Ex-PM Thaksin’s Dubai dreams dashed: Medical treatment declined

Thaksin's voluntary return to Thailand has always been a mystery to me.  What back room deal did he get to convince him to return?  And now that he's back and has been convicted, then paroled, what fears does he have that we are unaware of?

For someone who has likely socked billions away, he could probably arrange a secret flight out of the LoS on a runway made out of 1,000 baht notes.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

No wonder I needed the assistance of Google and Wikipedia to figure that one out. I’d never heard of J. Arthur Rank, and I doubt too many other people have!

Barclays Bank, Gorton Tank. 

He wants treatment abroad just like 15 yrs ago.This time he will not be allowed he is on parole,the brown evenlopes continue and treatment in thailand is just as good ,he just have to pay for it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Every county has their own Orange Man…

Who is the orange man in Australia?

Who is the orange man in the UK ?

Who is the orange man in Norway?

it's a complete mockery. Furthermore, the only solution they appear to have for the economy is to let in mass tourism on a level that is never been seen anywhere else in the world, at a huge enviromental cost. 

On 8/1/2024 at 3:20 AM, CygnusX1 said:

No wonder I needed the assistance of Google and Wikipedia to figure that one out. I’d never heard of J. Arthur Rank, and I doubt too many other people have!

If you were British you would, particular in London Rhyme slang, ie what rhymes with rank?

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:26 PM, KannikaP said:

Barclays Bank, Gorton Tank. 

I think very few from outside East Manchester will be familiar with Gorton Tank. Even fewer will know its origin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 2:53 PM, expat_4_life said:

Self-inflicted ... should have retired from public life, stayed home with his family, and out of politics. :guitar:

Hm,... There is so much money to be made by politics !!! Not to mention Thai Politics !?!?

On 8/1/2024 at 1:16 AM, StevieAus said:

I contracted pneumonia a few years ago after Influenza A, was promptly treated and recovered.

My wife had a rota cuff tear repaired six months ago, again fully recovered.

The medical treatment here in Thailand is excellent cannot imagine why it would be better in the UAE.

I will send him the names of our doctors at Chiang Mai Ram hospital.

Were you and your wife looking at a possible prison sentence in an elite police hospital? No? Then you didn't have what he has.

It's all in the details.  

On 8/1/2024 at 1:58 AM, spidermike007 said:

Not really. Every one I know in Issan has forsaken him and no longer supports him. After selling out both his party and his soul, few respect him anymore. His relevance has diminished greatly. His moral bankruptcy has multiplied and grown. He is an embarrassment to all. 

My wife has always hated him. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 2:56 AM, Thingamabob said:

I gather he wants to run away to Dubai, again, having upset those who allowed him to return to Thailand on the condition he stayed out of politics. He has found out his departure will be blocked at any airport and is raising medical issues as a last resort. it won't work, and he is stuck. Entirely his own fault. Should have kept his mouth shut and led a quiet life.

He may well still disappear, as Yingluck did.

On 8/2/2024 at 2:28 AM, maxcorrigan said:

If you were British you would, particular in London Rhyme slang, ie what rhymes with rank?

What's Frank got to do with all this?

On 8/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, kimamey said:

Were you and your wife looking at a possible prison sentence in an elite police hospital? No? Then you didn't have what he has.

It's all in the details.  

You obviously didn’t pick up my sarcasm !!

On 8/3/2024 at 3:56 PM, KhunRon said:

I think very few from outside East Manchester will be familiar with Gorton Tank. Even fewer will know its origin.

I originally came from South of Manchester to Australia then Thailand.

Became aware of Gorton Tank when about 11/12 years old.

Have driven through Gorton many times.

On 8/17/2024 at 7:15 AM, StevieAus said:

You obviously didn’t pick up my sarcasm !!

I appreciate sarcasm, although sometimes it's difficult to be sure if it's sarcasm or stupidity. In your case I was confident it was sarcasm, which is why I replied with sarcasm.

11 hours ago, kimamey said:

I appreciate sarcasm, although sometimes it's difficult to be sure if it's sarcasm or stupidity. In your case I was confident it was sarcasm, which is why I replied with sarcasm.

Thanks