Chinese woman arrested over illegal passport ad in Thailand

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite her central role, Nasu claimed she did not know the contractor's identity, identifying them solely through a picture on LINE.

hahahaha... classic defence - "I don't know" and "It was not ME".. 

They should ban her or refer her to the Chinese police.. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

What surprises me the most is that she had the temerity to think she could get away with it

She probably believed that the love affair between Thailand & China would keep her safe?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

As pointed out by the earlier post, Vanuatu passports are available but they require an "investment" of $130,000 for an individual. That is nearly CNY 950,000, a lot more than 70,000. To my simple mind that would suggest that these are not genuine Vanuatu passports. She is seen holding two passports, and at least one of them appears to be a male. Wouldn't it be worth Immigration Department checking if they are genuine or not. If she refuses to disclose the identity of whoever asked her to place the advert, then she must take the punishment that would have been meted out to such a person, becasue she becomes solely responsible.

• Thumbs Up 1

As others have said there are countries where you can legally buy your citizenship/passport.  So there may have been nothing illegal with the sign.

There are many jurisdictions that offer a second legal passport if you can afford it - some very much worth having, generally for tax reasons. The Chinese do seem to like them so they can claim ... well not to be Chinese. It is a convenient cover. Take for the example the nefarious activities undertaken by the "born in China" criminals in the $3 Billion money laundering scam in Singapore. Some held multiple passports including Vanuatu and St Kitts & Nevis .....

image.png.5dc8c049e2ec31bd277a27d90f90096e.png

13 hours ago, NemoH said:

hahahaha... classic defence - "I don't know" and "It was not ME".. 

They should ban her or refer her to the Chinese police.. LOL

Only obeying orders?

On 7/24/2024 at 1:46 AM, webfact said:

A Chinese woman has been detained by Royal Thai Police (RTP) for her involvement in placing a controversial advertisement promoting passport services for relocating to another country in the Huai Khwang district of Bangkok. The suspect, known as Nasu, stood accused of acting as an intermediary for a Hong Kong company.

On 7/24/2024 at 1:46 AM, webfact said:

Good arrest as many Chinese as you can.