Biden Withdraws from Re-Election, Endorses Harris in a Pivotal Shift for the 2024 Race

Social Media

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I guess that you are describing yourself, as seen in your mirror. 

Yes sir, that’s right. I’m K. Harris covertly here to let you all know that we’ve been scamming everyone 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Are you surprised? Or you happy for Trump and his plan to save the democracy ideology now that Biden's out of the way where he (hopefully) can do no kore harm. In realty Biden should resign and thrown out of the WH. He deserves nothing less. I even suspect the 25th was dangled in front of his feckless face to help him arrive at his decision or some financial bribe or other coercion. Now you don't get to witness Trump humiliate the coward Biden again in the Sept 10 debate.

Let’s stick to the facts.

Biden has withdrawn his candidacy.

Trump’s campaign needs now reorientate to whoever the Democrat candidate is, most likely Harris.

In the meantime we can witness the traction that attacking Biden on age and cognition has gained.

I very much look forward to the Democrats confirming their candidate, to hearing the choice for running mate and the forthcoming election.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Nobody except the most deluded liberal could think Harris was chosen as VP for her abilities, intellect or charm. Obviously a DEI choice as she is coloured and female. DEI is poisoning the USA and UK.

Line up the qualifications and experience of VP Harris against those of JD Vance.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

So so Pathetic. You really don' have anything to counter Biden's obvious racism with.

You give it a rest, or you'll end up with Dementia! Do you mean VP as I'm not sure what VO is supposed to be. 

vodka and orange.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe you did, maybe you did not.

That you frequently resort to use of racist dog whistling is a matter of record.

You that bit where you claimed, with zero evidence, that a black barrister must have been the beneficiary of positive discrimination in order to get into Harvard Law School.

You’ve got form Jonny.

Pot shouting.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s a stooge for the extreme rightwing, financed by billionaires and the same people backing Trump.

Yet you complain about irrational nonsense - pot balling out loud now. 

51 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It probably wasn’t a good idea for Trump and his campaign to have made age and cognitive decline such a central plank of Trump’s campaign.

He’s probably also wishing he had chosen a different running mate.

It was his own that complained most.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Harris isn't my pick - superficial things like her nasally whiny voice are not assets. But she's fairly smart. Trump is dumb and ignorant. So there's that.

"dumb and ignorant" really?  become POTUS, a billion-dollar business, and a beautiful wife?  no matter how much I loathe Biden /Harris, I would never call them "dumb and ignorant", Which sounds very... dumb and ignorant.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just because you don’t like what I say does not make it of no value.

Trump and his campaign made Biden’s age and cognition a central plank of their campaign.

It’s out there and will almost certainly be used by the Democrats against Trump.

And there were many planks to consider.

43 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

As a true lame duck he has nothing to lose except for his legacy.  Which might not matter because I doubt he will be around much longer.  He is 82 and not looking very energetic. Also, does he really where his presidential library will be built. Therefore, "let the pardons start flowing".  I wonder who might get pardoned first???? 

That has to be a big consideration with this decision, as there is much for Joe to do before January. 

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

"dumb and ignorant" really?  become POTUS, a billion-dollar business, and a beautiful wife?  no matter how much I loathe Biden /Harris, I would never call them "dumb and ignorant", Which sounds very... dumb and ignorant.

Listen to a Trump speech if you can stop yourself from nodding off. Where his mind goes. Ask yourself if he is really smart on the things he should be smart about on world affairs, economics, actual things that matter in formulating policy . Street smart in some ways. OK maybe not dumb and ignorant if compared to the average punter but compared to other Presidents - for sure in my opinion. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And he’s not the 2024 Democrat candidate.

It didn't say he was.

Did you just pen another pointtless post?

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More to the point, what will Biden do after the election results come in.

He’ll be in possession of the very lawless power Trump wanted and the SCOTUS confirmed with nothing to lose.

After November Biden will be in possessin of his bicyvle so he can take daily rides around his house in Delaware.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I respect Joe for bowing out of the election. Still believe that he can beat Trump. No doubt he is old but his faculties are still intact compare to the rapidly cognitive decline of Trump. I am sure Trump’s allies can see his decline but too afraid to speak out and call for his resignation. 

are you serious, 'old but his faculties are still intact' have you been watchig totally different new to the rest of the world? di you not see the debate, or practically any time he's spoken?

why do you think the media and his fellow dems have suggested he steps down.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In the meantime we can witness the traction that attacking Biden on age and cognition has gained.

and by calling Trump a racist, Hitler, a threat to democracy, white supremacist, Marist, for the past 8 or so years. Don't forget Trump took a bullet for democracy, whats Biden  done lately besides quit earlier today and don't forget his imbecile like debate performance the entire nation witnessed. LOL Thats a lot of traction especially when your going backwards uphill in true biden fashion.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Bit of an apples and oranges comparison considering that Harris is probably going to top the ticket, but...

1/ both first term Senators. Kamala from a very safe seat, JD beat a Democratic incumbent.

2/ JD was a Marine, Kamala was a lawyer

3/ JD wins on academic pedigree, Yale vs. UC Hastings. JD was also editor of the Yale Law Review

4/ JD has worked in the private sector. Kamala has spent her life on the government teat

5/ JD has three kids, Kamala none of her own

6/ JD has a compelling life story of grit and determination. Kamala..... child of radical 60s academics in Berkeley.

7/ JD has won several debates. Kamala was schooled by a Hawaiian surfer.

Did I miss anything?

I learned a about JD after reading Hillbilly Elegey. He had to be the adult of the house when he just a kid.  My respect for him started there.  I may not agree with of all his positions but he dug himself out from becoming a "white trash" loser.  Met a lot of people who never got out when I lived in Kentucky. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Its about time Biden was removed as a  candidate but why is he allowed to continue to be President when he is obviously not functioning on all cylinders? I cannot imagine that things will be better under Word Salad Harris. And who will be First Lady under Harris, Hillary? This cannot be a good thing for the citizens of America.

Harris take over.jpg

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No.

Some light reading for you, Bill:

"President Joe Biden faced a new round of defections Friday from Democratic lawmakers publicly calling on him to leave the presidential race, even as his campaign sought to project a message that he isn’t going anywhere".

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/19/politics/democratic-defections-joe-biden/index.html

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Now, Now brother Trans - you know what your idol said: "Only The Lord Almighty" so we must assume that has now happened - Amen

But, I am in no way religious.........🤔