khlong Tan Police Station yesterday, July 14, led a team to apprehend five suspects involved in the robbery of the British trader.

The suspects include Abdullahi Ahmed Saney Mohamed from Denmark, Shafiq Sumya and Ahmed Saeed Yasin from England, Hussein Mohamed Hassan Sheekh from England, and an unidentified foreign woman.

Seized items included two Apple iPhones, luxury watches from Audemars Piguet and Rolex, one ADCD credit card, and 24,000 baht in cash. The total value of the seized items exceeds 3 million baht, believed to have been stolen from the British man.

The incident occurred previously on July 12 around 4.50am when the victim joined the five suspects, three men and two women, at a mansion in Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei District, Bangkok. The victim was then threatened, physically assaulted with punches and a stun gun, and tied up with ropes and tape.

Police investigated and identified the suspects, leading to their arrest along with the seized items. During the interrogation, the suspects denied the allegations and opted to present their case in court. Investigations revealed that the suspects were unemployed and had committed the crime for the first time.

The initial charges filed include armed robbery, causing bodily or mental harm, coercion involving five or more people using weapons to force someone to act, refrain from acting, or comply due to fear of danger to life, body, liberty, reputation, or property.

Additional charges involve unlawful detention, armed extortion, misappropriation of documents, and carrying weapons in public without a valid reason. The suspects were handed over to the investigators for further legal proceedings, reported KhaoSod.

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

Investigations revealed that the suspects were unemployed and had committed the crime for the first time.

Are they still receiving their benefits/dole payments ? Why is Thailand the place to commit these crimes ? Why not do it in the UK there must be crypto traders there ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So anyone with Binance account can call himself "crypto trader"? Please!

Btw, there are so many p2p fraudsters and the only way to get your money back is exactly ^^^^ one.

there was a case with smart-a$$ from Romania cheated over p2p for almost $16K. Victim had to hire an enforcer to get his money back. But got away just fine.
May 2024, Northern Bangkok.

4 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I hope the Immigration authorities are checking out their visas and reason for being here besides kidnapping and extortion 😱

Visiting the temples?

• Haha 1

So none of them have a criminal record or a job , yet all find themselves together in Thailand acting out kidnapping etc ? 

Someone is telling porkies me thinks !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Exactly.

Us real Brits, with real British names never cause any trouble at home or abroad.

Deport them to Australia like we did in the good old days.

I am a real Brit with an Irish name, and am here on an Ozzy passport....:cheesy: I need help I'm not sure if I'm a Schizophrenic now. Maybe an Australian hospital cleaner can help me. :cheesy:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The UK is full of imported criminal ham heads ready to scam the living daylights out of you 🤔

Unlike Thailand then...................they don't need to import any they have enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

All very English names... No surprises there! 

who was the victim, Ali Baba? I have a different understanding of socializing but perhaps it's a Muslim thing.

2 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

Obviously making reference to their ethnicity as if that's a factor.

What was the filthy white British paedophile, Richard Burrows, who was deported back to the UK after hiding out here for 30 years? Was he fleeing persecution?

What about the white British "teacher", David Brown, who fainted upon being arrested earlier this year for sexually assaulting several of his 4-7 year old pupils while working at an international school?

Is their Britishness authentic enough for you??
Are their names British enough for you??
Should we regard all white males here as paedophiles because of the actions of a few?

You people and your bigotry disgust me. 
You love to deflect from the filth that ostensibly "real" British are up to in this country

Calm down Ali, pigs (if you'll excuse the metaphor) can be found everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Are those females the victims? If they need a bed to rest their heads for the night I can help. And a warm meal in their bellies. 

Is that less the bondage (Already been done/tried apparently)

I'm sure you can offer a protein shake instead. 

5 hours ago, sungod said:

All upstanding members of the community, excellent examples of the UK immigration system. Fleeing persecution and given sanctuary in the UK no doubt,

How do you know they weren't born in UK Sherlock? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1